Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-13, 03:45 PM  
yahoo205

TTapp T Tapp Bootcamp?

Are there different TTapp bootcamps? Could someone detail them and your experiences?

This is what I found from searching:
-full body workout for 4-14 days
-never do a boot-camp closer than 6 weeks to each other
-only do a boot-camp if you have stop losing inches or your body has stopped responding to exercise.
-Don’t underestimate the power of a simple 4 day boot-camp—aiming too long might take the wind from your sails and prevent you from being successful.
-You may also do a boot-camp if it has been more than 2 weeks since you’ve don’t any T-Tapp at all.

Lanette posted this one on a different thread:

If you've been away and want to get back to it you could use the Model's blitz schedule without all the extras added in. Basically, a 10 day straight bootcamp. Then every other day for 2 weeks. Then every third day for 2 weeks. Then an optional blitz (5 workouts over Friday, Saturday and Sunday) or just progress to twice weekly.

Which workouts count as full body? Do they have to be a certain length?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 06:19 PM  
Kathleen86

I believe the bootcamps are typically done with the Total Workout or T-Tapp to Tempo (this is a faster version of total workout with less instruction; you used to have to call them to get it). You could probably do it with other workouts she has too if you want to hone in on a specific area..I have Hit the Floor which is a core workout with some leg work and somewhere I have a lower body DVD that I've misplaced. Later on, she came out with some 'walking'/stepping in place DVDs..I'm sure you could include those too. The concept of her bootcamps came out before she had more variety available..so I'm sure you can pair different workouts together if you wish.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 08:49 PM  
yahoo205

I did a 10 or 14 day one a long time ago with the total workout and it was really hard but good. Was wondering about doing other workouts and if it needs to be at least 30 or 45 minutes (i.e. total body with minimum time).
Old 06-10-13, 01:47 AM  
Kathleen86

Well, I'm no expert..but if it were me, I would keep it 45 mins to an hour...and make sure you are not neglecting any areas...arms, core, legs...maybe use the total workout as a template for how much time she spends on each area? If you could do cardio on top of that without burning out, that would be a bonus.

I think the basic workout plus is the reproduction of the one that came with the VHS tapes that I have..I believe it was called Mini Max and was 15 mins..it included the primary back stretch and some other moves--I remember that makes a good starter add-on to make your workout more complete. I think I did a bootcamp once with that plus Hit the Floor.

It's been awhile since I have done any T-Tapp. I need to search my house for that lower body DVD (Tempo Lower Body..I think it is called?)..I think i was intimidated by it when I bought it, but I'd love to try it now.

Which of hers do you have? I'd like to try some of her newer content but they are so expensive.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 04:18 PM  
yahoo205

I have alot of them somewhere and I want to start doing more T-tapp but the seem to only do the basic workout plus or total workout.

Does anyone have experiences with Ttapp bootcamps of any length?
Old 06-11-13, 10:31 AM  
yahoo205

Anyone else?
Old 06-11-13, 10:28 PM  
marya

Hi, Yahoo--

No words of wisdom to offer here, as I haven't done any T-Tapp boot camps in the past. However, I'm planning to do mini boot camps between rotations. In that case, the minis would last six days. I would alternate instructionals and workouts, resting on Sunday. Doubt if I'll ever do Basic Two, though--it always makes me want to head for the hills, screaming--so I would use More, Basic Plus, Menopause Management, and Super Slow (broken down into two or three segments) for my boot camps.

I've decided that a boot camp approach is probably the best way to work T-Tapp into my fitness regimen. Although T-Tapp is a very effective toner-upper, I'm good for only a week or so before the dread factor sets in. It has taken only a week, though, for my clothes to feel looser, even doing a T-Tapp workout every other day, so we'll see what effect a mini boot camp has.

Good luck with your boot camps!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:08 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Hi, Yahoo--

No words of wisdom to offer here, as I haven't done any T-Tapp boot camps in the past. However, I'm planning to do mini boot camps between rotations. In that case, the minis would last six days. I would alternate instructionals and workouts, resting on Sunday. Doubt if I'll ever do Basic Two, though--it always makes me want to head for the hills, screaming--so I would use More, Basic Plus, Menopause Management, and Super Slow (broken down into two or three segments) for my boot camps.

I've decided that a boot camp approach is probably the best way to work T-Tapp into my fitness regimen. Although T-Tapp is a very effective toner-upper, I'm good for only a week or so before the dread factor sets in. It has taken only a week, though, for my clothes to feel looser, even doing a T-Tapp workout every other day, so we'll see what effect a mini boot camp has.

Good luck with your boot camps!
Thanks. I was thinking about using menopause management. I've heard of super slow but don't have it. I should look into that one.
Old 06-13-13, 06:50 PM  
yahoo205

anyone else?
Old 06-16-13, 10:34 AM  
yahoo205

No one has done a ttapp bootcamp?

Tags
bootcamp, t tapp, teresa tapp, ttapp