Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-13, 10:37 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks, roleez. But no, I have not had any reply from the seller.

Sorry to be so inept, but I can't find he original listing. When I click on the item description, it opens to a notice that I bought the item.

Last edited by monterey vidiot; 03-16-13 at 10:40 PM. Reason: tried to follow advice....
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 10:40 PM  
Eibhinn

I feel for you, having accidentally purchased bootlegged stuff from Amazon marketplace and Ebay before, but my immediate reaction was - "Kali Ray? What a bizarre thing to bootleg!" I mean, how many people even are aware of the existence of Tri-Yoga? If I was going to bootleg something (and I'm not) I would at least pick something there is more than a teeny-tiny market for. But I guess that's how you avoid getting caught - Kali Ray is probably not trolling ebay for bootlegs the way Beachbody is. Guess it's up to you, Cynthia - catch'em - report it to Ebay if you don't get any response.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 07:44 PM  
michl43

Here is the ebay link to report the listing, see the very bottom of this page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 10:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

michl41, that didn't work. I tried; -- message in red: Please enter a valid item number for a listing that has not ended.

My listing has ended of course, since I discovered it was a bootleg after I bought it. Ebay is not making this easy for me to report!
Old 03-17-13, 11:09 PM  
michl43

Here is a link to ebay phone no.
http://gethuman.com/phone-number/eBay/
Old 03-17-13, 11:38 PM  
michl43

Also, Ebay has a buyer protection coverage, so you WILL get a refund. Go to your My Ebay, Purchase Histore, and to the right of that transaction you can chose request a refund or resolve a problem. To report the seller to ebay so they can take action on the bootleg, you'd probably need to call them.
Old 03-18-13, 10:16 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I opened a case, requesting a refund b/c it's a bootleg copy. I refused to send it back to the seller for a refund -- I felt that would be facilitating further fraud. Still haven't heard from the seller, who has a 100.0% rating.
Old 03-18-13, 11:24 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Bold as brass, the seller replied that it was genuine, and I could send it back for a refund. I escalated the case to the resolution center. Wrote that I saw no reason to pay for shipping and tracking #, and I'd send it to Ebay but not the seller. This disc has a purple back and is even marked (near the hole) with "DVD-R" and the TDK trademark.
Old 03-18-13, 11:38 AM  
michl43

You could call ebay at the number in my prior post. I've called them before and didn't have to hold very long at all, and they were very helpful.
Old 03-18-13, 01:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I called the # in michl43's post when I had time to hold on the line. They sure don't make it easy. My only 2 options are to send it back to the seller (no way) or take it to a police station. If the police decide it's not genuine, then I'm to request either an affidavit to destroy or a police report. Then I'm to re-contact eBay's "buyer protection service" and find out how to get the affidavit or report to them.

Why don't they just freakin' hold up flaming hoops for me to jump through.

Off to the police station.

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, ebay