Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-13, 05:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

ebay seller sent me a bootleg DVD copy

What was listed as Kali Ray's Free the Hips DVD is a purple-backed DVD-R that even has the "TDK" mark and DVD-R on the disc. I looked through the frequent complaint section and got no info when I queried bootleg DVD. I sent a message to the seller, you sold me a bootleg copy.

What should I do next?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 05:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I had that happen to me and the seller gave me a refund immediately. I didn't pursue it any further.

I also found out long after the fact that I have two Ravi/Anas that are bootlegs. The seller was no longer on ebay by then. At the time I bought them I was clueless about bootleg copies. I don't buy many on ebay any more, but will buy from our vfer Roleez (aka Beauty & the Beast on ebay) as I know she sells the real thing.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 05:42 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
What was listed as Kali Ray's Free the Hips DVD is a purple-backed DVD-R that even has the "TDK" mark and DVD-R on the disc. I looked through the frequent complaint section and got no info when I queried bootleg DVD. I sent a message to the seller, you sold me a bootleg copy.

What should I do next?
That sucks-if you paid with PayPal get a refund they always go in the buyers favor.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 05:43 PM  
edensmom

Request a refund from the seller. If that doesn't get you anywhere open a dispute. I had to open a dispute with ebay before after winning an item that never arrived and I won.

Good luck.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 05:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I opened a dispute on some bootleg Chalenes and got an eBay refund. You contact the seller. Then they contact the seller. Then you get a refund.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 07:30 PM  
michl43

I would report it to Ebay, they have a fraud section somewhere on their site. If she's not warned by Ebay, she'll keep selling them.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 07:57 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post

What should I do next?
You might even contact the company that made or distributes the original. I'm sure they'd want to shut down illegal copies and sellers.
Old 03-16-13, 08:50 PM  
F1mom

Definitely report it to eBay. They'll issue a refund in about 24 hours.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 09:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Can anyone steer me to where on ebay? What I keep running into is try to work it out with the seller, wait 7 days, blah blah. I can't find anything about reporting a bootleg.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 09:49 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
I don't buy many on ebay any more, but will buy from our vfer Roleez (aka Beauty & the Beast on ebay) as I know she sells the real thing.
Aww, thanks for your support!

Sorry you had a bad experience on Ebay, bootleg sellers make me so mad because they make people leery of purchasing on Ebay, which is bad for us good sellers out there! I would definitely open the Buyer Protection Case in the Resolution Center:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Also, contact the seller and they will probably refund you right away (I have been the buyer of bootleg DVDs myself a couple of times on Ebay and the seller refunded me right away).

As far as reporting the seller (which you should do so Ebay can weed out bootleggers), if you go to the original listing you purchased, there should be a spot on the lower right, below the picture and seller info but above the start of the description where you can report the item. Then it will give you the option of choosing Copyright & Trademark and you can report it as bootleg that way.

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, ebay