Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-12, 10:22 AM  
TLB

Just cases ... or cases + artwork? Many times cases are easily replaced, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc. sells the standard black ones in packages of 5 or 10 (?)

Most art can be easily stored for future trades or sales, because once taken out of the case it's flat. Just stick it inside a folder to keep it from being bent.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 10:29 AM  
LastTango

No original cases or artwork. I generally only keep the cases if I think there is a chance I won't want to keep it permanently.
LastTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 10:34 AM  
PeakFitness

I used to love the Amazon trade in. Did it 4 times with no problems. The 5th time, my DVDs supposedly weren't received. This has happened to other people too. The thing is, Amazon provides their own return address to their return center, and none of the DVDs ever show up at the return center, either.

So, no more Amazon trade in for me.
Old 07-12-12, 10:54 AM  
Poogle

I do Amazon trade-in's a lot, I have noticed that they have switched from USPS to UPS for trade in's, and you get a tracking number, you do have to take it to a ups place, or use a drop, but I would think that would cut down on missing shipments. They still pay postage and give you a label to print ect.
Old 07-12-12, 10:59 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have had good luck selling on both amazon & ebay. But both of them take a significant cut of your profit IMO.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 11:51 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poogle View Post
I do Amazon trade-in's a lot, I have noticed that they have switched from USPS to UPS for trade in's, and you get a tracking number, you do have to take it to a ups place, or use a drop, but I would think that would cut down on missing shipments. They still pay postage and give you a label to print ect.
I trade in with Amazon a lot because it's easier for me (I don't want to get involved in sales problems and sometimes even trading here is difficult if you don't have what people want). BUT I will say that you have to be really careful. There are some completely ruthless traders on there. Remember that it's not Amazon taking your trade; it's some company that's going to (presumably) resell the item. Make sure you check ALL of the trade-in values. Some of them give a really high trade-in on "NEW" value and then something like .05 or .10 for any other condition. NEW means in a wrapper, I think with a store sticker on it. So, obviously those people are working the system. I'm not sure why Amazon allows this and I can't find anywhere to report it.

However, there are still some legitimate trades available; you just have to do your research and search carefully and often.

To the OP, though: no case, no trade. That's why I save all of my cases, even though they're a pain in the neck and take up a lot of room.
Old 07-12-12, 12:19 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poogle View Post
Are you sure they've switched the standard method of shipment? I just checked the Trade-In FAQs and found this:

"If you've added 1 or more video game item(s) to your trade-in order, the U.S. Postal Service will not accept the package through USPS Media Mail. In these cases, UPS will be the only available shipping option...."

It would seem that unless you've added a video game(s) to your package, USPS is the standard method of shipment.
Old 07-12-12, 12:32 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
To trade in on Amazon, you must have original cases and artwork. You also need them to sell on Amazon as well.

Sherry
You definitely need the original cases and artwork for the Amazon trade-in program, but I don't think you need them to sell on Amazon. However, you must make clear in your seller notes that you are selling the DVD only. A sample listing might read: DVD only in slim clear case, no artwork. You might want to add DVD is in XX condition.
Old 07-12-12, 12:33 PM  
Poogle

Hmm, I wonder if it varies by area? I am in the seattle area, and my last trade in with Amazon was 3 dvds and the default choice was UPS, maybe you can pick?

Edit- I just tried a trade in for a DVD valued at 50 cents, and got a choice of UPS/USPS and I think fed ex? I had it come up on the shipping screen- the one right after you add things to your trade in list.
Old 07-15-12, 09:09 PM  
videofit

I used to sell on Amazon but there are so many DVDs for sale for practically nothing that I don't know why those sellers bother. They must be making under a dollar profit. I'd rather give my DVDs to the library.

Tags
amazon marketplace, amazon trade-in program, ebay, selling, selling dvds