Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-12, 06:18 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I find that on ebay if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. For example, I saw a listing for Turbo Fire that included the advanced DVDs. It was listed at $79. That was definitely a fake. The seller was de-listed shortly afterwards.

I bought Insanity on ebay and it was okay. I usually read the comments and try to figure out if the person is selling a real copy or not. Warning signs:
--Too many copies for sale
--Origin of sale is not listed or says Hong Kong or China
--Price way too low to believe

On the other hand, if the person says they tried it and did not like it and they seem to only have one copy for sale, that is probably okay. It is a bit of a crap shoot on ebay.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 06:28 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I just checked the ebay listings on Pump. They appear to be fakes.
Another thing I neglected to mention:
Be wary of listings with incorrect English.
Those are generally Chinese bootlegs.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 06:35 AM  
topfitmama

I've bought from ebay, both from sellers offering many copies and sellers offering dvds from their private collections. If I were to buy a set, I think I'd opt for the used copy from someone with good feedback. Usually they already tell you that it's original and not a bootleg, but if they don't offer that information, ask!

I've had good and bad experiences with power sellers (and power Amazon marketplace sellers), mainly with their packaging. Some think that a padded envelope is not necessary. A private person is more careful, generally.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 08:18 AM  
TinaT

I stopped years ago purchasing anything from Ebay when they would not respond to complaints about bootleg FIRMS. I would file a report every time I found one listed and I NEVER received a reply back .. only the automated response.

Amazon: hmm... up until several months ago, I would have said yes to purchasing sets from them. BUT-- now I would say no .. as I purchased a Chalean Extreme, only to find it to be fake. The seller did refund the money and I mailed it back to him. (dodged a bullet on that one).

As a seller on Amazon, I'm being accused of bootlegging right now. Not sure how it's going to play out, but Amazon CS said the buyer is in the wrong, not me. Due to me not refunding an item that she broke, she is now claiming that I used inferior products to make the dvds and that's why it broke.

Purchasing workouts online at these two places is becoming a hassle whether your the buyer or seller. If the price is too good to be true, then it's probably a fake.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, piracy