Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-12, 06:47 PM  
Deuce

I'm another who would love to see Metabolic BC Strength/Cardio Volume 2. I have never really clicked with Tracey, but these are 2 of my favorite w/o dvd's. The only thing I found strange is the way they do Kettlebell swings.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 07:24 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I just wanted to add that I absolutely love these too! I would buy a sequel. They are the perfect length - I like to combine them with other short workouts to create a fun, diverse longer workout.
Old 04-07-12, 06:18 PM  
CharM

Enablers! Thanks to the recent bump by Breezy, I decided that i had to have it. (I love the trade page) I got it yesterday, did workout 1 without previewing. THIS is the easy one?! When i saw that the warm-up started with burpees,I knew i was in for a butt kicking. Well, i gotta say i was challenged, but not so much that i had to rest,and yes, i was giving my best. I can't say it was fun, but I'm looking forward to doing it at least once a week.

I didn't preview the other workouts, but i took a peek at the other finishers and tabatas, and i think I'll do workout 1 followed by a finisher and tabata from the other workouts. I kinda liked the look of the sprint /burpee one.

Oh and i love all the options on the dvd.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 07:14 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Enablers! Thanks to the recent bump by Breezy, I decided that i had to have it. (I love the trade page) I got it yesterday, did workout 1 without previewing. THIS is the easy one?! When i saw that the warm-up started with burpees,I knew i was in for a butt kicking. Well, i gotta say i was challenged, but not so much that i had to rest,and yes, i was giving my best. I can't say it was fun, but I'm looking forward to doing it at least once a week.

I didn't preview the other workouts, but i took a peek at the other finishers and tabatas, and i think I'll do workout 1 followed by a finisher and tabata from the other workouts. I kinda liked the look of the sprint /burpee one.

Oh and i love all the options on the dvd.
Char, I'm glad you're happy with this. I already have a strength & metabolic workout planned for next week and am considering following Upperwside's lead with a 4-week rotation. Love her post.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 09:18 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
This set is on my top of the list of perfect for me workouts. I did a 4 week rotarion of both disks... i was loving the way i looked and i felt that they were short enough that i was not hungry during the rotaton. A GREAT fat loss rotation! I will have to remember to put them back in the pile of what to do what to do rotations..

A volume 2 would make me very happy....
upperwside, what was your rotation for the month? any other workouts? what were your fat loss results? thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 10:30 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
upperwside, what was your rotation for the month? any other workouts? what were your fat loss results? thanks
I did one workout each day.. so workout 1 from cardio and workout 1 from the strength one and so on.. i took a one day a week rest day. I did not add on any other workouts. I tend to float up and down 5 pounds and this rotation got me very lean.. i was feeling puffy in my belly and i got great abdominals after a month. It was a no dread rotation for me... as they are pretty short..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 12:04 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I did one workout each day.. so workout 1 from cardio and workout 1 from the strength one and so on.. i took a one day a week rest day. I did not add on any other workouts. I tend to float up and down 5 pounds and this rotation got me very lean.. i was feeling puffy in my belly and i got great abdominals after a month. It was a no dread rotation for me... as they are pretty short..
so you did cardio 1, strength 1, cardio 2, strength 2, cardio 3, strength 3 on days 1-6 w/ one day rest?

just wanted to make sure you didn't double up. also, did you do any other cardio or just lots of walking, etc.? thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 07:07 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
so you did cardio 1, strength 1, cardio 2, strength 2, cardio 3, strength 3 on days 1-6 w/ one day rest?

just wanted to make sure you didn't double up. also, did you do any other cardio or just lots of walking, etc.? thanks
Yes... one workout a day... one day off a week. So i did all 6 workouts and took a rest day.. i did not add on anything.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 06:02 PM  
bubbles76

I'm eyeing Metabolic Conditioning, as it looks like something I can do without equipment (or much). Is it different from a lot of what is out there?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 12:08 PM  
bubbles76

Bumping. Anyone?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootcamp, tracey staehle