Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-11, 05:09 PM  
muffins135

I try to sell as bundles as it helps to keep shipping costs down. That said, I would rather give my DVDs to the library or a women's shelter than go through all the rigamarole with selling online then mailing, etc. I have a never used STS set for sale at YaYa's for what I think is a rock bottom price but no bites. That has really made me think about my DVD purchases now and in the future.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 05:13 PM  
mtnmom

I prefer to receive an Amazon Gift card for payment of DVDs. No fees and a balance at Amazon doesn't last long, I'm always finding something there I want!
Old 08-06-11, 05:18 PM  
muffins135

Amazon gift card is a great option. I don't think you can do that here at VF though. Correct me if I'm wrong.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 07:41 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I have actually tried to dispute a non-Ebay purchase with an item purchased using the regular Paypal method & they wouldn't allow me to dispute that either. The only dispute I have won as a buyer on Paypal was when someone sent me a bootleg Bar Method set, and even that was quite a hassle to get refunded on!
Old 08-06-11, 08:27 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I disagree with anyone who thinks that using the Paypal gift option to pay for a purchase is not deceitful. It's a lie to say that you are sending money as a gift when you are actually purchasing something. It's a lie to accept money for something you are selling if the money is sent as a gift.

So, anyone who knowingly lies and says the payment was for a gift should not be entitled to buyer protection.

It amazes me that people feel that it's okay to commit fraud just because they think they might not get caught. If someone doesn't want to pay the fees charged by Paypal, then they shouldn't use it. If someone wants to be able to use Paypal, then they should pay the fees that apply to their transaction.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 08:42 PM  
kali1

Thank you for bringing that to attention FitBoop. I wasn't aware that was wrong to do so.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 08:48 PM  
cheval

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I disagree with anyone who thinks that using the Paypal gift option to pay for a purchase is not deceitful. It's a lie to say that you are sending money as a gift when you are actually purchasing something. It's a lie to accept money for something you are selling if the money is sent as a gift.

So, anyone who knowingly lies and says the payment was for a gift should not be entitled to buyer protection.

It amazes me that people feel that it's okay to commit fraud just because they think they might not get caught. If someone doesn't want to pay the fees charged by Paypal, then they shouldn't use it. If someone wants to be able to use Paypal, then they should pay the fees that apply to their transaction.
Gutsy of you to post this. And I agree whole-heartedly. The gift option is there to gift money and by definition a gift doesn't get anything in return.

April
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 09:44 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post

I agree.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 09:48 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I prefer to receive an Amazon Gift card for payment of DVDs. No fees and a balance at Amazon doesn't last long, I'm always finding something there I want!
This is a great idea. Thanks for posting this
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 10:04 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
bubbles, what would be wrong with listing your items at YaYa's with the price for the DVD plus paypal fees? There is an envelope, shipping and fees that have to be paid for plus the DVD. On a site I go to people list the cost of the item, plus paypal fees plus shipping.
Ex. Astro crops $69 plus fees plus shipping. You can also offer that the buyer use the paypal gift option or EMT (electronic money transfer, used by Canadian banks which has a $1 fee to the money sender).
I find many buyers want items for pretty much nothing
Sorry, I thought it was a yaya thing, but it appears to be a paypal thing:

From Paypal's User Agreement
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

I interpret this to mean that if paypal charges you 3% for using their service (i think that's for credit cards) that you don't transfer those fees to the buyer and charge them 3% in addition to whatever you are charging for S+H.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyer beware, paypal, ya-yas, yayas