Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-11, 02:22 AM  
topfitmama

Gifts and paypal payments

I haven't marked this as OT because it has a lot to do with exchanging DVDs

1. When making a paypal payment, where do you choose the "gift" option? The only options I get when I click on "send money" are "goods-other", "ebay items" and "services".

I always round the amount up to the next dollar to make sure the recepient doesn't end up getting less than they paid for postage, but if there is a "gift" option that won't charge me nor the recipient for making the payment, I'd like to know where to find it!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 07:30 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Go into "send money" There will be two tabs one labeled "Purchases" and the other lebeled "Personal." If you select personal there will be a Gift option.
I think if you do it this way you avoid charges, although there might be a nominal fee to send money.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 07:40 AM  
Orlita

The last time I chose "gift," I used CC and I had the choice of paying the fee myself or charging it to the recipient.

When I paid via a bank withdrawal there was no fee for either of us.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 07:58 AM  
topfitmama

I'm paying with paypal funds. I'm going to go check it out. I'm feeling extremely blind
Old 07-30-11, 08:06 AM  
topfitmama

Ok. I can't find "personal" and "purchases". When I click "send money" there are three options: send money online, pay for ebay items, make a mass payment.
I select "send money online" and then I have three options: goods-other, ebay items, services.

Seriously.... there's either something wrong with my eyes or with my account! Is it possible that some accounts don't have that option?

I just checked DH's account and he gets the "personal" and "purchase" options. I don't. I'm feeling discriminated here....
Old 07-30-11, 08:12 AM  
DachsieDogMom

Where you see Purchase and the 3 options you mentioned, to the right of the word Purchase there is a Personal tab.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 08:42 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DachsieDogMom View Post
Where you see Purchase and the 3 options you mentioned, to the right of the word Purchase there is a Personal tab.
I have looked. It's NOT THERE!!!!
I saw the option on DH's account, but it's not on mine. The box says "this money is for" but doesn't have the tabs "personal" and "purchase".
I wonder why...
Old 07-30-11, 09:28 AM  
DachsieDogMom

Oh, thats weird. I did a little searching and found some random articles that said paypal is no longer allowing personal payments from non-US accounts and the personal tab has disappeared from some accounts. However it doesn't make sense if paypal were to disallow personal payments to only remove it from some accounts. Also the articles I found were questionable IMO but I suspect your issue has to do with you not being in the US.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paypal