Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-09, 05:23 PM  
TinaT

It's not worth it anymore to do anything on line in regards to selling items if you are a small business or personal person just trying to make a few bucks here ane there. Most of the time I just want to break even with my workout dvds, but Paypal cuts into that as well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 05:32 PM  
Flutterby

Yeah, I just noticed this today on my personal account that doesn't accept cc (I have another one that does). I was a tad ticked off since that was the whole reason to have the separate account so I could keep the total amount if someone was paying with an instant transfer or balance. Totally not fair to just change their policies without alerting us loyal users!!!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

"The fact that we are so different is our strength." - Jamie Hyneman
Flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I just checked my PayPal history and don't see any transaction fees. I have a personal account not linked to a credit card. I've bought, sold and transferred money. I tried reading the "Fees" section on the Help page, but it was Greek to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:05 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
I just checked my PayPal history and don't see any transaction fees. I have a personal account not linked to a credit card. I've bought, sold and transferred money. I tried reading the "Fees" section on the Help page, but it was Greek to me.

Alta, have you had any transactions in the last few days? I think this started very recently.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:46 PM  
GotToBeFit

I bought something on yaya with cc, but the seller neglected to post that she did not accept cc. She emailed me that she's not set up to accept cc cause there's a fee. She returned the payment and asked that I use another method.
Old 06-10-09, 04:57 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotToBeFit View Post
I bought something on yaya with cc, but the seller neglected to post that she did not accept cc. She emailed me that she's not set up to accept cc cause there's a fee. She returned the payment and asked that I use another method.
This has always been the case with credit card transactions, which is why I never had my account set up to accept them. This recent fee, as it was described to me, is for ANY transaction. The transactions I was charged a fee for were instant transfers, not credit cards.
Old 06-10-09, 05:56 AM  
cardio.junkie

UGH, this is just pathetic!!!!!!!!!! GRR.. As if they don't make enough money.

I see now that e-bay won't even let you list money order as a way to accept payment after some time this month too. It's going to be all paypal. Frustrating!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 05:58 AM  
Rhonda

I have been having fees taken out for a couple years now. Just on me as a seller. If I bought something, I wasn't charged anything. I don't think it was just CC being charged the fee I believe it was anything I sold as I know everyone did not use a CC to pay me.

I also got a notice this week regarding the changes.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 06:35 AM  
adrien_73

I was never charged fees before, but I always stayed within the $500 monthly limit. Once you go over $500 in payments or $500 in withdrawals for a month, I think you had to pay fees.
Old 06-10-09, 07:00 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby View Post
Yeah, I just noticed this today on my personal account that doesn't accept cc (I have another one that does). I was a tad ticked off since that was the whole reason to have the separate account so I could keep the total amount if someone was paying with an instant transfer or balance. Totally not fair to just change their policies without alerting us loyal users!!!
So... does anybody knows what the difference of fees between personal and permier accounts? I'm closing one of my accounts if they all have fees... I don't need 2 of them. I like paypal cuz it's easy to send/receive money. Also I like buying at places that accepts paypal since I don't have to put my CC # at every website.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paypal