Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-18, 08:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I did roughly an hour of Tracey's Intensity Step Mix 2. Fun! I had forgotten it mostly and it is creative and fun! Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to rediscovering some of her other workouts that I have in my collection.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 07:47 AM  
Rhonda

Sharaz and Bubbles -

How are you working in the bootcamp workouts? I keep thinking about giving them a shot but not sure how to go about rotating them.

Do you do one everyday or put a day of something like walking in between?

Maybe doing this for a December rotation as if I recall each workout is around 30 minutes.

Right now I am doing jessica smith and Tracie Longs Metabolic workouts.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 07:55 AM  
bubbles76

Right now, I'm not doing the Metabolic workouts. I plan on going through all of Tracey's previous strength, core, and cardio workouts for two weeks, and then trying out the rotation in this thread, keeping everything under 45 minutes. I keep my main workouts under 45 minutes so that I can do 10 minutes of stretching and 15 minutes of yoga afterwards.

How are you doing Tracie Long's workouts?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 09:14 AM  
Rhonda

I am doing a jessica rotation in the morning (I think is is her 30 day walk the weight off set) and then a Tracie Long Metabolic when i get home from work. This week I did Tuesday/Thursday and I would like to do her Grand Total Body on Saturday.

The other days I try to get in a short yoga/stretch/pilates.

The 30 minute routines have been working out nicely. After the jessica walk I will usually add in an additional stretch of 10 minutes or so (depends on how much time I have left before I need to get upstairs and get ready for work).
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 09:47 AM  
Sharaz

Hi Ronda I put together the below rotation for your review. I shortened my plan to 6 weeks and jumped way ahead, but the below is more well-rounded and suitable for all fitness levels. This workout plan is for fat loss while preserving muscle.

9-week rotation (3 weeks each level)
12-week rotation (4 weeks each level)

Level 1
MC WO1
Strength WO1
SS Cardio, Flexibility or Rest Day
MCWO1
Strength WO1
Rest Day

Level 2
MC WO2
Strength WO2
MC WO2
Strength WO2
MC WO2
Rest Day

Level 3 Intermediate
MC WO3
Strength WO3
MC WO2
Strength WO2

MC WO3
Strength WO3
Flexibility or Rest Day

Level 3 Advanced
MC WO3
Strength WO3
MC WO3
Strength WO3
MC WO3
Strength WO3
Flexibility or Rest Day

Notes:
75% to 90% HR Max during the intervals (building up effort))
1. If you don’t own a HRM aim for AMRAP for MetCon workouts and Max Weight for 8 -10 reps Strength
2. Don’t go over 10 reps for Strength ADD WEIGHT

Ideally 20-30 minutes of Low Intensity Cardio (65% to 70%) after each WO or Separate Cardio Session. This cardio is “recovery” cardio. Energy should be preserved for the TB Bootcamp workouts.

Feel Free to substitutes exercise as long you work same body part

I personally use the rope during MetCon workouts Tabatas because I’m working on getting my skills back.
Old 11-09-18, 10:03 AM  
bubbles76

Share and Rhonda, thanks for the ideas
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 10:24 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Share and Rhonda, thanks for the ideas

You're welcome!! Keep us posted.

Last week, I incorporated WO3s on my rotation. These are really tough because the work time increase and the rest time decrease I like all the workouts very much
Old 11-09-18, 07:13 PM  
Sharaz

I noticed that I missed Strengh WO1 on the Level 1 section and just made the correction. Starting with 4 workouts a week. Depending on fitness level taking 3 days off and building up to another cardio or 2 cardios, etc. Added this to the rotations section.

Forgot to add that these workouts turn me into a Human-Sauna. The Metabolic effect is real The workouts set-up are similar to CrossFit non-barbell WODs.

Tags
bootcamp, tracey staehle, tracey staehle rotations