Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-12, 12:44 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
What is everyone using for gliders?
I'm using the Cathe ones. She uses pieces of felt, but it's on that really slick aerobic wood floor.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 12:47 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Oh, it's when she says to get out the gliders. By the end of it, I didn't even want to look at my gliders. Then, at the very end she does the suicide push ups with our feet on the step and then she alternates them by doing about 15 on one side and then 15 on the other side and then she finishes up with the walking planks around the step. Those weren't too bad, but after doing the walking planks on one leg with a glider on it, then the walking planks on gliders holding one arm up and suicide push ups, my arms were fried. I love her cool downs, too. Sometimes, I laugh when we are still in the warm up and my arms need a break already. LOL

Cheryl
I know. My only glider experience is with Cathe in STS and they are such nice lunges and jumping jacks. Only about 30 reps total. A good burn, but nothing too much. And then Sandra just turns them into devices of torture . Just reading through your rehash of the workout made me groan.

And I meant to put it in my review, but i agree, I love her cool down (and I don't usually follow instructor cool downs). Oh, and I had to take a break during the warm up. I conveniently forgot about that until you mentioned it above.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 02:15 PM  
rickets
VF Supporter

I'm using Cathe's gliders with the felt covers - I use them on a 4'x8' sheet of Masonite. I couldn't get the gliders to work on my puzzle mats, the rough plywood in my workout area, or the carpet segment I bought specifically for that purpose. The Masonite works great, though.
rickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 03:00 PM  
MARIKA

On carpet frisbees from the dollar store are awesome. These are the best workouts I have discovered in a long time. They are just so different from anything else and they are tough but doable. I;m doing them 3 times per week alternating w/ UY.
Old 06-17-12, 04:45 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Oh, and I had to take a break during the warm up. I conveniently forgot about that until you mentioned it above.
I know that you are super advanced and you had to take a break during the warm up? Oh boy, now I am even more scared of this workout!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 06:19 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I know that you are super advanced and you had to take a break during the warm up? Oh boy, now I am even more scared of this workout!
It's not taking a break during the warm up. What it is, is that Sandra does a variety of planks in the warm up, such as walking with your hands over the step and back for quite a long time. Meaning hands on the step and then hands on floor in front of step, back to hands on the step, then to the floor in front of the step. At some point she will also do a few push ups with knees out to the side and then do maybe some suicide push ups. We are able to finish that, but it's the warm up. To finish the warm up, Sandra stands up and we are able to raise our arms over our heads from side to side and by that point, my arms are very happy to be getting a break. What's strange to get used to at first, is that is a warm up.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootcamp, horizontal conditioning