Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-12, 03:39 PM  
msu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm eyeing Metabolic Conditioning, as it looks like something I can do without equipment (or much). Is it different from a lot of what is out there?
I don't have all the metabolic conditioning type workouts that are available on the market, but I do have several of them. I do think this is different enough from my other metabolic sort of workouts. It is a heck of a lot for the money, if you click with them. Both DVDs have three separate workouts on them and they are 30-40 minutes a piece. The only thing I would change is that I wish there were unique warm-ups and cool-downs for each workout, instead of the same ones each time. But, that is me being greedy, because there is so much material on each disc, including being able to turn off the motivational talk if that bothers you. (I thought when I initially previewed them that it would bother me, but I'm glad I did them the first time with the motivational talk, because it really helped me push through when I got worn out. I've always done it that way since, but the extra talk may not be for everyone.) They are very good about showing modifications for the moves and also, how to modify if you don't have all of the equipment. I don't have the sandbag or the TRX and I feel like I get plenty worked out. It is just one of those great time-saving kind of workouts that kicks my butt. There are some burpees and mountain climbers, but they don't dominate the workouts, and I don't get bored with them like I do with some of the others that are that style of workout. The Metabolic Bootcamp DVDs don't require tons of room and some don't require any equipment or just a resistance band, so they travel well. They aren't Cathe level production quality, if that bothers you, but they aren't grainy either. I just hope there are more of these put out in the very near future. That's probably more info than you wanted, but I HTH.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 05:22 PM  
bubbles76

Msu thanks, that helps a lot! I've ordered using my giftcard
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootcamp, tracey staehle