Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-22, 07:52 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Wednesday I did CH: Bring the Heat and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday I worked from home, answering what felt like 100 emails (I just counted and I sent 30 emails yesterday, which is still a lot) and had 2 meetings via Zoom. I did CHE: Rope & Ride throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals and then CH: Cardio Round Up at night and made it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

SB - Interesting to hear about PT. Wow, so they want you to already be back engaged in driving and walking? Well, at least you have the go-ahead to be very active again. I'm sure you'll still be careful.

TGIF! Hope you both have a good day!
Old 09-09-22, 11:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I did drive to PT yesterday. It's literally around the corner so I figured it was a good place to start. LOL. It's on my walking route and I used to pass it all the time.
I'm hoping to actually walk there soon.
My friend is visiting this weekend from upstate NY. She's staying at her MIL's but she'll be visiting me later and we're going to another friend's BBQ tomorrow afternoon.
I am so looking forward to normal activities but I'll proceed cautiously of course.

CAMBET, good work with the step totals.
Yes I agree that is a lot of emails
I was quite taken aback when he said I could drive and walk around the neighborhood but I guess that is their job to challenge you. I was so scared to do anything so I needed that push I guess.
I will of course continue to be careful.
I was going to visit my sister who had a nasty fall a couple of weeks ago but she lives on the second floor of a condo with no elevator and it's a very steep set of stairs so I had to pass on that visit for now.

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful weekend!~
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 08:44 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Friday was a very active day, so with my steps from work and the 20 min walk that I took around the yard in the evening, I made it to over 10,500 steps for the day without getting in an additional workout.

Saturday I did CH: Giddy Up during the day and some of Wild Goose Chase at night and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did CH: Country Swing in the morning and finally actually started Body Revolution (Week 1, Workout 1). I still find Jillian to be annoying, so I tried to ignore her as much as possible and focus on what I was doing. Her rep count is so uneven; she'll start talking (and not exercising - insert eyeroll) and lose track of the count, so sometimes she does 12 reps, sometimes 16, and sometimes, 18 or more. So I focused on the moves and my own rep count of mostly 16. The workouts are supposed to be 30 mins, which sounds very doable. The first workout took me 37 mins. Sometimes she switches gears with little notice, so I had to rewind a lot. I'm hoping the other workouts stick closer to the 30 min mark. I also cleaned the floors in the front rooms of the house (sweeping, swiffering, mopping, and vacuuming) and finished the day with over 14,000 steps.

Well, some good news to report. When I did my weigh-in yesterday I found that I had lost the 4 lbs that I gained last week from excessive stress-eating, so that was good!

SB - Now that you mention it, I've heard of people recovering from injuries and doing PT being encouraged to get back to being as active as they can as quickly as they can, so I guess that makes sense. I hope that you had a good time with your visiting friend and at the bbq. It must feel great to get back to the normalcy of getting out of the house and hanging out with friends. I hope that your sister will be ok, and it's totally understandable that you would pass on a visit that includes going up steep stairs. Have a great day!

Hi, Nora!
Old 09-12-22, 11:59 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Sorry to be so lax about checking in here. I think of it...then I don't. So here's my round-up of what I can remember:

thursday: Yoga class
friday: 5k walk
Saturday: 26k on my bike
Sunday: a woods walk - about half an hour. So much for cooler weather. It was too hot to do my usual 5k and needed the deep forest shade to do anything!
Today:Qi Gong class across the lake, and I'm going to get my 5k walk in too.

SB- It sounds like you'll be moving around more and more. I'm glad that your PT is giving you a little nudge!

Cambet- I too find Jillian annoying!
Old 09-13-22, 07:40 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did CH: Down & Dirty throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals, and then last night I did BR: Week 1, Workout 2. Same uneven rep count. Same focusing on the moves and my own rep count while trying to ignore mostly annoying Jillian. This one took me a little over 40 mins (I did have to rewind a few times), so I just have to keep in mind that they are not actually 30 min workouts. It was, at least, very manageable to do, though. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

Nora - Great job with your workouts! Walking in the woods/a deep forest and exercising across a lake sound lovely. I think that we are pretty flexible when it comes to checking in. Sometimes I end up skipping a day or two. I think of us as a no-judgement zone.

SB - Waves! Hope you had a good day.
Old 09-13-22, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Well PT is back in person today, it's Tuesdays and Thursdays in person.
I was pretty good about doing my exercises and stretches at home on the off days.
I missed one day. I had a busy weekend with activities. In addition to the lunch with friends and bbq, I had a bridal shower on Sunday and another outing with friends yesterday. I feel like a normal person again, almost. LOL. I have a dentist appt this afternoon after PT. Time to catch up on my missed medical appts this fall.

CAMBET, great job with reaching your step goals each day! And good job getting back to BR. Yes Jillian is annoying. You're very disciplined in doing your own rep counts and pace. Good for you. My sister is pretty bruised and sore but nothing broken thankfully. She's coming along thanks for asking. Yes we do go with the flow here as far as checking in. I do miss people when they're gone for long periods but I understand life gets in the way for all of us.
PP has been gone quite awhile now.
Hope she's well.

NORA, great workout line up for you.
You're keeping very active.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 09-15-22, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Tuesday:

PT - in person session (approx 90 minutes)

Wednesday:

PT - at home exercises & stretches (approx 20 minutes)
60 kettlebell swings

Another in person PT session today.
A lot of the in person session is sitting and resting between exercises so it's not as intense as it sounds. LOL. I may walk there today since it's so gorgeous out but I'm not sure yet. I walk pretty slowly still and I'm still a little off balance.

CAMBET, sorry I missed about the 4 lbs down! Great job!

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-16-22, 07:45 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Tuesday I had an evening work event and didn't get home until 7:30, so a formal workout just wasn't happening. Due to the fact that I left my keys at the event, which was across campus from my office, so I had to walk back and forth over there twice, I made it to over 10,700 steps for the day.

Wednesday I had BR Cardio 1 on deck, but I just felt so much dread about doing what I thought was going to be a tough cardio workout. So I kept putting it off and putting it off and I ended up falling asleep with 9,694 steps for the day. I was disappointed that I didn't make it to my usual 10,000 steps (so close and yet so far!), so I decided that if I'm that close in the future, I'm going to go ahead and get in the steps, even if it's not a formal workout, and then I can take care of the workout later (or not).

Yesterday I thought, ok, I have to be able to post about *something* so I need to work out! It was one of those times when the idea of being able to check in really was the motivator to get it done. So, I did BR: Cardio 1, which really wasn't that bad. I probably won't do it again, since it was a series of 1-min cardio drills -- you do 5-6 exercise and then repeat the series 3 times -- and kind of boring, though Jillian tries to liven it up with joking banter with the background exercisers. I'll probably do a Jessica or Body Combat 30 min cardio w/o in the future. I also did Week 1, Workout 1 again, so I caught myself up in the rotation. It didn't take quite as long since I didn't have to rewind as much (since I'm more familiar with the workout now). Made it to over 12,100 steps for the day.

SB - Wow, your PT is coming right along! I was thinking that a 90 min session sounds like quite a lot , but then I saw where you said there is a lot of sitting and resting between exercises. Sounds like you're doing a great job with it, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that you have gotten back into doing kb swings! Very awesome! Also glad to see that you've been able to get back into social activities, have fun with friends, and catch up on appointments (like a normal person ). Yay! Glad to hear that your sister is doing better and on the mend. I wonder about PP and Julie sometimes also. I hope that they are doing well.

Hi Nora!
Old 09-16-22, 10:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

PT - in person session (approx 90 minutes)

Well I graduated PT already! LOL.
The therapist said I had most of my mobility back in my ankle and I was where he wanted me to be. He did say I could continue to go and use the facilities if I wanted to. But I'm used to exercising alone at home so I opted to just continue my PT at home and add on my walks and other workouts when I feel ready. I do still walk slowly and there is still stiffness and swelling to some degree so I'm still proceeding with caution.

CAMBET, you're doing great reaching your step totals every day. To me 9,694 counts for 10K but I understand how you feel.
You set the goal and you want to reach it.
It's great that you caught up with the BR rotation too. Well done. The kb swings are easy enough to fit in without taxing the ankle. I'm hoping to get back to MR soon too. I'm actually meeting my sister for coffee today. It's been awhile

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!~
Old 09-18-22, 09:08 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Friday was an overwhelmingly busy day. I started working from home at 6:30 am, prepared my 10:30 class, taught my 10:30 class, prepared my 1:00 class (and finished a minor report that was due at 2:00), taught my 1:00 class, and then had meetings at 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 (with the provost and a colleague), and 4:00. At 4:00 I realized that I have forgotten to eat lunch , so I did during the 4:00 meeting (it was informal). By the time I got home, I was TOTALLY spent and ended up vegging on the coach. I mention all of this just to vent and also to point out that working out just wasn't happening on Friday (I did make it to 7,600 steps, but I couldn't get myself up to do a 25 min w/o before midnight to make it to 10,000 and I was ok with that).

I made up for it yesterday. I did CHE: Wild Horse during the day to help with my hourly step goals, then later I did Combat 30 Kick Start and repeated BR: Wk 1, Wk 2. I made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

SB - Wow, you've already graduated from PT? That's awesome! I'm so glad for you that it seems your healing has come along very nicely. What time frame are you thinking about for getting back to your walks and MR? No pressure, just asking out of curiosity. I know that you don't want to overdo it, but it seems like you're in a very good place to move forward. I hope that you and your sister had a good coffee meeting! Wishing you a good day!

Hi Nora!