Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-07-22, 07:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Exercise ADD has struck.

I saw that Amy from Be Healthy Enough has an upcoming 2 week challenge and for $1 you can join and get access to the challenge and her site for the month of September. I figured, for $1, it was low risk. So, today I did, from her September workout calendar:

30 Min Tabata Cardio 1 - this wasn't as scary as it sounds - she did 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest - there were 3 circuits of exercises (maybe 8 exercises in each circuit) and the circuits were done 2X - there was a mixed impact circuit, a "challenge" circuit and a kickboxing circuit. It wasn't easy but it wasn't terrible either.

Jessica Valent - hip and hamstring release

I'm not sure how long I'll stick w/ Amy - I'm just trying to get back in the groove. I do like her philosophy of being "healthy enough" - it seems very realistic and sustainable - no extremes of diet/exercise, but enough to remain healthy.

https://getmoving.behealthyenough.co...743.1661729893

Dana - that looks like an interesting channel, thanks for sharing. We have Comcast too - we don't use their equipment though we have our own router, etc. They have a monopoly here so unfortunately no choice....I hate their pricing -it is not clear at all.

Nice job, Carol!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 06:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Upper Body Beginner Weights Part One - 20 minutes

Just like it was described - basic upper body weight work. Depending on your weights, it could be easy or tough. I was right in the middle.

Donna - I like Amy's approach as well. It seems sensible - I did her streaming for a while until I got exercise ADHD.

Dana - I don't envy you having to deal with your ISP. It's never easy. Have you tried turning down the resolution on Lisa's streaming (or it is set to automatically adjust depending on your internet speed)?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 07:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Dana - I don't envy you having to deal with your ISP. It's never easy. Have you tried turning down the resolution on Lisa's streaming (or it is set to automatically adjust depending on your internet speed)?

Carol
Hi Carol, yes I have tried it. It's usually my first go-to, but nothing had worked for me this morning. I know someone professionally that can help me set up good home network, and I'm thinking of speaking to him about it. It's what he does for a living (business and home). I don't know how much he'll charge me, but I know what he charges the owner of the company I work for, so that gives me an idea of what to expect. My home has 4 floors and it's not easy to get it all connected especially if you're not a network wizard. I'm fairly computer savvy but I know my limitations and my dh is even more limited in this area than I am. I think I'm going to give this guy a call and get this going.
Old 09-08-22, 05:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi Carol, yes I have tried it. It's usually my first go-to, but nothing had worked for me this morning. I know someone professionally that can help me set up good home network, and I'm thinking of speaking to him about it. It's what he does for a living (business and home). I don't know how much he'll charge me, but I know what he charges the owner of the company I work for, so that gives me an idea of what to expect. My home has 4 floors and it's not easy to get it all connected especially if you're not a network wizard. I'm fairly computer savvy but I know my limitations and my dh is even more limited in this area than I am. I think I'm going to give this guy a call and get this going.
That would be a challenging setup! Sounds like it's time to get some professional help and this guy would be better than trying to get Comcast to help.

Of all the platforms I have streamed, I had the most trouble with Lisa's site. I always thought it was my slow internet, but could never eliminate all the problems I was having.

Carol
Old 09-08-22, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling run down this morning - I'm guessing a large part of it is lack of sleep in dealing w/ my elderly Lab - but I'm having one of those days where I feel hung over but I haven't been drinking. Ugh.

Nonetheless, this morning I did:

Be Healthy Enough - Functional Movement Workout - this was a weight/body weight session - balance challenges were included. It reminded me somewhat of Jessica's Strong & Centered workouts - included many of the same exercises in fact!

Last night I did an Essentrics Live from 8/31 w/ Gail. Tonight I'll probably add on another Essentrics or Pilates.

It has been rainy here and humid - maybe it is allergies running me down (mold).

Dana - it sounds like a good idea to get some professional help - less frustrating in the long run!

Carol - I know, the exercise ADD! I like Amy's site, but not sure I would pay her going rate for it - I think it is $30/month. Her workouts are good but not "polished" if that makes sense - it doesn't bother me b/c it makes it more "real" but .... The prices on some of these sites has just gotten to be too much!!

Anyway hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 09-09-22, 05:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

Yesterday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Leg Workout & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

I went off Jessica's calendar because I had a Finance Committee until 5:30 and a new class orientation that was at 6 - so exercising came later in the evening and I wasn't up to the Hiit workout scheduled by that time. I will try to catch it tonight. DS walked with me and we took the dogs. They were crazy.

CT scan was yesterday - that was the fastest $2,700 I ever spent. I don't think they found much - the results had been read and were posted within 2 hours. A little bit of scarring but not much else. I still think it was Covid and I am better.

Donna - I know what you mean about Amy's site. I mean, she charges basically the same as Trifecta Pilates or JVP and her stuff is not nearly as polished. Maybe if she charged half that I would think it was worth routinely subscribing, but not $30 a month.

Carol
Old 09-09-22, 06:53 AM  
donnamp

I agree, Carol - about Amy's site, price, etc. Some You Tube workouts are actually more polished! If she charged less, I probably would subscribe for a month or two here and there - but $30 is too much unless that was all I was going to do and my exercise ADD just doesn't allow for that! LOL!

Donna
Old 09-09-22, 10:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've spent the entire morning trying to stream ANYTHING, but was unsuccessful. As the last resort and before I contact the computer guy, I've decided to try a different wifi extender that we purchased last year but never connected because we got new router from Xfinity at the same time, and everything worked just fine without it. I just set up the new extender and so far so good. I can stream again! I don't know for how long, but I'll take it for now.

I still hope to get a workout in later. If it happens, I'll check back later.

Waves to all!
Old 09-09-22, 01:56 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night, after work I did Ellen's new Core Walk. I actually liked it - her walking workouts are hit or miss for me - but I enjoyed the music in this one and it just felt like a nice little workout. Good for some extra activity.

And, of course, as is often the case, one Ellen leads to another and today I did her Yogini Workout. I can still do it - but I can tell a different in my mobility. I really need to work more on hip mobility. I'm sure the constant sitting isn't my friend.

Dana - glad you got your streaming ability back. We have Comcast but we don't use any of their equipment - I'm willing to bet they do something to their equipment to make sure it fails after a certain time!

Carol - Glad the CT was pretty much ok. It did sound like you had COVID and just didn't test positive. That happened to my friend - her DH tested positive but she didn't even though they had the same symptoms and they were sick at the same time.

I guess it is time for those new boosters.....my big thing w/ it is knowing I'm going to be sick for a day or two afterwards...and how to schedule that into my life.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Donna
Old 09-09-22, 06:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Non-Impact HIIT Fundamentals - 25 minutes

I did this workout a couple of weeks ago - I do find it challenging even though it's a basic or beginner workout. That move getting up and going down to the floor without using your hands is so hard for me, and of course I can't move nearly as fast as Jessica does. Oh well, at least I'm doing it (sort of)!

Dana - Glad your streaming is fixed - fingers crossed that the fix holds!

Donna - Agreed with everything you said about Amy's site. I am enjoying Jessica's calendar for now. That's probably the kiss of death and exercise ADD will strike. And yes, sitting is definitely not your friend.

Carol