Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-22, 05:41 PM  
Helen

Every Day in SEPTEMBER - all welcome, as always :)

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
Images this month are (obviously) about the change of season - small pics to represent small steps, but ever onwards towards our goals!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU
(but don't kid yourself about it either)

Woo whoo!!! REALLY a change of season now! Let's finish with a BANG!!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Starting off September. I'm so excited for fall! Very ready to be done with 80s for temps. Bring on the pumpkin chai, jeans and flannel shirts, and fewer ponytail days!

One of my goals this month is to do yoga after our morning walks on weekdays. Today I did Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr S7E5. Planning to do my "regular" workouts too but at least I have one thing done!

I took some time to actually think about my goals and habits more and reflected on what has and hasn't been working. I am hopeful that what I set for this month will at least be better than it has been.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 11:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I finally worked out. Did the yoga in the morning and then in the afternoon I did Sharona's Hill -THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW DANCE WORKOUT! || Happy Halloween!! || Dance the calories away! on YT for the first time. So fun! Since it was a super hot day I didn't do all my usual warmup stuff before running bc I knew then I wouldn't go so I just did Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners and then headed put in real feel 88 and very little breeze to complete 32 minutes from 2.49 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day2. Probably not my brightest idea bc I was dizzy when I got back so I just sat under the fan and drank a whole Gatorade (usually drink half). I was fine but did end up with a headache early this morning which led me to sleep in till almost nine. Oops. No afternoon dog walk after that bc I was too hot and knew Cyric woldn't enjoy it either so for the day 32 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.17 mi).

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-02-22, 10:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Haven't worked out today. May try for a quick yoga practice before bed. Only one dog walk bc of the heat.

I've spray painted four little Dollar Tree dollhouses black. I can't wait to turn them into haunted houses! I've watched so many DIYs on YouTube and hope mine turn out as good. Even though I was excited I just couldn't get started on anything and I realized it was bc I was afraid I would screw things up. I'm a perfectionist so that's hard to overcome. Then I reminded myself almost everything came from Dollar Tree so not a big deal if I do mess up!

Old 09-02-22, 11:25 PM  
Helen

Spent the 1st & 2nd just walking - as DH was ready to do long walks for the first time. He's done short stints to get groceries etc, but nothing close to an hour.
3rd today (Saturday).

VANNIE
Looking forward to the change of season is a great feeling, when the signs of change start appearing. We've had signs of spring lately, but today is back to bleak - icy wind & drizzly rain. Alice has had her summer clip, so NEEDS the jumper I made for her.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-02-22, 11:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, I'm glad your DH is improving. Has it been hard for him not going to the farm for so long? It still is so weird to me that your weather is opposite of ours.

Old 09-03-22, 03:02 AM  
Helen

Oh, it's been REALLY hard for him not to be going to the farm! He's a shopper at the best of times, but he's totally turned to a combination of retail therapy and junk-food to make himself feel better - because he can't do much else.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-03-22, 03:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm sidelined today. Woke up dizzy and still am. I was awake a couple hours then took a 2-hour nap. Trying to hydrate but it's not easy to drink lying down!

Helen, I get where your hubby is coming from. When I injured myself in 2009 it was hard to feel positive when I couldn't do regular workouts. Hope he's back to normal soon.

Old 09-03-22, 06:30 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thanks for the lovely start to the month! Glad that hubby is doing a little better. It's not easy, especially when you are used to being active.
Vantreesta - I was shopping at Marshall's the other day and saw all of their awesome Halloween decorations and thought of you. I decorate for Halloween, inside and outside, but nothing like what you must do! My problem is becoming storage for anything else that I buy, so that keeps me in check.

9/1 - GHU's Walk, Sweat, Sculpt Upper Body
10 Min Yoga, Hip Focus w/ Aditi Shah (Peloton)
9/2 - dog walk
30 Min. Walk & Run
10 Min. Post Run Stretch, John Mayer
9/3 - dog walk
I started 2 different Cathe workouts, but I just couldn't get into them, so...
Jessica Smith's Shred & Tred

Not the most ambitious start to the month, but consistent. I should try adding more yoga/stretching to my daily routine. My body could really use it.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 07:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Lili, you're starting off better than I! Thursday was good but not since. I maybe have 1000 steps today. I love knowing you decorate inside and out too! I've outgrown my storage closet and spilled into the utility room shelf that was previously all fitness stuff.