Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-21, 06:43 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I think you made some valid points. I wonder what his real "before" picture looks like and why they would use this old picture for the contrast to the way he looks today.

Donna
For drama. People get weak but not that drastically. That’s for attention.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
Old 08-24-21, 06:46 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I think it's sad, however I will jump in to say that I knew this man in the past. Not only personally but also professionally. That "before" picture of him was him in his 30's. He's now in his mid to late 50's. That's not what has happened to him since he got covid. He had some injuries since the "before" picture was taken that has affected his physique, and some other things he did in his younger days that he admits to, which could have affected his health to begin with.

I do think covid can have some bad affects, however I want to make sure the air is cleared that this did not strike down a man that looked like that, into the man he is now. That picture is a promo picture from his EAS/Body for Life days.

I do wish him well on his healing journey. I am not trying to diminish where he is now, but I was shocked that they were holding up that picture as the "before" as if that's what he looked like in May.

Please don't shout me down. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that you can't compare a picture of someone 20 years ago to what they look like now, covid or not.
Ditto. I agree. He was having something going on before he got struck with this illness

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-24-21, 07:10 PM  
Leonana

Someone in the Twitter thread posted an updated before pic. It’s still a drastic difference. Although I imagine it would be for anyone after being in the hospital for two months.
Old 08-24-21, 07:13 PM  
mamaste

He has some recent social media posts where he still looks pretty fit. I just feel bad that someone within our VF radar got COVID and fighting for his life took away something that is pretty important to us: our fitness levels. ☹️
Old 08-24-21, 07:18 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
He has some recent social media posts where he still looks pretty fit. I just feel bad that someone within our VF radar got COVID and fighting for his life took away something that is pretty important to us: our fitness levels. ☹️
Ilara had BC.
Don’t matter how fit you are. A virus can seep into anyone. No one is above getting anything.

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-24-21, 09:44 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Ilara had BC.
Don’t matter how fit you are. A virus can seep into anyone. No one is above getting anything.
It’s so scary. It reminds me of how Anna Benson lived such a healthy lifestyle, but she developed a cancer that took her life. We are all so fragile. It puts things into perspective.
Old 08-25-21, 06:20 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Best wishes to him and his family.

It does seem as though the virus ravishes some people, and other people get sick and recover at home. You just don't know how it will affect you as an individual.
Old 08-25-21, 06:40 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
It’s so scary. It reminds me of how Anna Benson lived such a healthy lifestyle, but she developed a cancer that took her life. We are all so fragile. It puts things into perspective.
I not sure what that means "it puts things into perspective" please explain.

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-25-21, 11:08 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Someone in the Twitter thread posted an updated before pic. It’s still a drastic difference. Although I imagine it would be for anyone after being in the hospital for two months.
Yes, there were fairly recent pics of him lookking pretty fit at 50. There was also a nurse who was into lifting and lost quite a bit of weight after being sick with covid. The nurse lost a lot of muscle mass and around 30 pounds. I have been sick with bad viruses or stimach flus in the past and lost 10 pounds in under a week.
Old 08-25-21, 11:20 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I not sure what that means "it puts things into perspective" please explain.
I think what she meant - and correct me if I'm wrong - that we take so many things for granted and when we get ill, we realize just what's really important in life.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19