Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-22, 01:59 PM  
ChelePA

Quick check in…
Megan Thee Stallion ride. I was having so much fun I decided to add on a second cycling class. Caught a live class with two really fun instructors. Bad Bunny. No clue who that was before this workout but it was a dance party on the bike. Class was definitely feeling the vibe.

Happy Saturday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 10:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones!

cataddict, I hope the storm is done and didn't do much damage in your area. That's a lot of rain!!!

kittybug, funny that you mentioned cramps.... I didn't have problems with cramping while working out, but have been getting really bad calf and/or foot cramps in bed. I'm sure my electrolytes were screwed up a bit. I think it's all settling in by now though. I feel pretty much 100% again.

I told you I was going to do the Touch Up workout that Chele mentioned. Well, that was my intention.... I got more than halfway through the workout and realized I must have picked the wrong one. Instead of a total body, I got "Touch Up: Lower Body". Just means I can do an upper body tomorrow.

This morning on my way to toastmasters I saw two fox (foxes?) on our road -- a little close to our house for comfort, given that we let the chickens free range every afternoon. But they were so darn cute! Got a picture of one of them. And then the fog was beautiful. Getting to be a bit fall like and I love it! We will probably have some more summer, but I'll take this while we've got it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 10-02-22, 09:42 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… hope you’re feeling better after your dental work. Before my husband and I got together, he avoided the dentist due to a bad experience. He needed so much work once he started going again. I’m really enjoying the reviews and recommendations. Like I told Cataddict, I just wish I had more time to try all these great workouts

Cataddict…hoping the storm wasn’t too intense. And no flooding in your area.

Bee… glad to hear you are feeling better. Cathe has a few touch up workouts. Sometimes I find it hard to keep track of things. Unlike you ladies, I just pick and choose randomly. No notes here. Just a check mark that it was completed. Jealous you have chickens. Love fresh eggs. Definitely will have to be on the lookout for the foxes in your area.

Kate… I still find it incredible that you lift heavier than Cathe on many/most occasions. STS 2.0 is perfect for you.

Kittybug…Live 150 sounds really good. I like to mix things up. Did it have lots of high impact moves? I’m usually good at modifying if needed. I might schedule this one for my full body day.

This morning I did a peloton 20 minute treadmill walk. Followed by a yoga focused flow class, floor poses only. It was a really nice full body stretch. Finished with Cathe Live 307-All Core on the Floor. I wasn’t sure what to expect since this is one of the classes she did solo. Sometimes her ab workouts can be quite intense. This one was definitely intermediate. All mat work and around 30 minutes.

Waving to the rest of the ladies.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 10-02-22, 03:33 PM  
ChelePA

Bee…usually I need potassium or magnesium when I’m cramping. Hate when it happens in the middle of the night.
Old 10-02-22, 03:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

Chele, yes -- magnesium! I normally do take it at night -- it really helps me relax into sleep, but I'd stopped taking it while I was sick thinking that it probably wasn't helping with my symptoms. My cramps were probably a combo of me not being quite right, but also abruptly stopping the magnesium. Think I should begin again tonight because the last couple of nights it's been hard to get to sleep.

Oh, and yes, the fresh eggs are so yummy. It's hard to eat restaurant eggs these days. I thought hubby was crazy years ago when he wanted to have chickens, but I love having them. They're not quite pets, but I love to go see them in the afternoons -- they run up to me like I'm their best friend.

This morning I did the Touch Up Upper Body. I wasn't sure I would because I saw it was a lot of on the ball stuff. I am sometimes not a fan of being on the ball but I decided to go ahead and try it. There were a few things I did without the ball. Good workout. I am a little pleasantly sore in the lower body today from yesterday's "touch up".
Old 10-02-22, 03:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, and I meant to mention.... no surprise here, but in the Touch Up Lower, Cathe is wearing the cutest pair of joggers -- they are just plain black but fit her so nicely. When I wear joggers I always feel like there's a bit too much bagginess going on. Maybe she is just enough taller than I am to make them work.
Old 10-02-22, 09:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Workouts: 10/1: Yard Max followed by Cathe's HiiT 40/20 with no step. Funny how much easier 40/20 is without the step.

10/2: Cathe's Cardio Kicks. This is an oldie but goodie. Brenda was in it along with Rhonda and Hope! Hope was my hero ever since she started modifying towards the end of Imax The Original. And no, I don't think it was planned that way! In other notes, it looked more natural in terms of smiling occasionally but not constantly and no obvious body enhancements, although the guys sure had some muscles!

We didn't get any damage from the storm, but there were many, many branches in the yard so we spent the better part of the day. Some neighbors lost trees and one had a tree fall on their house. It dried out a little today but now it's raining again, and tomorrow is supposed to rain all day. Our neighborhood floods in spots but our street hasn't since we've lived here so we are keeping our fingers crossed. The neighboring cities are in a local state of flood emergency due to the higher than normal tides expected. All in all, we are grateful.

bee, we get fresh eggs from a local farm. There really isn't a comparison to "regular" eggs, is there? Are you planning on going back to the heavy weight rotation now that you are feeling better?

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 08:49 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… glad the storm wasn’t too crazy and only outside clean up. I haven’t watched much news lately but saw an update this morning. So heartbroken for Florida!

Bee… Love so many of Cathe’s outfits! I know I would not look nearly as good wearing them. Ha ha.

Lower body strength and core were on the calendar for today. Started with a Peloton 10 minute yoga flow focusing on core. Then I did Cathe Live 386 –Wicked Lower Body and Core. The title caught my attention as we approach Halloween. There is a partner upper body one I will do tomorrow. She had it broken down into four different rounds I believe. Only repeated the first group of exercises. Challenged the core using dumbbells, gliding discs, and plank variations. Lots of unilateral work in this one. My injured leg was struggling/trembling on many of the moves especially when using the gliders. I need these type of challenges to improve in strength and balance. I don’t realize how much I compensate with my good leg until I try these type of routines. Finished with another 10 minute Peloton yoga flow class focusing on forward fold.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Old 10-03-22, 06:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Today was STS Total Body (no abs) plus Kat Gates 30 minute step (step-less).

Rain and wind all day!

Waves to everyone!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 08:11 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans,

Last night I did Cathe’s Rhythmic Step since all this talk about the new STS has been happening. I believe this was the first Cathe workout I ever purchased.

Tonight I was struggling to find something I wanted to do so I looked through my really old workouts and found Kathy Smith Kickboxing. This one was moderate work and featured Kelly Roberts as a background exerciser. Kelly led a short combination at the end.

Cataddict I’m glad you only had minor cleanup after the hurricane. Not much else going on with me, just work and home, work and home, blah blah blah.

Good night!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in