Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-22, 07:04 PM  
YogaGal

Tuesday’s Workout – Jessica Smith’s Stride & Step from her Burn Fat & Have Fun dvd
AND Yoga with Joelle’s Yoga for ABS - 7 min Strength // Day #13 28-Day Yoga Challenge.

Wednesday’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Box & Compound Moves premix from Cardio Sculpt Overload dvd
AND Yoga with Bird’s 10-Minute Everyday Yoga Stretch (DAY 7) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge.
Old 05-11-22, 07:05 PM  
YogaGal

Margot: That saying you shared was very apropos for last weekend! But thankfully, life has calmed back to normality. Your walk around Bath sounds lovely.

Pam: Glad you had a nice family visit. And yes, the cleaning before and after is a job!

Sandra: Congratulations on giving notice of your retirement date! Yes, making it official can be somewhat scary, but I know you’ll enjoy retirement once you settle into it. You’ve been through a trial retirement, so you are prepared for what it will be like.
Old 05-11-22, 07:06 PM  
YogaGal

Beth: Glad you enjoyed your overnight trip and found so many goodies at the book sale! Let us know what you think about the Alexander Technique. You have a lot on your plate to finish up work for the semester; I didn’t realize you were moving offices! I finally completed my 3 required class assessments, and now I’m finishing up a report and also a required online training on academic freedom.

Garrie: Nice to hear from you, friend! Sounds like you are getting your mojo back with those oldies, but goodies. Kathy’s Buns & Thighs Step workout is a good DOMS generator as I recall.

Splitting replies due to 500 error!
Old 05-11-22, 08:42 PM  
JustSandra

Hi! Going to try Carolyn's approach of splitting up posts to avoid the 500 error.

Today's Workout: Another 1-mile Leslie Sansone (I'm working my way through her Walk 15 set), followed by Sandra's Knee Rehab routine plus the lower body work from Margaret Richard's Getting Better.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 08:44 PM  
JustSandra

Garrie: It can be fun (and comforting) to revisit old favorites.

Pat58: I've been getting Medicare advertisements for a few years now (just turned 67). I currently have Kaiser and at this time am planning to switch to Kaiser Senior Advantage -- I'll get to keep my current doctor, who I like a lot.

Beth: Wow, you are busy!

Old 05-11-22, 08:45 PM  
JustSandra

Wanted to mention I got a massage gun! It has turned out to be so helpful for general knee stiffness. It hasn't solved all my knee issues, but really helps with stiffness and range of motion.

Waving to all!

Old 05-11-22, 09:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, which massage gun did you get? I was using my little Omron TENS machine today; I think it helped, but I'm not sure.

Carolyn, I finished the evals today, and we concluded the first round of interviews for the new departmental director position. Good luck with your report!

RE the office move, some of you might remember that it was the prior head of our department (the one boss I've ever had conflict with) who initiated me moving from our main building to my current office in a residence hall - my one work friend and I joke that I got "kicked off the island," haha. I was opposed to it at first, but in many ways, I've gotten used to being out of the fray...I also have a really nice office space! But it makes sense for me to be back in the main building, and my new office will be right next to my above-mentioned friend. I just wish we could confirm a move date and a painting schedule (the latter likely won't happen until I'm off over the summer).

Sorry many of you are still getting posting errors. I have a question - do you use "Post Reply" to post or the "Quick Reply" button? I almost always use the latter, and I haven't been getting any errors, so I wonder if there's something about that function that works better?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 09:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I always use "Post Reply".

Sandra, I'm happy to hear that your massage gun has helped you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 09:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Qi Gong Challenge Day 10
~Taught Essentrics
~Gina B 20 min Latin Fiesta Walk
~Strength circuit day 1
~Long stretch & yin poses….hip, hamstring, quad, adductor, & chest opener focus, finished with supported fish

Sandra - Glad you’re finding the massage gun helpful, I need to use mine more often!

Beth - I always use “post reply” and I preview before submitting. I haven’t had the 500 error lately.

Nice to see you Garrie, enjoy your vintage workouts!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 11:05 PM  
YogaGal

Pat: Sorry you had to deal with intense winds last weekend. “Medicare Maze” is an apt description! My Medicare bill is for Plan B which is $170/month, or $510 for 3 months. I also selected an Advantage Plan, but it has no premium, i.e., no extra cost.

Sandra: Glad that your new massage gun is helping you.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I got my new eyeglasses last week and like them a lot!