Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-21, 12:17 PM  
kat999

Thanks for this motivation, everyone. Today I did get my sneakers in my workout room right after breakfast for a 90-minute session to kind of make up for flaking yesterday. Back to a regular routine tomorrow! RAR!
Old 02-08-21, 01:43 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
We are in a cold snap here. No where near minus 25 but we are single digits and minus wind chills.

I guess I just get up and do it. No thinking about it. sure under the covers is so much nicer and warmer but I know if I don't get up and do it, I will feel like crap the rest of the day.

My main workout is before everything else, weekends get up and do it it before breakfast, weekdays get up and do it before going to to work. Been like this for so long that for me it is a no brainer.

We can do this
Yes, me as well. Yesterday morning was -15 when I got up. But the sun was shining, the sky was so blue and the snow was glistening and sparkling. I went for 3 walks, 20 mins, 50 mins and 20 mins. I just had to get out and enjoy the sunshine. So yes, I just got out and did it. It's cold but if you layer up, dress warm, and keep moving it makes a difference.
Old 02-08-21, 01:52 PM  
bubbles76

I love working out in the cold. It's the heat that makes me want to forget about workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 02:05 PM  
rhbrand

I'm the "its cold out, I'm gonna stay in under the blanket with a dog and cat and not move unless I need to pee" when its cold out kind of person
Old 02-08-21, 02:09 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I love working out in the cold. It's the heat that makes me want to forget about workouts.
Absolutely. The heat just wipes me out. At least working out warms me up when it's cold!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 02:29 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Absolutely. The heat just wipes me out. At least working out warms me up when it's cold!

Erica
I am less motivated when it’s hot. It’s also extremely humid here and that just drains me. I feel like a slug in the summer.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 03:45 PM  
kat999

See, I love summer. I love sunshine and early light in the mornings. I'm fortunate to have central air, so if it's TOO hot to go jogging outside, I just crank my air, fire up some fans in my workout room, and get it done. I will usually still jog outside unless it's above 85 degrees, and I make sure I stay super hydrated. I just love, love, LOVE summer. Winter drains my energy and motivation and makes me so incredibly depressed.
Old 02-08-21, 06:07 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
See, I love summer. I love sunshine and early light in the mornings. I'm fortunate to have central air, so if it's TOO hot to go jogging outside, I just crank my air, fire up some fans in my workout room, and get it done. I will usually still jog outside unless it's above 85 degrees, and I make sure I stay super hydrated. I just love, love, LOVE summer. Winter drains my energy and motivation and makes me so incredibly depressed.
I have central air too, but it’s usually in the upper 90s here in the summer. Just taking the dogs outside to do their business is miserable.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather, motivation