Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-19, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivelo View Post
I received a Fitbit Versa for Xmas and I love it even more than my Charge 2. I go 4 days without recharging as long as my clock face is not on 24/7. You can choose between different models of clock faces. The one I've been using for the last few months shows my daily progression with numbers and visuals for steps, stairs, distance, , calories, and active minutes. It shows my heartrate, too and how much juice is left in the battery. When I complete 10,000, the Versa buzzes and displays fireworks or other graphics. I haven't used the other functions just yet because all I'm doing for exercise these days is light walking.

Thank you! I appreciate your thorough response.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 10:31 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Lanette, it is the one you linked.

Thanks!
Sherry
Thank you! I just didn’t want to miss anything!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 11:42 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I have a Fitbit Versa. I also have Fitbit Blaze & 2 Fitbit ones. The ones (sadly discontinued now) are the most a curate. The Blaze was/is nice (although not accurate with my 5 mile walks-only calculated half the distance.) I like the onscreen workouts on it & the Versa. The Versa is more accurate than the Blaze, but it still counts my arm movements when I sort tags on Mondays & underestimates my 5 mile walks ( not as much as the Blaze, though.) I suspect it isn't accurate with heartrate either, but I think it does well with my sleep. What I really love about it is that I can store music on it! I have some walking music cassettes on it & some playlists from Deezer (have to have a premium membership) on it. I have not used the notifications or music control (for your cell phone.) I do like the different faces & the apps you can put on it (flashlight!) I am thinking that you don't need it if you don't have a cell phone, though.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 12:08 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Jennifer! I do have a cell phone, but it is a basic flip phone with a very limited plan.

Sherry

Old 05-14-19, 02:50 PM  
sherry7899

It looks like you have to have Windows 10 (we do not)to use the Fitbit app on a computer. Sigh....I do not think I am meant to have a fitness tracker.

Old 05-14-19, 04:27 PM  
Harivelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
It looks like you have to have Windows 10 (we do not)to use the Fitbit app on a computer. Sigh....I do not think I am meant to have a fitness tracker.
You also have to have a smartphone. The set up process requires both
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 04:32 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
My Mom has a Fitbit (I don't recall what model) and no smartphone. There is a little dongle (tiny thingie that plugs into a USB port) that she has plugged into her computer, and the Fitbit uses that to sync directly with the computer when it is nearby.

I use my Alta with an iPhone and a Mac laptop.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 04:39 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
My Mom has a Fitbit (I don't recall what model) and no smartphone. There is a little dongle (tiny thingie that plugs into a USB port) that she has plugged into her computer, and the Fitbit uses that to sync directly with the computer when it is nearby.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 05-14-19, 04:40 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Really! Just to set it up? Well, I am.glad to find that out before spending any money. Thanks so much!

Old 05-14-19, 05:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

I know the original Flex was like this. I'm not sure if Flex 2 is. I had a Flex when my phone wasn't compatible and I just synced with my laptop every night.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activity tracker, fit bit, fitbit, fitbit versa