Exchange Moderator

Reviving old thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Victorem Booty Resistance Workout Hip Exercise Bands
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074S89V86
i have this one and i started a thread about it here:
Booty Band that goes around your thighs

i just want to say that using this band has greatly improved my IT band pain. and just maybe 10 reps is sufficient.

there are many uses of these booty bands:
standing moves: squats, lunges, simple walking, side leg lift
supine on the floor: butt lifts
side-lying on the floor: leg lifts on one side

the victorem bands is a set with 3 bands in 3 different strengths. the elasticity, which provides the resistance, is the same, but what gives it more resistance is the circumference of the band. the narrower the band (smaller circumference) the higher the resistance. they're comfortable and stay flat, and don't dig into your skin.

i use the smallest and the mid-sized. the largest one is too wide, and i have yet to find a use for it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 11:23 PM  
Taiga

I love this adjustable band for floor work. Being able to adjust perfectly for every exercise was a game changer
Old 05-24-20, 09:00 AM  
warriorprincess

I use Metric USA Resistance Loop Bands Comfort Pads. They make any band much more comfortable.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 01:40 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I love this adjustable band for floor work. Being able to adjust perfectly for every exercise was a game changer
This is so clever...I didn’t know such a a band existed. I’m adding this to my wish list.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 09:36 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I love the arena bands - splurged on myself at Christmas. However, the adjustable band looks interesting!! Thanks for sharing the link.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 09:10 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I have these and the fabric doesn't roll and is very comfortable to wear. They provide a lot more resistance than elastic bands, however. For some exercises I prefer the elastic bands because I get more range of motion with them than with these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I have these and they are no joke. Mine are so stiff that I don't think there is an ounce of give in them. I want to workout more with them.
This is why I am reluctant to get fabric bands. I need a new set of resistance loops. I really like the set of elastic bands I have because they are wider and don’t roll up much. However the light and medium ones broke and the heavy one is going to break soon. Unfortunately the manufacturer has discontinued those. I have a few sets that aren’t wide and they are uncomfortable. So I am looking for a set of 3” wide elastic bands or fabric ones that aren’t killer. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

ETA: I use these mainly for floor work although I also do monster walks with them.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 01:12 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Bumping. In addition to elastic band recommendations, i am interested in more stretchy not as challenging fabric bands to use for floor work.
Old 08-27-20, 02:53 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Bumping. In addition to elastic band recommendations, i am interested in more stretchy not as challenging fabric bands to use for floor work.
I have these; the yellow (extra light) and the light resistance are not that challenging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TEVKD8ZW&psc=1

Have you considered getting the Synergee latex bands? They are meant to last. From the reviews on Amazon, some people may have received bootlegs. If I go back to a rubber band, I think I would pay more for these and possibly purchase directly from the company.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 10:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Barb, I like the look of those Tribe fabric bands. The Synergee ones appear to be mini bands which are not what I am looking for. I have some Perform better mini bands that I use for clamshells. I also found these latex ones that are wider and look like they won't roll up
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3NAI6DWA&psc=1
I think I am going to buy both sets.

Update: I received both sets yesterday and will try them out tomorrow. The tribe ones appear to be more challenging than what I want them for but I may be stronger than I think. I can always do less reps.
Old 08-29-20, 11:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I use Metric USA Resistance Loop Bands Comfort Pads. They make any band much more comfortable.
Nancy THANK YOU for suggesting these! Not only do they make both my bands of different shapes more comfortable, but they also keep them from rolling.

Big thumbs up!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arena strength, booty bands, iliotibial band, resistance bands, resistance loops