Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-19, 09:20 PM  
momofcha

Is anyone still doing fitprime?

I just rediscovered them and have done a few. I really like them a lot. I’m not beat up when I’m done and I enjoy the weight work.

I’m trying to reacquire some so if you happen to have some lying around unused, please PM me. I hope it’s okay to post that.

I’ve done meta boost, flex posture, lean and pump and am thrilled with them!

Anyone else?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 07:43 AM  
Sandrine

Me, too!

I was very late to the Fitprime/Kickbutt/WHFN party to start with, but then rediscovered them about 3 years ago and have kept them on occasional rotation ever since.

I remember when these first came out, I (dedicated Firm Believer that I am ) bought a couple of them, but found the original set (kind of an overdecorated living room) so busy that it distracted from the workout. Also, at that time, the workouts seemed so different from anything else and especially previous Firms, that I stupidly wrote them off with a sad shake of my head and a "What was Anna thinking?"!

Flash forward to an older (and hopefully wiser) me, and I not only get it, but appreciate it! I agree with you, Momofcha, the weight work is great and I feel well-worked -out but not exhausted.

Funny how a few years can change perspectives, isn't it?
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 02:47 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I loved those Fitprime/Kickbutt workouts back in the day! I especially liked Fast Cheetah and Metaboost. Really nice workouts. Alas, I can no longer do tall box climbs without causing my back to flare.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 04:10 PM  
OSusanna

Me. I decided this would be the year to do Anna Benson’s workouts (and her protoges). I’m not keeping up on them well but I will return to them soon. I love Metaboost and Pump and Lean but felt really creaky after Flex Posture. I took my high step down to 10 inches as I am only 5 feet tall and it feels like the right height for me.

I’ll continue on this month I think.

I got bored after a month of Fitprimes and started looking at the workouts I have from Gin Miller and also found those enjoyable.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 05:46 PM  
bubbles76

I'm also very late to FitPrime/Kickbutt workouts. Heck, I'm late to the Firm! But I really like them. I haven't done all of the FitPrime/Kickbutt workouts, but I have most of them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 10:50 AM  
kat999

I always do a little cheer when these come up in my rotation. I like the length of them, the intensity, and the sheer variety! I don't have the originals, only the "remakes" that look more like the old FIRM sets, and I love them, both the Fit Primes and the Kick Butts. Kimberly Spreen's workouts are especially cheery and fun.
Old 04-07-19, 02:39 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

so I was about to start a new thread but maybe someone on this thread can help me out.

I've got the fitprime original weights first- was there ever a kickbutt remake of it? I can't find it on the fitness favorites?

tia, Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 12:04 PM  
PhyllisG

I just got MetaBoost and FlexPosture in a trade. They look great. Just what I need right now. I had them when they first came out but sold them. Now they seem perfect.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 01:54 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
so I was about to start a new thread but maybe someone on this thread can help me out.

I've got the fitprime original weights first- was there ever a kickbutt remake of it? I can't find it on the fitness favorites?

tia, Terrie
Hi Terrie,

I thought I had all of the Fitprime originals and the remakes. I don’t have a kickbutt titled Weights First. I could be wrong but I don’t think it was remade. (Maybe because of the poor reviews and disappointment when it was released?)

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 02:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Hi Terrie,

I thought I had all of the Fitprime originals and the remakes. I don’t have a kickbutt titled Weights First. I could be wrong but I don’t think it was remade. (Maybe because of the poor reviews and disappointment when it was released?)
thanks Lannette - I'm wondering if PUMP was the remake of weights first? I'm going to watch it to find out.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, fitprimes