Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-18, 07:54 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
Are you still enjoying HDM? Love that you've been having success... keeps this fellow Canuck quite peaked with interest I've not ever bought anything from Hamelin but feel ready.
I bought it all.. ha! I am almost exclusively doing Hamelin, I toss in some Kelly Raw and a Cathe live once in a while as I feel I still need heavier weights for building and maintaining muscle. But.. I am loving his new 6 month series and bootcamp… also his new cardio 6 month series released the first 2 cardio and I am LOVING them. I am about to be 46 and was in need of a change in my workouts.. and Hamelin is very meditative and fun for me, gentle on my body. I am leaning out a bit and feel great after! Have you tried any of his free Vimeo or YouTube workouts?
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 07:14 PM  
hotncmom

OK, so I just purchased Intro to Melt: The 90 minute workout, but I am super confused about where to go from there. What are you guys doing to get the fast results? He has something called Melt Series: 6 months and also a 6-week inch loss course. Plus, on Instagram, from 4 days ago, it says:

You can pre-sign up here for the NEW online inch loss course starting next month. Join us on a 6 week transformational journey where sweat, muscle burn, inch loss and weight loss will motivate you whilst your results become more and more obvious. Each weekly class is around 90 minutes in length, and it will be emailed out to all subscribers later same day. The classes are tough, it's MELT training amped up for maximum results. Hamelin has transferred his personal training material into a class setting with students and good music. Each weekly class is recorded late Saturday afternoon. Join us and start seeing your own body change and transform. Email Jenny at: info@hamelindabellmethod.com to pre-order the new 6 week course, the pre-order price is £35 for the full course.

I'm so confused about what to get! What are the differences between all these?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 09:46 PM  
Elle K

Yes that's a great question.. Just want to get some new insights into these programs if there are some out there.
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 06:23 AM  
hotncmom

I emailed Jenny, his assistant, with my questions and got this response:

6 months Melt series is Hamelin's Melt training in intermediate format, and his inch loss course is intermediate/advanced and much more intense and has higher reps than the 6 months Melt course.
Matics is targeted mat toning for one specific body part and DMW is a mixture of barre and calming mat toning.

If you want very fast results then I'd go for the inch loss course. I'm happy to give you a discount in case you want to go for the current inch loss course and pre-order the next course starting in November. This will also give you access to his private #hamelin18 Facebook group.

Her email is info@hamelindabellmethod.com.

Is there a Hamelin check-in here? I think I want to try the inch loss course, but I tend to get bored with Hamelin pretty easy, so I might need some cheerleading...
Old 10-23-18, 09:55 AM  
upperwside

I LOVE intro to melt. I am really loving the new inch loss course, I am mixing it with the 6 month cardio course, cardio tone and higher impact. I am seeing such changes in my body, and others are noticing. The classes are long, but I enjoy them and they do not feel as long as they are.. the time flies. The cardio is all around 45 minutes, I really love the cardio tone.. holy muscle burn with 3 pound weights!!!

I like the FaceBook group, there is a check in and you can ask Hamelin questions and he answers!

Editing to add that I am turning 46 next month, and my body was not responding to my usual weight workouts. I was feeling puffy and flabby.. and so sore all the time.. not with Hamelin, gentle on my body.. but really tightening me up!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-18, 07:06 PM  
momofcha

I tried the latest release and it seemed no different than any of his other stuff. The inch loss claims within hours of working out? Turned me off.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-18, 06:03 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I tried the latest release and it seemed no different than any of his other stuff. The inch loss claims within hours of working out? Turned me off.
I did the first Melt test group and the dread kicked in toward the end.. I haven't done any more of it since. I DMW and his Cardio Tones so I stick with those plus all my old favorites. I was tempted by the new "inch loss" classes but I don't have 90m a day to work out. I guess Blitzmatics classes are a thing of the past... too bad since they were so good.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-18, 07:23 AM  
hotncmom

I bought the current 6-week inch loss series and pre-ordered the next one. I've done class 1 and 2 so far.

They are...OK. I like the concept. Toning exercise sets with light cardio intervals in between. The workouts are long but I'm planning to do them every other day. The toning exercises themselves are nothing revolutionary but he has you doing them for a long time - maybe 2 minutes per set?

My main issues with these workouts:
  • I can't hear him. The music is loud and anything he says echoes. I'm not holding his accent against him but combined with the first 2 issues, it doesn't help.
  • I really don't like the music. He's recording a live class so he needs to use music, but I wish I could mute the music (and still hear him) and use my own.
  • The ab work really bothers my back. I modify a lot, but when I get up from the mat to move on to the next exercise, my back always feels tight for a minute.

Not sure how long I can tolerate these, but I'm determined to get back into some clothes that haven't fit in a long time.

I'm thinking that maybe I can write down the exercises and how many reps (or how long he's doing them for) and use my own music.

I'm thinking I'm bound to get some kind of results with these if for no other reason than the workouts are a lot longer than I'm used to. Since I went back to work last year, I do 30-minute workouts 95% of the time.

I prefer DMW or even the Matics or original toning to these. Maybe the "secret" is the cardio intervals? If so, you can do any toning and pause for a couple of minutes of cardio intervals after each exercise, right?
Old 10-26-18, 07:25 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I did the first Melt test group and the dread kicked in toward the end.. I haven't done any more of it since. I DMW and his Cardio Tones so I stick with those plus all my old favorites. I was tempted by the new "inch loss" classes but I don't have 90m a day to work out. I guess Blitzmatics classes are a thing of the past... too bad since they were so good.
Did you see any noticeable results from the Melt test group?
Old 10-26-18, 09:16 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Did you see any noticeable results from the Melt test group?
I didn't until he showed me my side by side pictures. I will probably revisit again one day but not now. I bought the Melt BootCamp and have only done the Cardio, arms and band work.. I have never tried the main Melt sets. IDK why they give me such dread. I'd much rather do his older stuff.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hamelin melt, hdm