Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-18, 09:17 PM  
BamaTanya

I ordered the 28-Day Size Down Challenge.

Don't know why I jumped on this, but both sounded so appealing. I purchased from the Evergreen Welness site. The DVD order included free shipping and instant online access. I'd just sold a college text on ebay and my Paypal balance covered it.

The 28-Day plan includes 7 8-minute-ish workouts that will be interspersed throughout the 4 weeks:
  • Total Body
  • Strength Aerobics
  • Core
  • Upper Body
  • Lower Body
  • Core/Buns
  • Upper Body/Cardio

The 28-Day calendar includes an intro video, warm up, warm down, and stretch with the 8-minute workout. There are one-two rest day(s) each week.

I just finished Day 1, Total Body. A man and a woman do the workout with Jaime leading. Exercises changed about every 30 seconds. There were some jacks and some running in place during the cardio intervals, but he mentioned (late) low impact options. He also says you can do the workouts multiple times if you have the time.

In addition to the workouts, there are meal and snack recommendations, grocery lists, and printable workbook-like pages for your reflections.

Jaime seems very likable. The exercises (so far) are basic and well-paced. It's not as "polished" as many other productions and he hasn't focused on form pointers. The exercisers work at their own pace instead of on a specific beat or count.

I'm doing this with a family member who is resistant to exercise (autism spectrum). It's short and he can't find too much to complain about (yet!)

You can access 4 different workouts if you enter your email at the bottom of this information page: https://shop.myevergreenwellness.com/

Hope this helps!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 09:41 PM  
BamaTanya

I could have purchased the online access without DVD for only $9.99, but I hate being dependent on the internet for my workouts. We have too many buffering stalls.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 11:13 AM  
donnadc

I just did the 4 sample workouts-strung together-and worked up a pretty good sweat. I like the simplicity of the workouts but I can't decide which one I liked best, so I'm not sure which program to order I do like Jaime's personality. Reminds me of a waaaayyy toned down Tony Little-positive and motivating
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 06:42 AM  
MsThistlebottom

My DVDs arrived yesterday (in a thick cardboard case), and they're going back. Both are DVD-R, which is not mentioned anywhere in the (Amazon) description. At $19.99 each, I assumed they'd be pressed. Oh well!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 01:56 PM  
horsemom2

I am considering the Rock the Walk streaming series but cannot figure out exactly how many different 8 minute walking workouts it includes.
Looks like there may be 5 different day routines (legs, arms, abs, cardio flex and intervals)
plus the 3 bonus (warmup, warm down and stretch)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 09:22 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
My DVDs arrived yesterday (in a thick cardboard case), and they're going back. Both are DVD-R, which is not mentioned anywhere in the (Amazon) description. At $19.99 each, I assumed they'd be pressed. Oh well!
That stinks! Especially at that price.

I like this idea, and I like Jaime's personality. Looking at that Lower Body video, though, I think there should be more instruction, especially for those one leg deadlifts. I don't think this is for total beginners, more for people who know how to do these exercises but they are restarting or need to shorten their workouts for some reason.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 10:07 AM  
horsemom2

In the Rock the Walk Abs sample, he does a standing forward crunch 4 different segments
and the high-low twist squat on one side only without switching sides in only one segment so these are not evenly designed.

This flaw is making me hesitate to order the streaming of the Rock the Walk.
Also have no clue how long this site will continue since I never got a reply to a question I had asked.
(ETA: finally got an unimpressive response making me think these series were just churned out quickly and cheaply)

I do like the idea of a weight move alternating with walking every 20 seconds for 8 minutes.

Barb S
Old 03-16-19, 03:38 PM  
MJ525

I just picked up Rock the Walk and wanted to check this thread out hoping to find reviews of his other two offerings, to start I ordered from Amazon and my copy came in a regular DVD case, pressed DVD and a rotation calendar. However I don't think I'm gonna get as much variety as I hoped this is the list of workouts:

Warm Up - 2 minutes

SUSIE:
Cardio Flex
Abs
Arms
Legs
Sprint Interval

DOUG:
Cardio Flex
Abs
Arms
Legs
Sprint Interval

CARY:
Cardio Flex
Abs
Arms
Legs
Sprint Interval

Warm Down - 2 minutes
Stretch - 8 minutes

I'm just beginning to preview, however it seems the workouts are similar just using a different background exerciser. I think I will hang on to this though, I do like shorter workouts that don't have a warm-up or cool down/stretch included so I can use them as add-ons.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 06:46 PM  
horsemom2

you are offered samples on
https://myevergreenwellness.com/jaimes-4-pack-sampler/#!

Barb S
Old 03-17-19, 08:57 AM  
Scorpio6

Just ordered the Baila Latin dance program with 5 20-min segments. Handsome Cuban gentleman who is a professional dancer, Nestor Garcia. Will let you know how that turns out when I get the DVD.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, jaime brenkus, over 50, short workouts