Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-21, 06:22 PM  
wendug

Well I still don't have my new mattress. I received an email that it would be delivered on Tuesday. Another email arrived saying delivery will be delayed until Wednesday. I checked the tracking on Wednesday and FedEx said it would be delivered by the end of the day. Same thing for Thursday. Same thing for today. I saw the FedEx truck outside my house this afternoon. The driver was on his phone and sat there in his truck a few minutes. Next thing I know he drives off down the street without delivering my mattress. Ugh! I know it is the holidays, but he was right here in front of my house!
Old 12-10-21, 11:47 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Well I still don't have my new mattress. I received an email that it would be delivered on Tuesday. Another email arrived saying delivery will be delayed until Wednesday. I checked the tracking on Wednesday and FedEx said it would be delivered by the end of the day. Same thing for Thursday. Same thing for today. I saw the FedEx truck outside my house this afternoon. The driver was on his phone and sat there in his truck a few minutes. Next thing I know he drives off down the street without delivering my mattress. Ugh! I know it is the holidays, but he was right here in front of my house!
How frustrating! I was supposed to receive a couple orders on Tuesday (one from Amazon and one from Walmart) but they keep getting delayed for some reason. FedEx usually delivers on the weekends as well so hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or Sunday.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 06:22 PM  
wendug

Wish me luck that I get my mattress tomorrow. Contacting FedEx customer support only got me a "pending" answer on the delivery. After contacting Plush Beds (whose customer service wasn't great) who contacted FedEx on my behalf, I received a notice from FedEx that my mattress and foundation will be delivered tomorrow. I had a feeling it was a bad idea to order around the holidays.
Old 12-15-21, 06:32 PM  
wendug

Still no new mattress/foundation. The Fed Ex guy is straight up trolling me now. He pulled up in front of the house, went to the back of his truck, came back to the front of the truck to the drivers seat and LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME in the window as he drove off down the street. Yep, Fed Ex is the worst.
Old 12-15-21, 11:44 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Still no new mattress/foundation. The Fed Ex guy is straight up trolling me now. He pulled up in front of the house, went to the back of his truck, came back to the front of the truck to the drivers seat and LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME in the window as he drove off down the street. Yep, Fed Ex is the worst.
That is just strange. Is FedEx far from your house? Maybe you should pay them a personal visit to find out what is going on.
Old 12-16-21, 12:51 PM  
wendug

Update!!! I finally received my mattress and foundation. It arrived around 7pm last night. DH and I put the foundation together and got the mattress unboxed so we could sleep on it last night. It is comfy, but it will take getting used to with the latex.

Apparently the foundation box was damaged on one end and FedEx had to add cardboard and retape the end of the box so it affected delivery time. I still think the driver just didn't want to deliver something heavy, though. It all worked out in the end, which I'm thankful for!
Old 12-16-21, 06:37 PM  
SpiritYogi

Yay! Glad you finally received your new bed. I hope you love it more each day as your body gets used to it.
Old 12-19-21, 12:49 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Yay! Glad you finally received your new bed. I hope you love it more each day as your body gets used to it.
Thanks, Dena! After sleeping on my new mattress and adding my latex topper from my old bed, I was able to sleep 6 hours straight without waking up because of shoulder or hip pain to turn over. I must say it was GLORIOUS! I probably would have slept longer if it weren't for my dogs waking me up to go out.

I kept hearing that you should spend money for 3 items that really help with your quality of life- a good mattress, quality shoes, and good tires. I really believe in that mantra, especially now that I've had a good night's rest!
Old 12-19-21, 07:12 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Thanks, Dena! After sleeping on my new mattress and adding my latex topper from my old bed, I was able to sleep 6 hours straight without waking up because of shoulder or hip pain to turn over. I must say it was GLORIOUS! I probably would have slept longer if it weren't for my dogs waking me up to go out.

I kept hearing that you should spend money for 3 items that really help with your quality of life- a good mattress, quality shoes, and good tires. I really believe in that mantra, especially now that I've had a good night's rest!
That's awesome! I'm so glad the new mattress is helping you get the sleep you need.

I agree about not skimping on certain items. I experienced a LOT of anxiety over the amount of money I spent on my mattress, but after buying cheap models for many years and having to replace them every three to five years, I decided to bite the bullet and splurge and I've never regretted the decision!
Old 12-21-21, 06:40 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
That's awesome! I'm so glad the new mattress is helping you get the sleep you need.

I agree about not skimping on certain items. I experienced a LOT of anxiety over the amount of money I spent on my mattress, but after buying cheap models for many years and having to replace them every three to five years, I decided to bite the bullet and splurge and I've never regretted the decision!
Honestly, after looking at prices at regular retailers for mattresses, the plush bed mattress is priced similarly. I was quite shocked that traditional mattresses are so expensive these days with only a 10 year warranty (and filled with chemicals!) I love that the plush bed mattress has a zippered cover, so if any layer fails in the mattress, it can be unzipped and that layer replaced- BRILLIANT! No need to replace the entire mattress. We had a beautyrest about 10 years ago that I really liked, but the top foam layer broke down after about 7 years and the whole thing had to be replaced.

Still loving the new mattress!

Tags
latex, mattress, mattresses