Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-17, 07:05 AM  
SuzieC

Callanetics 30 Day Countdown

I just wanted to chime in to say I finished the 30 day Countdown! I did it in about 45 days as I had to take days off because of illness (I had a bad cold sore/throat halfway through and then I got a skin virus that knocked the wind out of me). During the 30 days, I did some cardio during phase 1 and phase 2 (I had 7 to 10 days where I added in 15-20 minutes cardio, which is a lot LESS than I usually do). I didn't add cardio during phase 3 because I didn't have time and I was wiped from the phase 3 workout. Phase 3 is really tough and I got through by taking all the beginner modifications on offer. I think it will take many months to really master this level.

This was my very first exposure to Callanetics. Note that apart from a bit of cardio, I did the countdown exclusively.

Here are my results:

I think this is the fastest my body has responded to a program. I'm not saying I look like Lacey Kondi by any means, but I see differences in:

- my legs - they are stronger, with a little less cellulite (I still have cellulite, probably a lot of it, but it's less!). I had yet to find a program to help my sad looking legs, but I feel they are finally starting to tone now.

- flexibility - I have increased my flexibility and I can really feel a difference there. With the open-leg stretch, I could never, ever get my head to the floor. Now I can, without forcing. I think it's because my hips are a lot looser.

- I lost about 8-9 lbs (I still have about 25-30 to lose), I have not been able to get my weight to budge in over a year. In fact, I had been steadily gaining weight and gained 20 lbs in the last year. I think the success here is from not beating up my body. I now understand that my intensity threshold is a lot lower than a regular person, and I need to respect that. I do have adrenal fatigue, diagnosed with a 4-point saliva test.
**Note: this isn't to say that Callanetics isn't intense - it is, but it's gentle at the same time. I don't know how to explain this. During the level 3 hip rotations my heart rate was in it's peak zone, but somehow Callanetics doesn't need "recovery" time, at least not for me. It's gentle enough to do every day.

I should take measurements to compare but I haven't yet. I did lose a tiny bit around the waist, maybe about an inch. Though, because I'm taking Cortef (hydrocortisone, for my very low cortisol), my waist is just thick so I think I would have had way better results there if I wasn't on Cortef.

But absolute best of all, I'm not in pain. I have learned to live with daily pain from herniated discs and constant abdominal pain probably because I have both endometriosis and PCOS. My pain quickly subsided, and I think it's because my hips/psoas are a LOT more free (sorry I don't know what the technical term for it would be). Years of TA realtime left me with a pointy bum and very tight hips/psoas and I could not reverse it until now, even though I had tried other programs and other rotations over the last year. My behind has been totally reshaped.

I have signed up for Callanetics streaming!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 07:51 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, those are remarkable results and congrats for both completing and -especially- being pain-free!! Inspiring!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 08:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congrats! Wonderful results. I was on a bit of a Callanetics kick a few months back and really enjoyed it and saw some nice results too but I strayed because I never stick with anything. You now have me wanting to get back to Callanetics.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 08:38 AM  
bubbles76

Congrats! You had me at getting your head to the floor in an open leg stretch. If you could accomplish that in 45 days, it might be worth the cost of me getting this dvd. I am down for any dvd that can help with hip opening.

Wow, my list keeps getting longer and longer!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 11:03 AM  
gladgirl

Smile

Very impressive results! Congratulations.
Thank you for sharing your experience, esp. with the pain relief. And only 15-20 min of cardio occasionally...WOW!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 11:07 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I just wanted to chime in to say I finished the 30 day Countdown! I did it in about 45 days as I had to take days off because of illness (I had a bad cold sore/throat halfway through and then I got a skin virus that knocked the wind out of me). During the 30 days, I did some cardio during phase 1 and phase 2 (I had 7 to 10 days where I added in 15-20 minutes cardio, which is a lot LESS than I usually do). I didn't add cardio during phase 3 because I didn't have time and I was wiped from the phase 3 workout. Phase 3 is really tough and I got through by taking all the beginner modifications on offer. I think it will take many months to really master this level.

This was my very first exposure to Callanetics. Note that apart from a bit of cardio, I did the countdown exclusively.

Here are my results:

I think this is the fastest my body has responded to a program. I'm not saying I look like Lacey Kondi by any means, but I see differences in:

- my legs - they are stronger, with a little less cellulite (I still have cellulite, probably a lot of it, but it's less!). I had yet to find a program to help my sad looking legs, but I feel they are finally starting to tone now.

- flexibility - I have increased my flexibility and I can really feel a difference there. With the open-leg stretch, I could never, ever get my head to the floor. Now I can, without forcing. I think it's because my hips are a lot looser.

- I lost about 8-9 lbs (I still have about 25-30 to lose), I have not been able to get my weight to budge in over a year. In fact, I had been steadily gaining weight and gained 20 lbs in the last year. I think the success here is from not beating up my body. I now understand that my intensity threshold is a lot lower than a regular person, and I need to respect that. I do have adrenal fatigue, diagnosed with a 4-point saliva test.
**Note: this isn't to say that Callanetics isn't intense - it is, but it's gentle at the same time. I don't know how to explain this. During the level 3 hip rotations my heart rate was in it's peak zone, but somehow Callanetics doesn't need "recovery" time, at least not for me. It's gentle enough to do every day.

I should take measurements to compare but I haven't yet. I did lose a tiny bit around the waist, maybe about an inch. Though, because I'm taking Cortef (hydrocortisone, for my very low cortisol), my waist is just thick so I think I would have had way better results there if I wasn't on Cortef.

But absolute best of all, I'm not in pain. I have learned to live with daily pain from herniated discs and constant abdominal pain probably because I have both endometriosis and PCOS. My pain quickly subsided, and I think it's because my hips/psoas are a LOT more free (sorry I don't know what the technical term for it would be). Years of TA realtime left me with a pointy bum and very tight hips/psoas and I could not reverse it until now, even though I had tried other programs and other rotations over the last year. My behind has been totally reshaped.

I have signed up for Callanetics streaming!
Congratulations! I can totally relate having had very similar results and continue to watch my body morph. I'm 62 so it continues to amaze me. I keep thinking that this just shouldn't be happening.

I totally get what you mean by not beating yourself up but it not being easy. I have never worked harder while being totally relaxed!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 12:38 PM  
mandie123

A question prob Lannette can answer,is it worth subscribing to the site,and are any new materials going up?
Old 07-22-17, 01:08 PM  
cherimac

Congratulations!
Old 07-22-17, 01:12 PM  
Lannette

Mandie,

I've been subscribing to the site for almost 11 months and it's been well worth it. Sandra Hanna has a lot of WOs on the site but it's her Foundation Series, Quick Tips and Master Classes that really made it worth it to me. They helped me take my form to a whole new level.

That said, I'll tell you that there hasn't been a lot of new content added since the 30 Day Countdown WOs were released.

I'm getting to a point where I'm thinking that between my DVDs, iTunes downloads and Callanetics site downloads I might be ok to stop subscribing but I never seem to want to pull the plug.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 10:00 PM  
SuzieC

Quick question about the streaming site. I am a subscriber. I am going on vacation soon and wanted to purchase a workout so that I can download it to my ipad. However, I can't seem to find the option to purchase a download now that I am a subscriber. Does anyone know if this is possible?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics, callanetics countdown, lacey kondi