Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-17, 12:03 AM  
violingal3

JNL and KBKB are some of the toughest workouts I have around, so I agree with everyone's suggestions!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 11:43 AM  
cindyw75

I would highly recommend Jessica Smith's videos. Her Walk On Walk Strong 6-week transformation videos got me started with "more intense" cardio and incorporating weights again last year. Since then, I've slowly built back up to working out with Cathe. She also has a TON of free YouTube videos that are full length.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 04:15 PM  
dnna

Just a suggestion for an older vf -er, slow and steady wins the race.Don't be in a hurry to do more, harder, double work outs or any of the crazy intense stuff ( that most of us love) I would keep at the Leslies! or the Powerfits are good, maybe bump up to the Firm basics ( which are really hard when you are beginning! )
even if you stay with the Leslies you will do great at Disney. consistent walking daily is your key to success.
learned this the hard way. good luck! Meet you at Space Mountain!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 05:12 PM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Just a suggestion for an older vf -er, slow and steady wins the race.Don't be in a hurry to do more, harder, double work outs or any of the crazy intense stuff ( that most of us love) I would keep at the Leslies! or the Powerfits are good, maybe bump up to the Firm basics ( which are really hard when you are beginning! )
even if you stay with the Leslies you will do great at Disney. consistent walking daily is your key to success.
Thank you. I am experiencing this, and it's hard! I can't just jump back in anymore!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 05:17 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Donna, your posts are always beautiful and encouraging!

PS - I find the Firm Basics to be really fun!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 10:18 AM  
BriscF

If you like Leslie, why not try Jessica Smith's walking series? You get a great workout, there are modifications, and a lot of fun!
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 11:17 AM  
poohpeggy

Once you get going, I strongly recommend Cathe intermediate Ice Series. It has many premixes and its how I started up again. I've lost 50 lbs since Sept of 2016. For me, the Ice Series kept me from being overwhelmed. I also looked forward to working out every day.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 12:45 PM  
Mickey12

I always try to just increase my walking when I'm gearing up for a Disney trip. We are going April 21 and I cannot wait!! I am very anxious to see what my fitbit shows for daily steps as I know the "10 miles per day" estimate is not out of the question. I have not worn a pedometer or fitbit for the last few trips we took there.

I agree with the suggestions for Jessica Smith and continuing with Leslie. I used to think walking was so wimpy, but it's so good for you if you do it consistently.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 12:51 PM  
Sissy B

These are my Fitbit totals from when we went to Disney last May:

Monday, 5/23 - 18,361 steps/7.8 miles
Tuesday, 5/24 - 25,177 steps/10.69 miles
Wednesday, 5/25 - 25,768 steps/10.96 miles
Thursday, 5/26 - 25,006 steps/10.6 steps
Friday, 5/27 - 22,936 steps/9.74 miles
Saturday, 5/28 - 26,256 steps/11.22 miles

We got to the park about noon on Monday and Friday morning we slept in before hitting the parks. We actually took it at a slower pace then we usually do but we still averaged 10+ miles a day. I've always been curious how many miles we walk when we're at Disney so I was glad I had a Fitbit for this trip. All I was doing prior to this trip was walking.

Make sure you take a couple of pairs of good walking shoes with you and don't forget to take good socks. It really does make a difference.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jnl fusion, kettlebell kickboxing