Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
So far, I've done:
Callanetics Basics (Lacey)
Body Beautiful (Sandra)
35 minute workout with Adelaide
Pure Callanetics (Lacey)

I finished Pure about 15 minutes ago, and I am still quivering all over. Whew! Really, really good. I felt Basics and Body Beautiful were a little rushed, but this really had the set-up time that I was needing.

I just discovered (under Callan's videos) the Secrets of Callanetics. WOW! How awesome! For those that were looking for modifications, this is where it's at! I was needing a standing modification for the pelvic tilts and scoops (I'm 1-year out from knee surgery and still can't put weight directly on my knees). This video had EXACTLY what I was looking for. Great form tips for all the moves.
Sounds like you had a great workout. It's funny how we react so differently to the various Instructors. In the WOs you mentioned Lacey always feels a bit rushed to me, whereas Sandra feels calm and seems to flow from one thing to the next. Same WO - two very different reactions.

I agree on the Secrets DVD. Great modifications. There are even more in the old Callanetics Countdown Book.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 06:37 PM  
Lannette

They just added an instructional section to the streaming area. It's titled "How to do it" and features Lacey instructing the various exercise movements. There are 39 or 40 short videos. It also contains Callan's exercise library - an almost 24 minute video.

I plan to work through these over time.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-08-17, 09:49 AM  
mbcatac7

Thank you.

I just joined it yesterday. And today I did the Wakeup. I really liked it. I like to do about 20 to 25 minutes in the morning before work. Was doing CS, then some PBL. But decided I wanted to try something different.

Hoping I get some results from the shorter workouts. I used to do the book..years ago. Had great results.

Billie
Old 03-08-17, 01:33 PM  
Lannette

Hi Billie,

I like to do a mix of longer and short workouts but I do believe that you can see changes with shorter sessions. The better you get at relaxing the deeper you can go. I can work far more deeply on a shorter session than on a long one.

There are a lot of Session in the time range you like. There are also shorter sessions you can combine and longer sessions you can break in half or thirds.

Old 04-07-17, 02:01 PM  
Lannette

I haven't updated this thread in ages. I finished Callanetics Countdown doing Level 1 five times, Level 2 ten times and Level 3 fifteen times, not all in a row.
It was definitely worth the investment.

I'm still streaming and am working on two goals. First I've done the extended version of Countdown Level 3 twice and want to do it at least three more times. I have a long term goal to do 50 slow, controlled open/closes even if I need to stop and reset a few times. Today I did 25, 12 and a quick reset and then 13.

Doing Super Callanetics with clean form is my other goal. The extended version of Countdown Level 3 is helping me to reach that goal.

Old 04-07-17, 04:55 PM  
nd2325

Did anyone go through a mushy phase when starting callanetics? i am a little over halfway into the 30 day countdown and I feel like I have gotten thicker, especially in the legs. and I just look mushy or bloated.
Old 04-08-17, 07:44 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2325 View Post
Did anyone go through a mushy phase when starting callanetics? i am a little over halfway into the 30 day countdown and I feel like I have gotten thicker, especially in the legs. and I just look mushy or bloated.
Wow! No, quite the opposite, though I'd admittedly been doing only Callanetics for months and had cemented my form using Sandra Hanna's streaming videos.

Are you doing the workouts every day? Or are you leaving rest days between? Mixing other activities in?

If you're more than halfway through you've done Level 3 at least once. How did it feel? Are you lining up your check points (hips and low ribs)? Stacking hips in the hip and behind movements and keeping your legs close to the floor to keep the moves in the intended muscles?

One thing I did notice is that as I got what I can only characterize as a Mini leg and hip lift, the surface fat and skin was pushed up in my inner thigh and outer glute area. Those areas initially looked worse. I road it out and stuck with the program and added first foam rolling now blasting and the excess is disappearing. I only noticed that yesterday when my workout pants kept falling down around my hips.

Want to clarify what I mean by worse. My hips looked a bit square and my upper most inner thighs a bit bigger. It didn't last long. I also checked my form and moved to only two hard, long workouts a week along with shorter workouts a week. No "trash" sessions where I was tired and going through the motions just to claim a workout. I opt to do active recovery instead.

Last edited by Lannette; 04-08-17 at 07:53 AM. Reason: To clarify
Old 04-08-17, 07:46 AM  
Lannette

There is a code for, I think a month, of free streaming for April. Streaming for at least that long to take advantage of the form review sections and Sandra's stuff is worth it.

I was wrong, it's two weeks. Apparently you can see the offer if you go to the streaming area.

Last edited by Lannette; 04-08-17 at 07:49 AM. Reason: I was wrong.
Old 04-08-17, 09:41 AM  
nd2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Wow! No, quite the opposite, though I'd admittedly been doing only Callanetics for months and had cemented my form using Sandra Hanna's streaming videos.

Are you doing the workouts every day? Or are you leaving rest days between? Mixing other activities in?

If you're more than halfway through you've done Level 3 at least once. How did it feel? Are you lining up your check points (hips and low ribs)? Stacking hips in the hip and behind movements and keeping your legs close to the floor to keep the moves in the intended muscles?

One thing I did notice is that as I got what I can only characterize as a Mini leg and hip lift, the surface fat and skin was pushed up in my inner thigh and outer glute area. Those areas initially looked worse. I road it out and stuck with the program and added first foam rolling now blasting and the excess is disappearing. I only noticed that yesterday when my workout pants kept falling down around my hips.

Want to clarify what I mean by worse. My hips looked a bit square and my upper most inner thighs a bit bigger. It didn't last long. I also checked my form and moved to only two hard, long workouts a week along with shorter workouts a week. No "trash" sessions where I was tired and going through the motions just to claim a workout. I opt to do active recovery instead.

Interesting because what you describe seems to be exactly what I am seeing in my legs. Yesh, now I dont know if i should keep going and see if it works itself out.
Old 04-08-17, 10:35 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting because what you describe seems to be exactly what I am seeing in my legs. Yesh, now I dont know if i should keep going and see if it works itself out.
If what you are seeing is EXACTLY what I described you are not seeing what you described in your first post. My legs, glutes and waist looked leaner other than the two areas I described.

My mindset for continuing was thus: I knew if I stopped these two areas would reverse but it was lifting and tightening that created them. Stopping wouldn't remove that fat because it had been there all along. Allowing things to sag back to their previous state would simply delude me into believing it was gone.

Having continued, I'm of course thrilled now that these areas are shrinking without sagging.

Tags
callan pinckney, callanetics, lacey kondi, pretzel, sandra hanna