Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-16, 05:24 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I don't see where she's clarifying anything. It's just the usual "poor me, so misunderstood and criticized" whimpering.
It was tough trying to read the IG comments. But, Chomper accurately summed up TA's response upthread. TA basically threw the publication under the bus and stated that they took her statements out of context and were looking to use her for publicity.

There is definitely a sense that someone on her page can't disagree with her. But, I think that's why she keeps finding herself in these situations where her words backfire on her. She seems to be surrounded by sheeple who are shamed if they have a different opinion or have the audacity to share basic knowledge about how the body works.

I don't understand all of these celebs/pseudo-celebs who get offended when they're corrected and start calling people haters just because they have differing opinions. Really, it's a sign that someone cares enough to make sure you don't make a fool of yourself. I'm so happy to have fam/friends who will let me know the moment I step out of line! Keeps me out of trouble!
Old 03-20-16, 06:13 PM  
Yelly

Old 03-20-16, 06:21 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I do have some sympathy for die-hard TA fans. That's how I felt about Anna Benson. I LOVED those early FIRMS. They really changed my life and I was so predisposed to adoration of Anna B. Then I read her book, and ! I learned I could admire and appreciate the person for what she did without completely drinking the Kool-Aid.

ETA: I imagine the interview was probably a pleasant conversation, not 'hey Tracy, give us five things!' They probably took what she said throughout the conversation and extrapolated 'five things' to give the article form and an angle. Yelly is very astute to notice the quotation marks! But I can't imagine the journalist just made up the other four. Given the stuff she has said in the past, it's not hard to imagine her coming out with crazy ideas.

And does anyone else think it's odd that she's endorsing Buick?! I mean, it's a car. It has nothing to do with fitness. Seems like a very odd thing for a fitness guru to pitch. I'd be encouraging people to NOT use their cars and no one would pay me to say that.
Old 03-20-16, 07:08 PM  
Yelly

Old 03-21-16, 08:53 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
TA basically threw the publication under the bus and stated that they took her statements out of context and were looking to use her for publicity.
Too bad she's been saying this stuff for years and years. The article seemed to just rehash many of her controversial statements. I think they left off "running gives you a big butt" though.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
Old 03-21-16, 10:12 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
TA has been saying ridiculous stuff since back in the days when she got famous training Madonna. Why should she stop now? It's made her very wealthy.
Good point. Did you see the Fascia Blaster woman's page? She makes Tracy look scientific.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-21-16, 12:03 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist. Different trainers say their way is the best. Different bodies respond differently.
That's partly why I get my knickers in a twist. I don't deny that Tracy Anderson's method seems to work for some people, and they seem to like it. But from day one Anderson has gone beyond the regular promotion of her method by making these insane statements that typically make no sense at all, acting as though they're scientifically validated, and saying that they apply to the entire population. Like when she said no one should use weights over 3 pounds. I know some people seem to be able to maintain their fitness levels using extremely light weights. But to act like it's physiologically irresponsible to use anything heavier is just dumb. I don't think people should stop using her workouts, I just wish she'd stop making stupid statements in the media. She's a public figure - it's irresponsible to misrepresent herself as having any scientific knowledge at all when she repeatedly demonstrates that she does not.
Old 03-21-16, 12:12 PM  
nckfitheart

Thumbs down TA Statements

Just as it has been quoted previously, I am struggling to understand how can TA followers, love her and/or worship her to the point of completely loose any rationality.
I am not and will never be interested in anything she has and will put out there!!
Should anyone claim result or not. I do not care no matter how many thousand or million follower she has.That said comments are building up all over social media and I got to know she even launched a TA method of men, REALLY

http://lifeandtimes.com/tracy-anders...ns-only-method

http://www.wellandgood.com/good-swea...workout-rules/

l]
Old 03-21-16, 12:21 PM  
nckfitheart

A professional reply to TA Statement

More interestingly, A fitness professional has replied by posting a blog

https://medium.com/@BornFitness/dear...26f#.t9xu7128k
Old 03-21-16, 12:43 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Good point. Did you see the Fascia Blaster woman's page? She makes Tracy look scientific.
I can't stop laughing!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Closed Thread

Tags
tracy anderson