Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 09:05 PM  
isebelleg44

Favorite System

The only rotation, I ever completed was CLX. I followed the strength workouts, but added and removed everything else. I got great results with that rotation. I completed 10 weeks of P90x after owning it for 6 years. Even though, I didn't finish the rotation, I also got great results. Why oh why don't I follow more systems? I also own STS, Insanity and S90, but have not done a rotation yet.

So what has been your favorite system that you completed, doesn't have to be to the letter.
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 09:13 PM  
icebergslim

I completed P90X and got great results. I have CLX (got for Xmas gift) and will work the rotation with TF this summer. Right now I am doing S90D and I love the results I have gotten, so far, I will complete this program. I also have STS and was going to get rid of it because of the lengthy time on the workouts, but will work this program this winter and then make my final assessment. My husband has Insanity, I never got into it because it just has a dread factor (for me) and my husband only completed the 1st month and ditched the second. But he does work the dvds once or twice a week with his workout routine. I was never a stickler on systems, programs but I am changing my mind on that and finding out that if you stick with it you will see results.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 09:26 PM  
muddjeansgal

Firm BSS 3 and 4 mixed together.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 10:45 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I did the CLX/TurboFire rotation earlier this year and absolutely loved it. I modified some of the weeks, but for the most part I followed it. It was a great combination, and I'd like to do it again sometime this year.

I also did a full STS rotation and loved that, too.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:35 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

CLX was my favorite. It think it was because the workouts were short yet I got the best results with it.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:45 PM  
caligurl

P90X, CLX, insanity, STS

i did each of them as the rotation called for (yes... including the uber long yogaX each and every week and twice during recovery week!)

i did CLX once through as the complete rotation.. i've done it a couple of times since using just the weight workouts and my own cardio.

insanity i did once for the whole 60 days and started up again right after... but realized i was burnt out on it and moved on...

i did STS... but i hated it... didn't like that it wasn't a complete system... thought the workouts were ridiculously long (expecially after having done the shorter and effective CLX workouts).... i haven't don't it again and don't plan to... there are plenty of more effective and time efficient workouts out there.
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:52 PM  
CharM

CLX - gave me bigger biceps and calves, both of which I needed to not make me look so scrawny. Before/after CLX was the only time I measured myself with any system.

P90X helped build the strength I needed for other "heavy" weight workouts.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 05:30 AM  
anne

Firm BSS2 mixed with the tri-trainers.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 05:47 AM  
PhyllisG

I have ompleted STS and CLX. Loved STS and hated CLX tho I did finish it. I have completed the Firm 90 Day rotation plan more than once. I also used to follow Cathe's monthly rotations for years. Now I am trying to get it together to do TA's Meta Omni rotation.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 08:08 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Firm BSS 3 and 4 mixed together.
I like this mix also. Lots of great workouts that are effective at 30 - 45 minutes.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite systems, favorites