Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-21, 03:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I've been going in reverse order this week, so after doing Days 5 and 4 I did 3 yesterday and 2 today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 06:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I did swings day 7 today, with 20 and 25. I'm going to do Brett day 5 a bit later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 12:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Got home last night after a week in Indiana with my family. I did run two times and went for one walk but that was the extent of my fitness quest. I ate a bunch of desserts and hope Friday's weigh in won't be too painful! This week will be a reset getting back into my routine. I will run this week and next week I will resume my rotation. It was a good week but it's good to be home!

I will finish the swing challenge today. I was bummed that it didn't happen before I left but I didn't feel well the last two days I was home so took it easy.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 12:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Vantreesta, if you are interested in having a regular check-in, I invite you to join me in Walk On & On. Despite the name, we do all kinds of workouts.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 12:51 PM  
Vantreesta

I appreciate the offer, Cynthia, but I actually already have 4 regular check ins here on VF. I just wanted to check in here till I finish the swing challenge. Next week I plan to start either the push, pull, swing challenge again or her pushup challenge from a few years ago but if everyone else is moving on from her challenges I'll stop posting here too. Just gotta have that closure!

I am really not finding any mojo today, despite laying out the week this morning. That often gets me excited but not so much today. I suppose it isn't the end of the world if I don't and just catch up on housework and get everything unpacked and put away.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-14-21, 05:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Finally finished, exactly a month after the 7 day challenge started! I used my 30 lb for the low and medium swings, 20 lb for one handed and H2H, and 25 lb for high floating swings. I haven't done any strength work in a week but the 30 felt light! Later I was doing yoga and didn't have my blocks so I grabbed what felt like 10 lb bells just for the elevation for my hands. When I put them away I saw they were 15s!

Yesterday I actually managed a chin up! Just barely but my chin did manage to clear the bar by a hair.

On the way home on Monday my dad bought three 10 lb bags of ice. I carried two of them and would have sworn they were only 5 lbs each. I love getting stronger!

Old 07-14-21, 08:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Vannie, congrats for finishing AND congrats on the chin up!!!

I wanted to try doing 100 swings every day, but I've take a little break from KBs because I mildly strained something in the area of my right hip, probably my psoas. It's feeling better but I thought I would wait a bit longer so that I don't reinjure it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta that is wonderful progress!

Cynthia sounds like you also increased as well.

Beth sorry to hear about the tweak :-( Take care of yourself!

I just wanted to mention that the overall functional strength is always at the forefront and the ice bags example is right on, Vantreesta! I pushed my way up and out of the pool with just my hands and surprised myself this weekend. (Even when I was a teenager I couldn't get all that pear-nacity up and out like that and had to use handrails. ) Felt great

I will do another challenge but will wait until September.

Keep up the great work, everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 12:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Part of me would love to see the kettlebell check in revived and the rest of me says 4 regular check ins with three sporadic ones here plus trying to post at VF Roost and TotalFitness is more than I can handle already!

Nice job on the increases, everyone. I really enjoyed doing the challenge with you all!

Beth, I hope you're recovering from the tweak.

Tags
100 swings, challenge, fitness challenge, kettlebell, kettlebell challenge, kettlebell swings, kettlebells, lauren brooks, on the edge fitness, summer 2021