Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-17, 11:52 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Multiple posts here mention the possibility that VF may disappear or move to something like Facebook, but is it likely to? WWWendy posted earlier in this thread, and I don't see any warning in that post (or elsewhere on this forum) about any drastic changes.

Like others here, I wouldn't prefer something like "VF on Facebook."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
We need this site to continue. So WWWendy, if you are out there in cyberspace, please don't let us down. Let us know if you need any help in keeping this valuable resource going for many years to come.
Yes, please let us know. I'll mention ways to support VF, including contributions and shopping, which we may use regardless of how much posting there is.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 03-08-17, 06:47 AM  
Betty Boop

I like VF because it is a "one-stop shop." Where else can I explore all areas of fitness and get new ideas in one place!
Old 03-08-17, 07:17 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

VF has endured for decades through VHS and DVD. Maybe eventually it will take on a sort of streamingfitness.com vibe. People need to have a place to share and discuss workouts and instructors. There might be a small corner devoted to DVDs...
Old 03-08-17, 09:33 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Reminder - any sort of political discussion/mention is off limits here.

On the other question - As long as there are people who want to gather here and chat about fitness, I don't see why we cannot continue. The point made earlier about VF membership aging...whenever there have been "how old are you" polls here, I've noticed that my own age is always right in the middle of the biggest part of the bell curve so I guess the average VFer is around my age. Well, I turn 50 this year and my child is heading off to college, so the point made earlier about VFers getting older, changing priorities, changing workouts etc. is likely true for many.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-08-17, 10:20 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post

On the other question - As long as there are people who want to gather here and chat about fitness, I don't see why we cannot continue. The point made earlier about VF membership aging...whenever there have been "how old are you" polls here, I've noticed that my own age is always right in the middle of the biggest part of the bell curve so I guess the average VFer is around my age. Well, I turn 50 this year and my child is heading off to college, so the point made earlier about VFers getting older, changing priorities, changing workouts etc. is likely true for many.
I am in the same boat, Wendy! I also turn 50 in June and am sending my oldest to college. My priorities also have changed being immersed (obsessed) with Essentrics.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 03-08-17, 10:35 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post

I am still here every day. I certainly don't want to see VF go away, nor do I want it to be a FB page type thing either. I like VF just fine the way it is. I also will continue to support VF. I hope everyone here, will do the same.
Old 03-08-17, 09:26 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I don't visit VF much anymore because of a small group of VFers who post a lot and for some reason seem compelled to insert little barbs and provocations into the discussions. This thread is an excellent example. I think I'll continue to stay away.

Lurdes
Old 03-08-17, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
I don't visit VF much anymore because of a small group of VFers who post a lot and for some reason seem compelled to insert little barbs and provocations into the discussions. This thread is an excellent example. I think I'll continue to stay away.

Lurdes
So sorry you feel that way!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 03-09-17, 07:36 AM  
amoodygirl

Snowflake Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
The topic is about where are all the people who used to post. Many said Facebook and other sites. I mentioned mine. Sorry you were triggered.
Hey Videofit - since you hide behind your i.d. without any idea who you are - I am willing to debate my Ivy League degrees with your grade school education (based on your writing skills) any day. You are so pathetic to try to squeeze in your political ideology into something that has nothing to do with fitness. Perhaps your lack of mental fitness but certainly not physical.

You should also apologize correctly. "Sorry you were triggered" is a lame apology. What you should really do is apologize for your inappropriate post. Don't dump the blame on the person you felt was "triggered".

Snowflake signing off.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 03-09-17, 07:47 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post

Lurdes
I am sorry you feel that way. I don't. I appreciate the support, info I receive from this site. I remember a lot and I mean a lot of disagreements, insults when TA first materialized. That was a wild time but also interesting and everyone was posting like crazy. I think the moderators do a good job.
I am sorry that some don't feel comfortable here. I do and appreciate VF.
Closed Thread