Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-14, 08:35 PM  
violingal3

Wowza!!! They look fabulous - their hard work and discipline certainly shows!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 08:51 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Wow

Her Mom looks amazing, but I'm going to have to credit genetics as well. Not necessarily for her physique, but her skin. Most women that age have at least a little slackening of the skin of the body, age spots and some stretch marks. Her Mom doesn't appear to have those issues. That's either lucky genes at work or the lighting is very good.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 11:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I had one of her workouts in my wish list and deleted it, I think I'll have to put it back! Her mom looks amazing!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 01:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sylwia's mom looks fantastic! They both look great.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 05:36 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolobella View Post
Her Mom looks amazing, but I'm going to have to credit genetics as well. Not necessarily for her physique, but her skin. Most women that age have at least a little slackening of the skin of the body, age spots and some stretch marks. Her Mom doesn't appear to have those issues. That's either lucky genes at work or the lighting is very good.
I agree that she looks fantastic! And I agree with Joan that genetics plays a role, but I am going to give the lighting some credit here too. The first picture is posed better than the second. The second one shows more of what you'd expect given her age.

However, regardess of the way she is posed or lit, she should be proud. She looks great!
Old 07-30-14, 08:12 AM  
dixie

They both look unbelievable! Her mom is beautiful!!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 08:19 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
It's not genetics. It's the workouts that they do and the running. I have been doing Tonique for 5 years and these workouts have done wonders for my 58 year old body. I look close to what Sylwia's mom looks like and I have had 10 kids. That being said, all you have to do is look at Sylwia's older workouts and she looked good in them, but the body she has now has evolved over the years to what she has now. She did not look like she does now 5 years ago or even 3 years ago. It's been a real eye opener to me to see her body change as it has over the last 5 years. Tonique worked miracles on my behind and it's lifted to the max and rounded, so, no, I beg to differ, it's not all about genetics. Look at their two bodies closely and you will see they have similar bodies, but her mother has more of an hour glass shape and Sylwia has the straight up and down shape.

All that hard work and movement and watching what they eat has paid off. They work hard, I know, because I work hard doing Tonique and Sylwia is the sweetest most sincere instructor I have ever worked out with.

Cheryl
ITA. Of course, genetics plays some role in bone structure, height, skin tone, and complexion, but it's unfair to attribute their physiques entirely to genetics. Sylwia and her mom look great because of old-fashioned hard work and discipline with working out and nutrition. And the same (or similar) results are also achievable for women with different genetics if they are willing to work hard and stay motivated. I think Sylwia is such an inspiration, and it is so great to see how her workouts have kept both her and her mom looking so youthful!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 08:37 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
it's unfair to attribute their physiques entirely to genetics.
No one has credited their physiques entirely to genetics, only acknowledged that genetics play in.

It's not nature vs. nurture; it's nature AND nurture.

Kudos to both of them for being examples of taking care of themselves!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 10:46 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
It's not genetics. It's the workouts that they do and the running. I have been doing Tonique for 5 years and these workouts have done wonders for my 58 year old body. I look close to what Sylwia's mom looks like and I have had 10 kids. That being said, all you have to do is look at Sylwia's older workouts and she looked good in them, but the body she has now has evolved over the years to what she has now. She did not look like she does now 5 years ago or even 3 years ago. It's been a real eye opener to me to see her body change as it has over the last 5 years. Tonique worked miracles on my behind and it's lifted to the max and rounded, so, no, I beg to differ, it's not all about genetics. Look at their two bodies closely and you will see they have similar bodies, but her mother has more of an hour glass shape and Sylwia has the straight up and down shape. All that hard work and movement and watching what they eat has paid off. They work hard, I know, because I work hard doing Tonique and Sylwia is the sweetest most sincere instructor I have ever worked out with.

Cheryl

Yes, Sylwia and her mom look amazing, no doubt!

But, Cheryl, YOU are my new hero and inspiration. WOW! Thanks for sharing!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 11:17 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Ha! I had the exact opposite thought... That no amount of Tonique workouts would make me look like that because, obviously, there's something to said for her good genetics!
right? I'm with you ALison! Me and my mom are not built like that! ha haha
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote