Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-14, 03:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
So I get from this that the lawyer, paralegals, and court reporter had their "this smells bad" alarm go off.

Maybe we are just more cynical than most.

But as a court reporter, I am used to only getting half the story so it makes no never mind to me.
LOL! That's funny because I used to be a paralegal so maybe that's why this bugs me so much--and I never even ordered from them!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 05:07 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
Let's look 4 the purple banana 'til they put us in the truck!
Hahahahahaha! Let's go!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 05:16 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
So I get from this that the lawyer, paralegals, and court reporter had their "this smells bad" alarm go off.

Maybe we are just more cynical than most.
Yes to both.

I don't think it's even necessary to analyze this because it's pretty simple. It was a misrepresentation (aka lie).

In any event, I hope Collage stays in business and keeps being a good resource for vidiots like us.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 05:52 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
Let's look 4 the purple banana 'til they put us in the truck!
Oops, Joni.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 06:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

That picture is really screwing up my iPad screen. It's so big that it's making all the posts too tiny to read!

Awww. You didn't have to do that. Thanks.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 06:59 PM  
juberann

While I am following this thread and was a little sad to see Collage "go out of business" I got over it quickly. I have been ordering from Mary back when she was strickly ihula on eBay and have never looked back.
So, if Collage stays or goes, it really doesn't matter to me
Old 04-10-14, 11:12 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Ah but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Yes to both.

I don't think it's even necessary to analyze this because it's pretty simple. It was a misrepresentation (aka lie).

In any event, I hope Collage stays in business and keeps being a good resource for vidiots like us.
.....was the misrepresentation intentional or did an unanticipated 11th hour event save them? That's the analysis. Calling it a lie seems premature. There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:13 AM  
msladybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump Higher View Post
Collage Video has been such a great and honest business for so long -- like 27 years? -- it doesn't make sense they would suddenly become dishonest and/or "manipulative." I'm not going down that road. I've purchased from CV for at least 20 years and never had a bad experience with them.

Clearly things were frenetic as they were planning to close and running a massive sale. I had a couple order issues during the sale, but when I contacted Jill Ross she was very polite, very responsive and corrected the errors. During one of my phone calls to adjust an order during the closing sale I spoke with a lady who had worked with them for 20 years. She also was extremely nice and helpful, and was sorry they were closing. Many of us kept asking them to please not shut their doors. Maybe they've decided to make a new start. I hope so.

Collage Video is the only online fitness dvd store that I know of that has a certified personal trainer do each and every workout and write their own description of the workouts. I'm guessing they have to pay for that. They have far more reviews than the others, which has always been extremely helpful to me.

I would love to see Collage Video do "Deal of the Day" like Total Fitness DVDs, and other fun things like that. Glad they are staying open, and I hope it's the same owners.
This
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:38 AM  
marya

Just read the following on Total Fitness Forum:

lildebbie121 wrote:
Many have posted that Collage put one over on them, but I don't think that is what happened at all. I called Collage today to find out what was going on. I asked if they were staying in business. The woman on the phone said they weren't, but the new company that bought them out would be in business. The new company bought the "Collage Video" name, grid and website address. No one was able to keep their job. The new company is on the East Coast and keeping any former employees was not part of the deal. The new company just wanted the name, grid and website. I believed her.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 04:21 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Just read the following on Total Fitness Forum:

lildebbie121 wrote:
Many have posted that Collage put one over on them, but I don't think that is what happened at all. I called Collage today to find out what was going on. I asked if they were staying in business. The woman on the phone said they weren't, but the new company that bought them out would be in business. The new company bought the "Collage Video" name, grid and website address. No one was able to keep their job. The new company is on the East Coast and keeping any former employees was not part of the deal. The new company just wanted the name, grid and website. I believed her.
I was afraid that was what had happened. That's why I used the word "new" in my post to describe Collage's return. I wonder if they're going to carry Beachbody products as well as the other workouts, like Mary does at her site. That was my first guess when they said they were going to carry more workouts. Of course, I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology, so I don't know how many downloads are out there.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage