Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-10, 08:35 AM  
magmolmacmom

Smile PE teacher seeking video donations for School Fitness Library - UPDATE

Good Morning!
I want to start this thread by saying I did contact Wendy regarding this post and she gave me permission to post this.

I am a k-3 physical education teacher in a school in Blue Island, Illinois. We are a very health-oriented school that promotes fitness and healthy eating along with reading, writing and arithmatic. We were awarded the Bronze Award through the Alliance for a Healthier Generation in 2007 for our efforts. One of the things I am working on this year is a creating a Video Fitness Library for our staff and also the families of our students. We are a lower income school so we don't have money to fund this on our own so we are seeking donations. I have donated several of my workouts to the library but we are looking for more. If you would be willing to donate any workouts it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay for shipping but you would get a personal thank you. If you would like more information about our school you can go to district130.org. My school is Paul Revere Primary.

If you are interested in donating. We will accept either DVD or VHS. Any types of workouts are welcome but some good beginner type of workouts would be really appreciated because we want to encourge people who are new to exercise along with people who might want to try something new. Kids exercise videos are also welcome.

I thank you for your time and your consideration. If you are interested in donating please e-mail me or pm me for the address. I would also be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Again, thank you!

Here is an update on the project as of November 22, 2010. Thank you again for all the donations. When I finally got a chance to unpack and organize the dozens of boxes I received I ended up with over 200 DVD's and over 150 VHS tapes. AMAZING! Thank you so much! I organized them into categories in my office and sent out the information to my staff. It's been a lot of fun welcoming staff into my office and answering their fitness questions and advising them on workouts. These have definately been put to good use! In fact we had parent/teacher conferences a few weeks ago and a parent came to me concerned about her daughter's weight. After a discussion regarding the child's activity level she told me that the child likes to dance. I was then able to show her all the workouts we had in our "library" and she checked out two kids related workouts to bring home for her daughter to try. The mom was so thankful that I shared those with her. I've recently had some inquiries about donations but at this point I cannot accept any more for lack of room. Again, I thank you for offering! I tried to keep track of everyone's addresses to write out "thank yous" but I have not gotten to that yet. I know a couple people asked about tax letters. I'd be happy to get those to you but may have lost that information somewhere along the way so you may want to pm me to remind me. Thanks to all of you for making this such a success and for giving other the opportunity to become more active!

Last edited by magmolmacmom; 11-22-10 at 07:43 PM. Reason: update
magmolmacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 10:39 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Perfect timing! We just did a somewhat belated spring cleaning at our house over the weekend, so I now have a pile of exercise DVDs that need new homes. I'll take a look through and see what might be a good fit.

Great project -- good luck with it!
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 11:06 AM  
Ann1964

sent you an email- have vhs tapes and a few DVDS that you can have
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 11:19 AM  
magmolmacmom

Thanks for your help in this process! Myself, the staff and our families are very appreciative!
Old 08-09-10, 11:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Woo hoo! I was just wondering what I was going to do with that stack of VHS tapes. I'll look and see if I have any DVDs to go along with them. I'm happy to contribute to what looks like a great cause by an organization that is committed to it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 11:35 AM  
Gatorfan76

Hey Sherri!

Just PM'd you!!
Old 08-09-10, 11:39 AM  
ooty

Ditto what Laura wrote.

Kudos to you for taking this on!
Old 08-09-10, 06:34 PM  
cardiomama

I sent you a PM, ditto to all that's been said. You are awesome for organizing & handling this for your school.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 08:01 PM  
mbenson

hi sherri just pm'd you to get the address. I have a few I can donate. thanks.
mbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 08:04 PM  
Buzzer

I have some Firm Basics VHS I can donate! I'll PM for the address... I love them, donating them to Goodwill makes me worry they won't be appreciated, but donating to a Vidiot lets me know they are in good hands!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donations, library