Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > VFer News & Events

Old 08-03-07, 06:52 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Some news from Beth (toaster)

I am posting this on Beth's behalf, as I've done for a few others that have been in a somewhat similar situation:

Quote:
I have some exciting news to share! I have been asked to be the "official" yoga media reviewer for iHanuman.com, a new online community of yoga teachers founded by Tilak Pyle, Sara Pope, and Peter Agelasto. The site is dedicated both to trying to make a difference in the world and to helping the community members to promote their teachings, including through yoga media. iHanuman's Digital Download Store features both free and purchasable yoga media (some of which are already commercially available, such as Tilak's Yoga: Altar of the Heart), with part of all proceeds donated to charity. For the time being, my reviews will simply be featured first on each product page, but eventually, they will be placed under an "editorial reviews" heading, and I will be given my own profile page as well.

I am so honored to have been chosen for this (unpaid) position! Tilak, my
contact person at iHanuman, told me that he, Sara, and Peter spent a lot of time reading through my Amazon.com reviews (I’m a Top 100 Reviewer there, for those of you who haven’t noticed this in my sig line), and they chose me because they were “impressed” with my ability to write reviews that are “descriptive, balanced and thorough.” The iHanuman store went live today, so you can read some of my reviews that are already posted to see if you agree.

Just so you know, I’ve discussed my new role at iHanuman with WWWendy, and we’ve agreed that in addition to the disclosure information in my profile, I'll post a disclaimer at the start of any reviews for iHanuman products that I write for VF as well. I think that the yoga lovers here will really like the new iHanuman site, and I hope that VFers will continue to enjoy reading my reviews both here and there in the future.

Beth (toaster)

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-07, 07:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

congrats beth!

~jeannine

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-07, 08:19 PM  
ooty

Congrats Beth! Cheers to you. You so totally deserve it and I have seen the service aspect of ihanuman.. thye really seem to be intend on doing a lot of good.
Old 08-03-07, 08:20 PM  
ooty

Congrats Beth! Cheers to you. You so totally deserve it and I have seen the service aspect of ihanuman.. they really seem to be intend on doing a lot of good.
Old 08-03-07, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Jeannine and Ooty! It's nice to know that they thought so much of me, and it has been fun corresponding with Tilak.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-07, 08:28 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Congratulations, Beth. I can't think of a better person for the job.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-07, 08:32 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Beth - you are definitely one of the great reviewers so I wanted to add my congratulations too. Bravo!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote