Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-24, 03:17 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’m more of a more noise, the better kind of person when I’m upset. Anything to distract me. Got the tv going constantly and even have the tv going when I’ve got the DVD player going doing a workout. Too much silence let’s bad thoughts into my brain.
Yes, I am the same way. I have had music or tv on 24/7 for the past 39 months.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 05:16 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Jessica has a sister!

I started scouring through Jessica’s YT workouts to see if there were any that I want to revisit now. I found a prenatal workout that looked nice for post surgery. It turns out her sister Courtney is in the video. I didn’t know she had a sister! She looks quite a bit like their mom. I enjoyed the workout too!!
Peanut was as cute as ever too. ��

https://youtu.be/0J4N2uNqwx4?si=UIMNpOdGPEV6JxYK

I will be doing quite a bit of Jessica in the upcoming weeks!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 06:43 PM  
Leonana

I remember that one! I liked it for a nice, more gentler workout. I believe there are prenatal and postnatal workouts.
Old 03-23-24, 08:29 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Loverly, so sorry for all the challenges you have faced and for your loss. Sorry to others as well that have experienced loss and difficult circumstances. Have you ever tried Restorative Yoga? It is all about healing. Peloton has a free class in their offerings. They offer lots of great restorative yoga classes if you decide to subscribe. If you can’t stream, an exceptional DVD that is also dirt cheap is Element Beginner Level Yoga for Toning, Stress Relief, and Flexibility featuring Alanna Zabel. It was $4.99 on Amazon last I checked which I think is bonkers for such a great video. In fact, it’s my favorite restorative practice when I’m not doing my own. Grieving is a process and you just have to try to stay afloat and ride the waves without drowning. It won’t last forever even though it sure does feel like it will. Please know that how you are feeling is normal. You have community here and you are not alone. Sending big hugs your way…
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 07:54 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly7 View Post
I think my biggest problem right now with any indoor exercise is that the music is always upbeat and the vibes are always upbeat…and that’s great most of the time, but I can’t handle all that right now. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to gently restart? Are there any good YouTube fitness options for grieving or healing or comfort?
I also recommend Jessica Smith, especially for walking indoors. Here are a couple I like:

CARDIO Wake Up + Walk (2 Miles) - 30 min

1-Mile Walk and Talk: Let's Move! - 16 min

She has a bunch of 1-mile Walk and Talk videos, so you might find one you like better.

1-Mile Walk and Talk Series PLAYLIST

For dance, you may want to try dance conditioning instead. Pilates, barre, ballet, etc. are more likely to have more neutral music/vibes. I like Mari Winsor pilates, especially her 20-minute Workout and Bun & Thigh Sculpting (also about 20 minutes). I find they're not too taxing when I'm feeling down. Classical Stretch/Essentrics also have some 30-minute (or shorter) workouts on YouTube to try.

Classical Stretch

Essentrics

For kickboxing, I suggest Fitness Blender workouts:

Fitness Blender kickboxing workouts

For yoga, I like to follow the Yoga with Adriene monthly calendar. I don't have to think about which yoga practice to do that day. Following the calendar and doing daily walks is a gentle way to restart.

Yoga with Adriene calendar

Yoga with Kassandra and Sarah Beth Yoga also have nice practices for grief.

Yoga with Kassandra

Sarah Beth Yoga

I hope you find something that works for you and you start feeling better soon.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grief, restarting