Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-21, 08:11 AM  
buffmama

'Buyer' beware: Almost face planted on the Renegade rows at the end of today's workout with the same weight I usually use. Humbling for sure.
Old 05-11-21, 10:22 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
'Buyer' beware: Almost face planted on the Renegade rows at the end of today's workout with the same weight I usually use. Humbling for sure.
I had multiple rounds of renegade rows today as well. 20's were tough but doable.

Some days you just don't feel as strong.
Old 05-11-21, 03:36 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I had multiple rounds of renegade rows today as well. 20's were tough but doable.

Some days you just don't feel as strong.
20s are not doable for me. I use 15s and today that didn't go quite as well as it normally does. With the complexes the high amount of time under tension takes me to failure on more than one move.
Old 05-11-21, 07:06 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
20s are not doable for me. I use 15s and today that didn't go quite as well as it normally does. With the complexes the high amount of time under tension takes me to failure on more than one move.
We did totally different workouts, so 15s would make sense for a longer upper body only workout. Mine was 35 minutes alternating back and hammy/butt.
Old 05-12-21, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
We did totally different workouts, so 15s would make sense for a longer upper body only workout. Mine was 35 minutes alternating back and hammy/butt.
You still get bonus points for picking up the 20s. I'm not sure I would have.
Old 05-12-21, 08:13 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
You still get bonus points for picking up the 20s. I'm not sure I would have.
I was even tempted to grab the 25s, but I knew the class would build, and I would regret it. I am hoping to use the 25s for RDLs and rows by the end of HEAT.

The newest Katja pilates is a MUST DO. Dare I say favorite pilates class ever?
Old 05-13-21, 07:52 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
I was even tempted to grab the 25s, but I knew the class would build, and I would regret it. I am hoping to use the 25s for RDLs and rows by the end of HEAT.

The newest Katja pilates is a MUST DO. Dare I say favorite pilates class ever?
I have a hard time isolating my glutes and hammies doing RDL. For the first time ever I am having more luck but really have to pay attention to it. I think I'm going to write out the different versions of EPIC. I'm curious how they compare and am wondering how to combine them to get the best of all. Isolated small muscles, mirror muscles (front of the shoulders?), and overworked muscles (quads) is annoying me.

Noted about the Katja class, thank you.
Old 05-13-21, 10:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I've been knocked out with fatigue and headache the last two days but am feeling better tonight. Tuesday night I barely slept so I ended up sleeping most of yesterday till around 3. Today I slept in and took two naps. The headache finally went away this evening, thankfully. Nothing I took for it helped. Yesterday we didn't walk at all, today we did three walks but all were short. Fingers crossed I will back to normal tmrw. It's bothering me being off schedule and not hitting my step goal!

Friday, Monday and Tuesday I did workouts for Murph training, Run With Hal app, Lauren Brooks' Push, Pull, Swing challenge and paper workouts, along with the glute warmups and yoga stretches I've been doing. Saturday we were in NE for a Ren Fest and Sunday was one in IA. It was an emotional wknd missing our moms and hard driving the route I hadn't driven since the last day my mom was alive, but I made it through.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - I just looked up what a Murph is - really?! Now I gotta ask to see what the training you're doing looks like. You know, inquiring minds want to know. Especially considering you're doing Lauren Brook's challenge too.
(Sadly I will also confess to pulling up a map of the USA to get an idea of how far you traveled for the RenFest.)

Sandy - Looked at some workout hotel pilates and added them to my playlists by time. Are they worth adding in or generally not standouts?
Old 05-14-21, 07:52 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Vannie - I just looked up what a Murph is - really?! Now I gotta ask to see what the training you're doing looks like. You know, inquiring minds want to know. Especially considering you're doing Lauren Brook's challenge too.
(Sadly I will also confess to pulling up a map of the USA to get an idea of how far you traveled for the RenFest.)

Sandy - Looked at some workout hotel pilates and added them to my playlists by time. Are they worth adding in or generally not standouts?
The workouts are excellent, and I should do more of them. I especially like her workouts with props (ring, resistance loop, mini ball). Her voice and tone are a bit abrupt but don't really detract from the effectiveness.

Vannie, do you remember when we did a Murph way back on Collage Video forum? Ali did it with me at Terrace Oaks in 2009. I did one 2010 at home. I just checked my old logs.