Gemini2874
VF Supporter

St. John's Wort/feeling down

Thread deleted.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 04:30 PM  
Demeris

I hope you find something to help you with the menopause struggle; however,
through most of the history of this forum, supplements talk was not allowed.

So if you don't get any satisfactory answers, that's the reason.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 04:49 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I hope you find something to help you with the menopause struggle; however,
through most of the history of this forum, supplements talk was not allowed.

So if you don't get any satisfactory answers, that's the reason.
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I’ll delete.....
Old 04-26-21, 04:55 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Have you tried journaling your feelings? I think sometimes in middle age a lot of things from the past hit us and we get a lot of feelings rushing through us. The hormonal issues don't help. I find putting things on the page really does help.

If you do it on paper or the computer be sure and keep it private because you want to be able to express everything you're feeling uncensored.
Old 04-26-21, 05:23 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Have you tried journaling your feelings? I think sometimes in middle age a lot of things from the past hit us and we get a lot of feelings rushing through us. The hormonal issues don't help. I find putting things on the page really does help.

If you do it on paper or the computer be sure and keep it private because you want to be able to express everything you're feeling uncensored.
Thank you! Yes, I have tried that in the past and I can definitely revisit it. Thanks again for the reminder and suggestion!!
Old 04-27-21, 06:49 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post

I want to second this. There's a ton of research on how journaling relieves negative emotions and has a positive impact on physical health, too.

I would recommend looking into James Pennabaker's Writing to Heal and Kathleen Adam's Journal to the Self*.

*In the interests of full disclosure, I am a certified Journal to the Self facilitator.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 08:25 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
I want to second this. There's a ton of research on how journaling relieves negative emotions and has a positive impact on physical health, too.

I would recommend looking into James Pennabaker's Writing to Heal and Kathleen Adam's Journal to the Self*.

*In the interests of full disclosure, I am a certified Journal to the Self facilitator.
I will look into the references listed....thank you!
Old 04-27-21, 11:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
and Kathleen Adam's Journal to the Self*.

Demeris, this is so cool.

i suffered from a lot of hot flashes which lasted about 3-4 years! i just toughed it out by distracting myself. as far as feeling depressed, exercise was the main antidote to that, not just during menopause but in many other times of my life.

in early 2012, i was recovering from being hospitalized, and I started using meditation as part of my recovery, first in the hospital by following what I remembered from having previously explored it from audio CDs. i continued this process, and then borrowed more meditation CDs from the public library. meditation is overlooked a lot as a modality since newbies have some difficulty at first on what to expect.

another instant pick-me-up from anxiety is helping another person. it can be really small, but can really pay you back ten-fold.

i hope you feel better - the situation right now with the pandemic adds an unprecedented layer of challenges to people's lives.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 04:14 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Bzar, thank you for your contribution to this thread! I also meditate and do yoga.... finding both very helpful!

Tags
depression, menopause