Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-21, 11:41 AM  
TinaT

Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast

With the current thread about Cathe's upcoming release, it brings me to where I always land.... "should I try her?" Years ago I tried some of Cathe's step routines and maybe 1 of her strength. (we're talking many many years ago). Since I'm all about 4-limb/compound movement, they were not my cup of tea. But this morning, (due to the new thread), I checked out some of her workouts at Total Fitness DVDs. I came across LITE Series Metabolic Blast. So much compound movement!!! 😍 Crazy amount of premixes!! So, it begs to ask...

Is this doable for someone considered a solid intermediate? Are there other Cathe workouts like this? Do you use this one often?

I need to change up what I'm doing. My collection looks tired to me so I'm looking for new motivation without breaking the bank.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 11:57 AM  
T2B

Yes, weight selection determines how easy/hard this will be for you. I like this workout a lot but then I love all Cathe’s metabolic workouts. This one is definitely more intermediate and still a sweatfest, and doable for any level.

Cathe’s user guide for this series has a list of all the exercises in this workout, which may be helpful as well.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 01:05 PM  
angie_nrs

This is one of my 'go to' workouts when I want a solid workout without killing myself. I feel good when I'm done but not completely spent. It flows nicely and time flies by. I give it a huge thumbs up.

ETA.....I might actually be thinking about ICE Metabolic workout. I have that one pulled out for today b/c I know I like that one. Hmmm, now I'm wondering about the LITE one? I guess I'm gonna hafta try that one again soon too. LOL!
Old 04-20-21, 01:10 PM  
tiletha444

I agree with angie_nrs...Metabolic Blast is my "go-to" workout when I want to get a good solid intermediate workout. Another metabolic goodie is ICE Metabolic Total Body. Both the LITE and ICE metabolic workouts are my favorites!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 01:46 PM  
Tugger31

I just did this one this morning! Yes, totally doable for an intermediate. I used this as more of a cardio workout and just used 2's and 3's for weights. I also like Flex Train. To me that one seems to be a little more upper body focused than some of her other metabolic workouts, so it's a good balance. I also enjoy the metabolic workout from ICE, and the Supecuts workout from XTrain. Take the plunge!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 03:18 PM  
TinaT

Thanks for all the feedback. One thing I caught was there is an ICE Metabolic workout I better go check on as well.

ETA: I think ICE Metabolic is in the same vein as LITE Metabolic. Hmmm.... might just be what I need to challenge myself with.
Old 04-20-21, 03:48 PM  
zoegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. One thing I caught was there is an ICE Metabolic workout I better go check on as well.
Both of these are great! I am a solid intermediate. I usually do one of the timesaver premixes.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 05:09 PM  
TinaT

Zoegirl ~ I think with the premixes available, I don't feel quite so intimidated.
Old 04-20-21, 07:43 PM  
angie_nrs

I did the Lite Metabolic tonight b/c of this thread. It's less difficult than ICE metabolic. The weights are lighter and Cathe puts some breathers in there too. I'm not crazy about some of the lack of queing on this one, but if I did it more often, it wouldn't be a big issue. I added the Ab portion for a 50 minute premix. I liked it, but I prefer the ICE Metabolic w/o over this one. Some of the moves on both are the same or similar, but ICE uses a bit heavier weights than Lite, and is therefore more of a challenge if you match Cathes weights. I think I like the music on ICE better too.
Old 04-22-21, 08:00 AM  
TinaT

angie_nrs ~ Thanks for the comparison between the two. I think both look great! I was trying to figure out if Cathe ever uses a modifier. I'm thinking she doesn't and that one of the reasons I get a little intimidated by her.

Tags
cathe, cathe ice, cathe lite, cathe metabolic, flex train, ice reviews, ice series, intermediate workouts, lite reviews