Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-21, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today in this lovely spring weather. I have plumber#2 coming today to assess the bathroom situation.

PENGUIN, good to see you found a couple more youtube instructors that you enjoyed.
I was tired this week thinking it was the time change but I'm sure it could be a little allergy reaction too now that you mention it. We don't have anything blooming yet but my sister said the allergies are really bad this spring so there ya go.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 06:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did Cara Silversmith's Ballet Inspired LB workout. I saw this one the other day and thought I would save it for today. It was a bit longer than I like at 37m but with all the rests and explanations I'm sure it was much shorter even before I skipped the abs section. Next was Fitness with Cindy's 30m Zumba workout. a repeat, I think I've done all her cardio workouts already.

SB, the neighbors have a big bradford pear that blooms mid march so I should have thought of that before. I'm feeling better today but I've been inside for 4 days also.

Still tired and I keep changing from pants to shorts, turning on the fans turning off the fans. Gah! I wish the weather, or me!, would make up its mind!

Mom has a colonoscopy tomorrow, the good news is that once you hit 80 they don't do them anymore, so this will be her last! she's excited about that!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk today. Another lovely spring day, we're getting spoiled.
I'm sure it will all go down the tubes very soon. LOL. Maybe I'll add on but who knows. Plumber #2 was a no show!
He did tell me he's very busy and that's fine but just shoot me a call to say you can't make it. Oh well.

PENGUIN, another nice workout day it seems. We're still quite a ways from shorts weather here. Good luck to your mom on her LAST colonoscopy.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 03-24-21, 07:53 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Mostly walking for me, although I did do AmyB's Athletic step one day.

SB- That's a rude plumber. I guess business must be booming these days if he treats customers like that! Great weather for walking here, too. I think we revert to more seasonable temps next week, though.

PP- Sorry about your allergies, although the vision of blooming cherry and pear trees is very nice from my perspective.

Today, I will go for another one hour (approx) walk, then off to physiotherapy.
Old 03-24-21, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

I went to a little neighborhood near where I usually walk just to change up the scenery a little. I'm not sure if I'll walk today since we have some rain coming in. I'll see how it goes.

NORA, lotsa good walking for you too.
How is the PT going? Yeah I really don't get the plumber situation. This second plumber was highly recommended by my BIL who works with him a lot from the condo association.

Waves all around. Have a great day!
Old 03-25-21, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

YT - Pahla B Simple Strength

The rain didn't start until later in the day but it was gray and damp and I just didn't feel like walking in that so I did Pahla instead. I am planning a walk today.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 03-26-21, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk today.

Have a great day!
Old 03-26-21, 04:31 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, it's still all about walking for me. today and yesterday were one hour walks.

SB: My PT is going well. I feel like I'm at 75% recovered. I have an x-ray next week to see if I can move on to the strength part of PT. Sure hope so!

Waves to PP. I hope all's well with you.
Old 03-26-21, 06:55 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I tried more new people today. I started with Alex Crockford's Dumbbell Arm blast. This is apparently one of his few follow along workouts so I may not do him again. If he hadn't had such a nice accent I might not have stuck with the first one, it wasn't bad but only did Biceps and Triceps. Of course he didn't mention that until we had started and he repeated sets. I added on another workout DB Chest Shoulders and Arms to round out the UB work. Again repeated sets and I had to improvise because by Arms he meant Triceps, which were already fried. Next I found Brand Fitness' 3500s 80's walk. this was pretty good, no verbal cueing but easy to follow and pretty fun.

Nora, I hope your PT is going well. Glad to hear that you are getting out to walk and adding in step workouts.

SB, glad to hear the weather cleared enough so you could take a walk.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

44 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today.
It was very windy yesterday, things flying around all over the place, but it was around 80 degrees!! Weird. We're getting more normal temps today and I think downright chilly this coming week. Ah spring.

NORA, good job on the walks and good news that the PT is going well. Hope the x-ray brings further good tidings.

PENGUIN, nice job exploring more new instructors.

Have a great day!!