Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-21, 03:53 PM  
Cerulea

I've been enjoying Cardio Step Mix and Super Cardio recently. I also loved the Power Cardio one with Dale (not sure if that's the right name) and Maximum Cardio with Carissa.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 04:47 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
What a fun system! Do you ever land on something you’d really rather not do or do you love them all?
Honestly, I love them all, and for those I'm not as fond of, I try to tell myself there's still a reason I like the FIRM system and have stuck with it, and that I'll find something to enjoy with every workout, even if just for a minute. If a particular move is truly not vibing with me that day, I just modify to something else. It's sort of the idea that the moves that you most resist are probably the ones you really should be working on more. The fact that the FIRM and related systems (KickButt/FitPrime, TLT, etc.) don't fill me with dread is that they mostly avoid stuff I already don't like, like burpees and mountain climbers and super explosive moves, except for the Express and Zip trainer systems (and those are so short that I can manage even the tough moves).
Old 02-26-21, 05:29 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

So, I went with Volume 4 and it was just right. I really enjoy Kai and all that 80s sunniness. And because I’m in that zone right now, I’m already looking forward to Cardio Split on Sunday.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:33 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulea View Post
I've been enjoying Cardio Step Mix and Super Cardio recently. I also loved the Power Cardio one with Dale (not sure if that's the right name) and Maximum Cardio with Carissa.
I bow to your cardio abilities! I did Maximum Cardio this week and it wiped me out. In a good way, but I’m not looking forward to doing it again just yet. . I’d love to do Cardio Step Mix but it’s one of the ones I don’t have and haven’t been able to find it on DVD yet.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:42 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I bow to your cardio abilities! I did Maximum Cardio this week and it wiped me out. In a good way, but I’m not looking forward to doing it again just yet. . I’d love to do Cardio Step Mix but it’s one of the ones I don’t have and haven’t been able to find it on DVD yet.
Maximum Cardio is a tough workout. At the end with the weight work Carissa is sweating and breathing hard! I definitely have to be prepared for this workout (and Cardio Burn). I am also hoping to find Cardio Step Mix on DVD, but is it that much different from Tough Cardio Mix?
Old 02-26-21, 09:27 PM  
Cerulea

Quote:
Oh, I modify a whole lot of the impact, especially in Super Cardio, but in all of them really. I used to do more of the jumping but honestly these days I would just rather not!

Maximum Body Shaping was another one that I loved back in the day. May have to dust that off soon.
Old 02-26-21, 09:31 PM  
Cerulea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Maximum Cardio is a tough workout. At the end with the weight work Carissa is sweating and breathing hard! I definitely have to be prepared for this workout (and Cardio Burn). I am also hoping to find Cardio Step Mix on DVD, but is it that much different from Tough Cardio Mix?
I don't think I ever had Tough Cardio Mix, so I can't compare them...but Cardio Step Mix is good for steady state cardio. It's long and I don't typically finish the whole thing. After 45-50 minutes I'm good :-)
Old 02-26-21, 09:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
So, I went with Volume 4 and it was just right. I really enjoy Kai and all that 80s sunniness. And because I’m in that zone right now, I’m already looking forward to Cardio Split on Sunday.
Oh good!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revisiting the firm, the firm