Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-21, 08:02 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of Jan 17

Starting another week for us!

Workout Friday was Cathe Rhythmic Step warm-up and combo #1, Perfect Pump Lower Body Bonus and Bonus Stretch. Yesterday’s workout was Leslie 3 Mega Miles.

JBliff - Joseph will go into the office probably for about a month until he learns how things work there and then he will probably work from home maybe 3 days a week. We have to figure out where he will do this at since our house doesn’t have a spare room for him to use as an office. His room is a mess so it is going to take some straighten and rearranging some where before then. Right now most of the people who work there are working from home too so it shouldn’t be too much risk with him going into the office while wearing masks.

Karen - Good to hear your DH had no side effects from his first vaccine.

Waves to Gibbee & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 01:31 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town with DH and Fit Split Low Impact/Metabolic Conditioning.

Cher
- That's great Joseph doesn't have to be in the office but once a month. Maybe that'll be the incentive for him to clean up his room!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. I was going to rest today but decided to rest tomorrow because sometimes Mondays are so stressful. So I ran 4 very slow, easy miles with Peloton, a recovery run because we did 16 miles (run/walk) yesterday outside.

We have had a cold winter for us. 26 degrees last night. About 30 the night before. Last winter I don’t think we had a single hard freeze. It’s funny running in the cold—I have just about a load of laundry when done. Tights, underwear, socks, hat, gloves, sports bra, and 2 layers up top or 3 when it is in the 20s.

Cher that’s good that Joseph will be working from home a good bit. Most of my friends work from home now and love it.

Waves to everyone, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:31 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Tae Bo Get Ripped Advanced workout #1. It's been a lot of fun revisiting Tae Bo. I can hardly believe the Get Ripped workouts were released over 20 years ago!

Karjoy - Wow, that sounds pretty cold for Florida. I salute you for going running in that weather.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 01-18-21, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: just stopping in to say hi. Resting today. Our office and our county apparently have given all the vaccine we have at the moment and I guess we are just waiting for more. I will be able to get my second shot Thursday as they held some back for health care folks. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 06:44 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Perfect Pump Upper Lower Body combined premix. I really like this premix. It alternates sections of the 2 workouts.

My sister bought me some diamond art pictures and accessories so I’ve been doing those in my spare time since Christmas. Sort of useless because I have nothing to do with the pictures when I’m done but it is relaxing and enjoying doing it. I bought a few more to do from Amazon.

Joseph starts his job today. He works 3 half days and all day on Friday this week.

JBliff - Joseph has to go in every day this month for training. After a month he will have to probably work from home 3 days a week. It’s weird to think some of my favorite workouts are over 20 years old!

Karen - Our winter so far has been on the mild side and I’m loving it. I’m sure it won’t last all winter though. Our highs have been in the upper 20’s. Do Floridians have winter coats? I’m glad they saved shots for all of you to get your second vaccine.
Old 01-19-21, 09:11 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was PHA2 + Classical Stretch.

Cher
- Oops, I read your original post wrong about Joseph's work schedule. That makes more sense that he'll be trained at work first before working from home. Good to hear you've had decent weather. I'll have to try that Perfect 30 premix one day. It sounds good.

Karjoy
- Our vaccines are being used up as soon as they get here. There's a website where you can sign up for vaccinations but every time I've been on the site its says there are no slots left for the week and to check back next week. I've seen reports that the states are getting a lot less than they expected and we don't even have any in reserve.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, all.
Old 01-20-21, 06:02 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Live Timsaver Step Grooves.

Waves to everyone!
Old 01-20-21, 04:30 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + STS Ab Circuit yoga-based abs.

Cher - Are you subscribing to Cathe Live?

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 01-20-21, 05:06 PM  
Vantreesta

Sigh. I'm off the rails again. My father-in-law was tested on Monday and I have been worrying/planning/thinking since then and haven't worked out since Monday. Results came back covid positive today. He is in the high risk group. He is getting IV treatment tmrw morning so I'm thankful for that.

Monday I actually ran for the first time since Oct 6! It went well. I did wk1 day1 on the treadmill so it was just run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds, so only 8 run intervals, but my cardio was great and while I had some muscle discomfort there was no pain. I also did the next day of Lesley Fightmaster's challenge, the last two days of the Qi Gong challenge, a Tae Bo Express workout (the boot camp one, didn't care for it) and my PT exercises. Yesterday I shoveled for an hour.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote