Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-21, 09:26 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Today is a blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one. 1/3/2021

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 09:33 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is another gray, rainy, dreary day. We apparently had a lot of rain overnight. Yesterday afternoon, the sun came out for a short time and we made it out for a walk. Today, I will pick up an order at Walmart. Other than that, we'll hang out and I'll try to get some stuff done around the house. We have a monster laundry load that needs to be done. And if it dries out some, we may take another walk.

Have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-03-21, 10:20 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

In looking for the theme this week, I found some New Year-ish themes that could work other times. So, here they are for the record.

Crone Cronies - May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions! 1/xx (next week?)

Crone Cronies - Celebrate endings - for they precede new beginnings. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - It is never too late to be what you might have been. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - You are never too old to set goals or dream new dreams. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - You are never too old to reinvent yourself. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies - Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely. 1/xx/xxxx

Crone Cronies-Climb the mountain to see the world, not so the world can see you. 1/xx

Crone Cronies – In a year, you’ll weigh more or less than what you do right now. 1/xx

Crone Cronies - The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. 1/xx/xxxx

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-03-21, 11:24 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, thanks for getting us started and your suggestions for future titles - definitely helps!

I'm planning on walking Gus and cleaning the house to gather garbage for tomorrow's pickup. I've edited down on some Christmas ornaments that never make it onto my tree. I might also start repotting some orchids downstairs - got some media yesterday. I've got several that have grown LOTS and need division. I do have a nice cymbidium in bloom right now and a cattleya that will be blooming in a few weeks . Otherwise just more putzing - might read a book I got for my birthday months ago...

Laura, at least with rain you're not dealing with ice and slipping. This week we'll have a few days above freezing (warm spell here for MN) - kind of not looking forward to that as it will make some of the dirt paths I'm walking on (currently nicely packed snow) a slush nightmare.

Paula, you're right about the early start to decorating for Christmas - I had stuff up before Thanksgiving - usually I'm behind that date. I did a run in to the grocery store after my WRC work on 1/1 - store was definitely not very populated - kind of nice! My parents used to have a pear tree in the backyard and we'd get some - they were good for baking. I miss that about our old house - weird how many years have passed....

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - Yeah, I couldn't live where you do anymore. I'm glad someone likes the cold weather. You're definitely in the right place! Glad the theme suggestions will come in handy. I like posting them so I know where to find them myself.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-03-21, 09:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping day 27 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Day 3. DH and I did a neighborhood walk. Today was grocery day, not much to say about that. Puttered around the house in the afternoon.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, good theme. You said you had a pickup at Walmart today, do you find you're ordering/buying more "stuff" than you used to? I thought we were buying less, but I just realized how many orders DH and I have coming in from Amazon and I think we're buying a lot "stuff". On the othe we seem to finishing the month with more money than we used to. I think we're buying just as much "stuff", we're just not traveling or going out to eat as much. We still fly and boat but not as far and don't do overnight trips and all in all that's adding up to a savings. Even still we'll be glad to get back to feeling freer. When we do our morning walks we often discuss places we'd like to visit, take a road trip to, fly to, etc. But for now we have to be grateful that we're able to be out (while still distancing) because we have the plane and boat, it has to be enough for now. I liked the theme suggestions they all hit the spot so to speak.

Anita, I hear ya on not wanting it to warm up and then freeze again - perfect way to turn everything into an icy ordeal. I have an Africian violet that needs dividing. I haven't done it because I've never done it before and I'm afraid I'll hurt or kill the plant. Also I don't know what to do with the half I divide off. So I end up doing nothing. I remember when we lived near DH's grandmother. She had a big yard and had a variety of fruit trees and a vegetable garden. Boy did we always have good fresh fruit then. We visited the gravesites of his family this month and it's always emotional, so many years gone by in a flash and good people gone from your life. Good memories though. A friend of ours brother lives in your area - he just bought a house on a lake. Anyway he bought a snow dog - our friend sent us a video - looks as though it could be a lot of fun.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 09:13 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Pretty usual day of walking Gus, putzing around, and today doing some orchid repotting. I got the pots washed up yesterday. Might make a run to the hardware store to pick up some birdseed also.

Laura, I treasure having the four seasons and love my walks out in the four different seasonal environments here! It's just magical to take a walk in the woods after it snows - the sound gets muffled and the snow is pretty on the bushes and in the trees. I really don't think I could live in the Southern states without this. I also remember having a difficult time in central IL not having as much woods or hills - just flat fields.

Paula, I don't think I'm ordering much foodstuffs, but the price is up lots over the past ten years - week's groceries used to be around $100 and now it runs around $125-140. I don't think that reflects eating out much or less fancy ten years ago. I've not divided African violets to be able to help you - are there multiple centers of the plant in your pot needing dividing? I think of African violets as having a circular growth pattern around its center. I assume you're trying for one per pot. Yay on your brother's snow dog!

Anita
Old 01-04-21, 09:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene Breath Day 1. It was a nice day so we went flying and had a good day.

Anita, four seasons are nice. I enjoyed walking in the snow when I was in New Hampshire but I think I enjoyed it lots because I was only in NH for 10 days. I don't know that we're ordering more food stuffs, we're just ordering more "stuff" because Amazon is only a finger stroke away. I have no idea whether my African violets are circular root pattern, whether there are multiple centers etc. I don't know what I'm doing and thus don't do anything.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with a friend today - we'll probably redo some paths I did yesterday with Gus for the first time. I got two orchids repotted yesterday, but will get another in once I dump out the crud from yesterday.

Laura, thanks for getting the Cronies described in the General thread!

Paula, I don't order anything from Amazon if possible, I just have a anti feeling towards them when they closed down our Amazon bookstore (woman's bookstore that existed way before Amazon, themed for the women warriors of Amazon) many years ago. As far as the African Violets, I'm talking about the leaves on top - they grow in a swirl around the center - if there's multiple swirls in the pot, they can be divided; if only one huge swirl, then maybe it needs a bigger pot? Here's some info https://www.espoma.com/gardening/ind...%20items...%20. It's been a loooooong time since my mom had African Violets.

Anita
Old 01-05-21, 02:00 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was on VF yesterday posting and ran out of time before I posted in this thread and then I never made it back. Yesterday was a busy day with stuff around the house like laundry and cleaning the bathroom some, a tutoring session, and a potential new tutoring client who took up a lot of time with questions.

Today has been a lazier day. Mom and Dad called this morning and said that they had just put a pan of monkey bread in the oven and was I interested in coming over for it? Um, YEAH! So I went over and hung out with them for a while. This afternoon, I'll run errands - library, chiropractor, grocery store, and drop off a return at the UPS Store.

Anita - It would be nice if some of the people looking for a new check-in dropped in a tried us out.

Paula - I order from Amazon a lot. These days, I'm trying to stay off of it and only order things we need.

Laura's Workout Mantras: