Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-21, 06:01 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
That's it exactly. I don't mind if she's retiring, I just want to know.
YEP. If she wants to retire and spoil her grandchild good for her! But just tell us. I think we, who bought her product and well, supported her for decades now, deserve to at least know if she's retiring, cutting back, just taking a break for a couple months.
Old 01-06-21, 06:29 PM  
Gams

Well, if Jessica is unable to even tell us whether her new workouts are going to be on DVD, maybe Leslie is unwilling to make an even bigger announcement of her retirement. 😂
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 10:36 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Well, if Jessica is unable to even tell us whether her new workouts are going to be on DVD, maybe Leslie is unwilling to make an even bigger announcement of her retirement. 😂
What is it with these ladies who do walking workouts?!
Old 01-13-21, 09:00 AM  
ncl

FYI, Kari Anderson is still around and doing streaming workouts during the pandemic. I hope she will keep that going during non pandemic times. I have enjoyed her hi-lo, Reach and Reach the Barre classes.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 03:46 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I know it's wrong, but I felt like I had been deserted by Charlene Prickett when she faded off the exercise scene. At the time, I think someone posted that she had had a hip flexor injury--maybe it didn't heal well or took a long, long time to heal? I am sorry to hear about her husband.

I prefer Leslie to any of the other walk instructors, although I like Rocky from the Walk 15 set okay. It could be Leslie hasn't decided whether to retire completely or that she just doesn't want to film anymore, but she still teaches classes so she's not really retired?

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 10:46 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Hey, if anyone has the Walk At Home app, there was a "Heart Healthy Walk - 2mi" on Feb 1 that I assumed was the older American Heart Association walk, but it was NOT!

It was a new one, led by Leslie! I thought "maybe it's just an old one I haven't seen before...." --I've done that before. However, Leslie mentions that she's turning 59 in a few days. So I looked up her birthdate and behold, she is turning 59 FEBRUARY 14, 2021!!

So apparently she IS still on the scene!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 10:47 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Oops. Bad math.... she turned 59 LAST February. But at least then, she looked and sounded good and lead a workout.

Sorry, fake news!!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 11:25 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Susan, I love your posts!!
Old 02-05-21, 10:55 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I know it's wrong, but I felt like I had been deserted by Charlene Prickett when she faded off the exercise scene. At the time, I think someone posted that she had had a hip flexor injury--maybe it didn't heal well or took a long, long time to heal? I am sorry to hear about her husband.
I remember in one of her step workouts (maybe Living Proof where she and the backgrounders are all mid- to late- fifties) she talks about wanting to be an old lady in a retirement home still leading step workouts, so I had hopes she would continue for a very long time.

I can easily understand why anyone would not want to be a full-time fitness instructor forever or continue running a gym or fitness studio, but this line of work strikes me as something that lends itself to being done on a very part-time basis, particularly in the virtual world, health permitting. I know a couple of people who just teach a class once or twice a week. One does it is as a way to keep busy and active in retirement.

Of course, maybe some of these bigger names are just sick of it after a full-time career.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 01:08 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Of course, maybe some of these bigger names are just sick of it after a full-time career.
I feel like that may be part of what happened to Richard Simmons, perhaps with some added health concerns in there. He was emotionally incapable of just scaling back his involvement, he didn't want to prolong or second guess his decision, so I suspect he was just like, okay, gotta pull the plug now. I am DONE.

I imagine for some it's a fairly stressful career path. I've often considered getting my yoga certification once the pandemic is better and just doing it VERY lightly part-time. I think that's all I could handle.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone