Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-20, 07:34 PM  
SueT

Favorite KCM Workouts

Hi, everyone. I’d like to ask all of you what your favorite KCM workouts are. For the last few months I’ve been using Your Best Body, Body Shop, and the pyramid weight workout from Cardio Pump, and I’m slowly increasing my weights and getting stronger and really enjoying her workouts. I don’t have any of Kelly’s latest offerings, but I have all her older ones.

I have to keep everything low impact, but I’ve noticed the weight work I’ve been doing has really helped my knees, especially my right knee that had lateral meniscus surgery 6 years ago.

I find I’m getting nice results with a minimal time commitment from Kelly’s workouts, so I’m wondering if I should buy some of her newer ones. It’s hard for me to do online workouts in the small bedroom I’ve been using for my workouts since the pandemic, since my husband is still working from home. I’m relying on my DVD collection, so Kelly’s RAW workouts are out for now.

Thanks so much for any feedback or comments about Kelly’s workouts!

SueT
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 09:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Sue that's wonderful when you can tell a difference! Good for you!

My personal favorites of KCM are her muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit, Weights and Muscle definition titles (in that order). I love these workouts!

I haven't tried all but most of her offerings. I don't really care for her cardio or Kickboxing titles. Her combinations aren't fun to me. But to each his own, right?

I checked my notes on her latest, Super sculpt, and it's fast paced and has some impact options. Not my fave of hers. It's ok.

Hope this helps and others chime in!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 09:34 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I agree with Muscle Up/ Lift 2 Be Fit. I also enjoy Split Sessions.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Well you mentioned 3 of my favorites in your post. I also like the Powersculpting workout on her LIFT dvd. I also remember liking the weight workout on I think it was Strong & Lean, it had barbell, dumbbells and tubing which was really enjoyable. I don't have a barbell and substituting dumbbells worked fine. I think I remember liking the weight work on Sculpting Rx too.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 10:30 AM  
Gams

I am not someone who enjoys lifting weights. Before I discovered Kelly I had to really work hard to talk myself into doing a weight workout. I also don’t care for kickboxing, but I absolutely LOVE Kelly’s workouts. (I don’t remember which workout is which, so I started a grading system to help me remember how much I like each workout and I think the lowest grade I gave one of Kelly’s workouts was a “B” and then I had a bunch of A, A+, A++, and A+++ workouts. &#128516

I also like the fact that Kelly offers a big variety of heavy weight and light weight workouts. This morning I did the light weight workout from Total Body Kickbox. I LOVE that workout! I also like to mix and match workouts from her Body Design DVD. And when I’m really not in the mood for weights, I can always talk myself into the Trim and Tone workout from Build & Burn.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 11:51 AM  
prettyinpink

I don’t have a lot of hers, but the ones I really like are her first 30MTF Stepboxing, and TLC.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 05:18 PM  
Hsim

I don't know if you have these but I like the Athletic Conditioning workouts she did.

Also, I agree with most of the selections here.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 02:22 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Huge KCM fan here -- there seems to be something for every mood and not-sore muscle every day with her DVDs! My favorites, in no particular order:
Weights
Your Best Body
Body Shop
Split Sessions
Cardio Pump
Amped Up Cardio
Slim Sculpting
Strength & Stamina
Body Design
Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit
Build & Burn
Sculpting Rx
Cardio Quick Fix
New You Coming (NYC)
Strong & Lean
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 11:07 AM  
SueT

Thanks so much for all your responses, everyone! I hope Kelly has her usual New Years Day DVD sale. I want to buy the DVDs I don’t have yet!

It took me a long time to get back to Kelly’s workouts. I had to build up my knee strength slowly. After my knee surgery, I would try doing lower body workouts with weights, which always aggravated my knee more than helped it. I finally swallowed my pride and realized I had to do the movements with no weight or very light weights, and now both knees are much better. Doing Kathy Smith’s Project You workouts was a good way to do that. I tried Essentrics and Classical Stretch, but the plies seemed to aggravate my knee more.

So now I’ve been doing Kelly’s workouts with lighter weights than in the past, but at least I’m safely getting stronger!

Thanks again for all your responses!

SueT
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 11:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

SueT good for you finding a way to keep moving safely! Cheering you on in your safe journey with a great, big GO Sue Go!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, kcm, knee surgery