Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-20, 03:57 PM  
tangerine

Woohoo Jane - congrats on the new job! So nice to hear some good news in 2020.

T2B, I'm sorry to hear about your brother having COVID. I hope he is doing okay and wish him a quick recovery.

Beth, I also started looking for a job at the beginning of March, and then COVID hit so I know just how he feels. Glad to hear he is feeling more upbeat now.

Cher, sorry to hear she was in so much pain. I hope the next two treatments are better.

My husband's company was bought by another company at the end of Nov who hired back some of the people to run it again - he just got his new hire paperwork today yay - I'm sure this group must have some magic that works and all your good wishes helped immensely!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

tangerine that makes me so happy to hear so glad you posted that update! I will say a prayer of thanks !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:58 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - thank you. My brother said he started feeling better Tuesday. Most of his symptoms are gone. He said he woke up with a headache this morning but after taking a nap he was ok. He has no Tylenol, Aleve, aspirin, or Advil in his house. What? My brother is the type that won’t be honest about how he’s feeling until he is over whatever sickness he has. He was convinced that he had COVID last December when he got really, really, sick and took weeks to get over it. He said almost everyone in his office got sick last December. He took an antibody test last May but he had no antibodies and his test was negative. Not sure how long covid antibodies stay in your system.

Thanks for shout-out regarding Qi Gong! Ha... Almost done, think I will do another round. I ordered Tai Cheng from Beach Body because it was so cheap on BF. If I don’t like it, I will send it to my mother. I got the Deluxe kit, too. Also ordered another Yv2 to take to work and to take on road trips. I’ve used Yv2 so often that someone should green screen me in with the cast. I can do hammy and cheesy really well.

Also thinking about starting Beast in January. I miss seeing the informercial on t.v. I had it recorded on my dvr, and would watch it to get motivated to work out. The infomercial hasn’t been on tv in a very long time.

Cher - Hope your sister’s treatment went well this morning and that she’s not in a lot of pain tonight. Sorry to hear that your cousin is still in the hospital and that they don’t have a handle on what’s going on. Praying for him. Also, glad your BIL is better. I heard that one of the managers at my location has been out with COVID for 4 weeks now. None of the managers have been in the office since we started working from home. No one has said anything, which is weird to me, because she is well liked by everyone.

tangerine - good to see you posting again. I’m glad that you are over whatever sickness was going on with you. And very happy that your husband has his job back! That’s great news.

Jane - congrats on your new job. Hopefully it means “No HOSE for you!”. .

fanofladyvols - thank you, my brother is better. I love reading your responses on the forum. You’re so calm, soothing, and diplomatic, when needed.

Donna - my brother is doing better. He’s working from home for the next 10 days. I agree, very crazy and stressful times. It’s exhausting for sure.

Beth - so the infusion is only once a year? Glad you were back to feeling better after your Tylenol. Have fun with your rotation. I love XTrain and STS and like most of LIS. I’ve done XTRAIN so many times with great results every time!

bex - great job with your workouts!

Chrys - glad you had a good visit with your son. How’s it going at school?

Pat - your avatar picture is beautiful!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 11:44 PM  
amg

Cher - Thanks for updating on your cousin. I was wondering how he was but afraid to ask. I will continue to pray for him and your sister.

Tangerine - Great news on your husband's job! That has to be such a relief.

T2B - I need to pull out that QiGong DVD. In the past, I have used it right before bed to relax a little. Glad you have enjoyed it.

fanofladyvols - A set buying challenge sounds like much more fun than a no buying challenge. I went a little crazy buying DVDs recently knowing I plan a No Buy New Year's Resolution.
Old 12-03-20, 06:11 AM  
Cher

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers for my sister & my cousin. My sister seemed to do a bit better with her radiation treatment yesterday. Her doctor had her take a Motrin, 2 of her Steroid pills and some type of pain pill before she went this time. When she was done, she was able to go on with her normal day. She’s a toughie! Only one more to go tomorrow.

AnMrsDe, Back when I had my hip problems, I did some of Bob & Brad’s exercises. They are sort of funny.

Beth, I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. As for your brother, I understand exactly what he is going through. My DS has been looking for a job since last November and is having a very hard time trying to find one and feeling pretty beat up with the whole thing. Hopefully things start picking up for both of them.

Tangerine, Yay! Congratulations to your DH on the job!

T2B, so glad to hear your brother is doing better and didn’t get very sick. This is just crazy how Covid hits some people so hard and others barely know they have it. It’s sort of scary.

Jane, Congratulations on your new job! I must’ve missed that.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 08:00 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher I’m so happy your sister did better with this treatment, it sounds like they know how to handle the effects of it pretty well. I hope her last one goes just as well. Are you totally decorated for Christmas now? I wanted to do arrangements in my outside planters but then it just got so cold I lost my motivation to be out there.

TB2 Way to go on your Qi Gong. Are you doing the Lee Holden ones? I’m very intrigued. I hope your brother continues to improve! It’s just crazy how some people have such mild symptoms and others are so severe. I don’t want to find out which camp I fall into. I agree that it’s absolutely ridiculous when people come to work with symptoms. I don’t want sick people at work anyway!!

Tangerine I’m so happy that your husband got his job back. This is an awful time of the year to be unemployed. My husband was laid off at the end of our state lockdown and was thankfully reinstated a few weeks later. It’s just such a stressful situation to go through. I’m glad that everything worked out and I hope the new owners are good too

Beth It stinks that you got diagnosed with osteoporosis, but I’m sure your exercise habits have held it off. I think I would choose the once a year infusion too.

Char I love X-Train! I just think it Cathe’s best set! I’m not so crazy about Tabatacize, I like the idea of it but I just don’t think it’s that much fun. I even like the stupid sound a like music in it.

AnMrsDe WTG on your meditation!! You are inspiring and you make me feel guilty for not meditating too I’m glad that I’m not the only that took advantage of Black Friday deals!! Enjoy your Les Mills and Cathe downloads.

Bex I’ll have to check out Caroline’s Epic series. I know I’ll never do a whole rotation but I did like the couple workouts of hers that I did.

Dorothy and Clerkin Thinking of both of you!! I hope you’re enjoying the holiday season

Thank you all for the new job good wishes! I actually was offered a higher position yesterday! It’s a great opportunity but the thing is that I’ll be working different hours, very early morning and I know that it’ll take me a bit to get acclimated. So this month I’m just going to try to do something as soon as I get home from work. I know that I’ll be really tired so if I miss a day I’m going to try not to beat myself up about it and I’m going to just try to get enough sleep.

I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm out there!!!
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:49 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did CG Epic day 2 circuit. I used 12s and ended up working my way down to 8s by the end of the workout. What I love about her -- she works out in a small space with dumbbells, no extra gadgets other than bands and kettlebells. Amazing woman! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PNWgEKN8Bg. My plan today is to do the lower body day 1. So far, I feel great!

tangerine, that’s so exciting about your husband’s job. Hooray, an answer to prayer!

T2B, After looking over my rotation plan I decided to narrow it down to Caroline Girvan circuits and Cathe X Train weights. I’m tentatively thinking a week of circuits followed by a week of X-Train and switch them back and forth. Caroline’s rotation covers 10 weeks so this could keep me very busy!

I probably already mentioned this, but I succumbed to the barre 3 sale. I don’t remember prices ever being that low! Maybe there is a way I can pull in some of their spine strengthening exercises and core. I am probably not going to be doing conventional situps going forward so b3 core may be the answer.

AnMrsDe, yep, the infusion is once a year for 3 years. In two years I will have another bone density scan, and our hope is the t-scores will be greatly improved. Looking back, I believe every woman should know their bone density before going into menopause. I don't know why this isn't done earlier when there is a better chance of outcome. I’ve had low levels of vitamin D since we moved to Colorado, even after adding over the counter supplements. My doctor said it’s because of the high elevation. Family genetics didn't help Lol.

Cher, I’m so happy your sister did better with the second treatment! Only one more to go.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 07:32 AM  
Cher

Now, my aunt’s mother-in-law who lives in a nursing home just tested positive yesterday. She is 103 but you would never know she is that old. If you saw her you would think she’s in her 80’s! She is all there mentally. She just needs a little help showering and getting dressed otherwise she is good. Refuses to sit in a bed all day. Anyway, she is a toughie! So far she has no symptoms. They only found out because they had a few cases so decided to test everyone. It’s seems it’s always something lately.

Jane, Yes, we are done decorating for Christmas....thank goodness! . I really do not enjoy doing it so I try to get it done right after Thanksgiving so it can be up for a month before we have to take it all down again. You have a great attitude about working out with the new job. When I used to work, I had to leave my house by 5:30 am. I found the only way I would get in a workout was as soon as I got home and before I did anything else. Of course, there were definitely days that it didn’t happen because I was just too tired when I got home too. It happens and you have to just go with the flow.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 10:55 AM  
AnMrsDe

tangerine, so glad everything worked out for your DH's job!!

Cher, glad to hear your sister feels better and best of luck for her last treatment. I will be thinking of her. Sorry to hear about your aunt's MIL....it seems it's hitting so many we KNOW now....

Beth, that's so weird about the elevation of CO making a difference in your Vitamin D levels! Yes, genetics is certainly common but not that!

Jane, thank you! I can't believe it myself about sticking to the meditation! But once I scoped out my ideal time, it kind of became a habit. I think it was YOU who mentioned doing it first thing in the morning.... so thank YOU! Good luck with your new job....and is it true that you don't need to wear pantyhose any longer(!?) or are you still at your same work place but a new position?? Inquiring minds or maybe just nosy minds....

T2B, Beast sounds a like a great plan for January! If I didn't have so many subscriptions now that I think I NEED to use to get my $$ worth, I'd probably join you! Maybe I could do a couple, though, throughout the month. I've been missing Sagi!

~~~Waves to all and all our MIA's~~~ TGIF and have a great weekend! It's been a wonderful winter so far with no snow and unseasonably higher temps and lots of --- definitely can't complain!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:01 PM  
CharM

Tangerine, that's such good news about your husband's job!

Jane, congrats on the new job! I'm sure you'll find a way to squeeze in exercise. -- Each time I do an XTrain workout, I wonder why I don't do them more often. I like the music, too, and I don't normally notice music.

Cher, I'm so glad that your sister's second treatment was not as painful as the first. I can't imagine what she's going through. I'm keeping her and your nephew in my thoughts. And you're aunt's MIL! Wow! That's a strong woman.

Beth, *crossing fingers* that Reclast works for you. I'm glad that you're feeling better and the side effects were minimal.

Linda and amg, I challenge you to a set buying challenge! I'll bet you can find some good deals on ebay and I'll help you look.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts