Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-20, 05:36 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Thanks Kathy for the links. I was thinking about re-subscribing to BOD for the 10 rounds program but man he talked way too much in the workout on the link and it seemed slow. I don't know if I would work up a sweat or not. I like the format of 3 minute rounds but from what I watched the punching seemed slow and then you get 45 second rest between rounds.

The other programs didn't interest me. Why does everything seem to be so high impact.

Autumn also has a program control freak coming
https://soreyfitness.com/beachbody-2...freak-workout/
Lol Rhonda! At least his chit chat is form pointers so it can be useful! . There is usually a low impact modifier in the background.

Autumn did a sample “9 Week Control Freak” workout for Summit which is posted on BOD. It looked like a mixture of metabolic and HIIT moves. I’m on the fence about buying early access but I’m easily influenced by the email testimonials, lol!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 05:59 PM  
jazzy75

Thanks Kathy - that’s what I figured but was having some hopeful thinking. I find it too hard to justify when I own so many BB DVD sets and can play them at any time across the decades! I’m not big on some of the newer offerings and own the sets I want to do again and again so don’t need BBOD for those. There may be a gem in the newer ones but I’m too cheap too invest in a subscription to just try one or 2 new ones (and keep paying to access them). I’m just finishing a CLX rotation now and wondering about MBF - perhaps I’ll watch here for reviews and “splurge” if I’m tempted!
Old 08-02-20, 12:36 PM  
gigi

If I buy a BOD subscription, when will I have the option to buy early access to #mbf? I need a kick and shorter workouts.
Old 08-03-20, 01:03 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
If I buy a BOD subscription, when will I have the option to buy early access to #mbf? I need a kick and shorter workouts.
Here's the link to purchase MBF & MBFA:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/u...id=&offer=CTA1

Scroll to the bottom to see the access only and the access plus "BOD rope" if you're interested.

I think once you subscribe to BOD's annual subscription and log in, you should be able to purchase it.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:02 PM  
gigi

Thanks Kathy! I changed my mind. I may try a 3 month subscription again in December when the workouts are available. Every time I almost talk myself into a BOD subscription, I end up talking myself out of it. I opted to purchase the Peak 10 workout on line subscription since I can download and keep those workouts. I appreciate the info.!
Old 08-05-20, 07:40 PM  
sweetandsassy

Red face Do it if you want to try Barre Blend!

My twin sister has had the BOD subscription for about a year and a half now, but we both really ramped up using it because of the pandemic and the gyms being closed. I just finished the 8 week Barre Blend program and I LOVED it! It's the first rotation I've ever stuck with, even though I've stopped and started many.

I'm 32 and I've never been pregnant, but I just started the "non-natal" rotation for the Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend program Elise released on August 3rd. I loved it and I'm so sore today after doing the first day yesterday that I couldn't do anything.

If I were you, I'd check out the Barre Blend sample workout and see if you'd be interested. I personally love the personal development Elise says during the workouts because I feel like I could use some positivity during these times, but YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NMlJxcy4Y&t=1389s
sweetandsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 07:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsassy View Post
My twin sister has had the BOD subscription for about a year and a half now, but we both really ramped up using it because of the pandemic and the gyms being closed. I just finished the 8 week Barre Blend program and I LOVED it! It's the first rotation I've ever stuck with, even though I've stopped and started many.

I'm 32 and I've never been pregnant, but I just started the "non-natal" rotation for the Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend program Elise released on August 3rd. I loved it and I'm so sore today after doing the first day yesterday that I couldn't do anything.

If I were you, I'd check out the Barre Blend sample workout and see if you'd be interested. I personally love the personal development Elise says during the workouts because I feel like I could use some positivity during these times, but YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NMlJxcy4Y&t=1389s
I’ve been considering a BOD subscription for the Barre Blend program. I am way past the pregnancy stage in my life, but I am thinking that the prenatal and postnatal workouts would be a good intro to the full Barre Blend program. Can you tell me if they are over the top on pregnancy talk?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 07:57 PM  
sweetandsassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I’ve been considering a BOD subscription for the Barre Blend program. I am way past the pregnancy stage in my life, but I am thinking that the prenatal and postnatal workouts would be a good intro to the full Barre Blend program. Can you tell me if they are over the top on pregnancy talk?

Carol

I've only done Trimester 1: Workout A as part of the non natal calendar, so I can't speak for more pregnancy talk than that yet. However, even though Elise brings up babies a lot, the focus on safety and functional fitness (which reminds me of how much I'd like to stop being sore after I wash my 100 lb golden retriever) is helping me overlook that!

She is just as positive in the classic Barre Blend program, so I'd say if it doesn't bother you in the sample Barre Blend program, it shouldn't bother you in PPN Barre Blend. I'm also just amazed at how Elise went through her own personal struggle of never being able to conceive a child and she was able to create this program. I'm sure that was a huge challenge and admiring her strength and grace is a huge motivator for me too.

I'd also recommend following Elise on instagram at elisejoanfitness because she has posted a lot of stories about PPN Barre Blend. Many women have been sharing how they had their kids years ago and they still love and feel like they're benefiting from the post natal program.

Elise talks about her struggles with infertility here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283sWb_1Qtw
sweetandsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsassy View Post
I've only done Trimester 1: Workout A as part of the non natal calendar, so I can't speak for more pregnancy talk than that yet. However, even though Elise brings up babies a lot, the focus on safety and functional fitness (which reminds me of how much I'd like to stop being sore after I wash my 100 lb golden retriever) is helping me overlook that!

She is just as positive in the classic Barre Blend program, so I'd say if it doesn't bother you in the sample Barre Blend program, it shouldn't bother you in PPN Barre Blend. I'm also just amazed at how Elise went through her own personal struggle of never being able to conceive a child and she was able to create this program. I'm sure that was a huge challenge and admiring her strength and grace is a huge motivator for me too.

I'd also recommend following Elise on instagram at elisejoanfitness because she has posted a lot of stories about PPN Barre Blend. Many women have been sharing how they had their kids years ago and they still love and feel like they're benefiting from the post natal program.

Elise talks about her struggles with infertility here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283sWb_1Qtw
I was aware of her infertility struggles - so impressive that she would create this program for mamas to be!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 08:54 AM  
TinaT

We got BOD this year and already have decided not to renew next year. I thought I would getting totally into it and just didn't. I reach for my dvds 99% of the time. My husband said he wouldn't miss it if we didn't have it. I'm glad we tried it though.

We got it for about $100 for the year, (not sure what it is now), so I don't feel like I wasted much money. Good grief, I've wasted more money on all my trades, selling then buy the same titles again and again. LOL

Do what motivates you or you won't move. That's what I figured out for myself.

Good luck.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre blend, bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand