Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-20, 06:30 AM  
clerkin11

Thanks for the good wishes for my husband CharM, AMD, tangerine, Tammie ASAS and Dorothy!!

Men! ugh! is right CharM!

AMD, I have not been able to get my husband off soda! He had just spent a week with our daughter and she was giving him grief because all she saw him drink was coffee and soda. He thinks if he drinks Arizona iced tea he's doing amazing lol. He doesn't get the part about not drinking sweet drinks.
It's hard to convince him he needs to change because he's not overweight and he doesn't drink alcohol at all, so in his mind he's the picture of perfect health.
However, he did just turn 63 and you can't get away with the same stuff at 63 that you got away with at 55 (my age lol).

Dorothy, you are so smart to just put the ice out there for your DH! And a nice cooling cloth too?!?! Your husband is a lucky man!!

I'm going to be heading back to my daughter's tomorrow for another week. My plan is to work there but take an hour or two of vacation a day so I can cook, clean and hold baby Georgia so she can take a shower etc. She's surprised how hard it is to get anything done with an infant lol. This week's workouts will be pitiful.

Cher, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's mom!! The scary thing about covid is just not knowing how each person will react. One of my friends from work just got covid from her husband and while they waited a week for test results, she stayed home and quarantined while he went to work, to the chiropractor (where they don't wear masks), to the grocery store. He can say he stayed away from vulnerable people, but I don't know how he thinks he knows who's vulnerable. He's not a doctor or a psychic. It made me so mad!

Stay safe and have fun everyone!!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 11:53 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

T2B, so sorry to hear about your mom's friend. It really does bring everything home when it hits that closely.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:44 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
T2B, so sorry to hear about your mom's friend. It really does bring everything home when it hits that closely.
For sure. So sorry, T2B!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:50 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
CharM,... still takes me an hour to get the groceries done. I try to only go every two weeks so it's a bunch of items at a time and also quite a bit of stress to make sure I got everything I need since I can't just pop in.
I go once a week, alternating between two stores (I sometimes add in a third, but on the same day), but I still take forever due to one way aisles in one store and just trying to avoid people in the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Char - hola, you made my brain sweat.
Did you say that you don’t speak the language but you can understand it when spoken and written? That’s cool, too. It’s going to take a long time for me to get it but I’m enjoying trying! ... I think...
LOL Sorry about that, but you probably learned a word or two. And yes, I understand written and spoken Spanish, but have a heck of a time speaking it. I grew up with English speaking Mexican parents who forgot to teach us Spanish.
I'm sorry about your friend's mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You're funny CharM! Your Spanish is good btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Thank you, I am on the mend and able to start working out again!
That's good news! Not being able to work out can be disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
This week's workouts will be pitiful.
But you'll be with the sweet little one. The workouts can wait.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

Oh, and speaking of getting groceries...it gets a little tricky trying to buy for 2 families (for my family and for my parents). I have it down to an art, though, putting everything on my list in the order of the store shelves, starting in the cat food aisle, LOL. Half of the cart is my stuff, half is theirs...then the trickiest part is checking out and keeping everything straight! I'd be lying if I said I never screwed up and I paid for something of theirs (but my mom always paid me back and made it right). Add to that, she'd want some (this week's sale: $.99 strawberries) at Aldi's, plus dark chocolate, so I'd have to stop there too.... Add to that, I wanted some meat at another grocery store this week, so I ended up there too...Covid just makes all this 10x worse!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:03 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
T2BIt really does bring everything home when it hits that closely.
I was thinking this exact thing. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom too T2B, my condolences to both you and your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Oh, and speaking of getting groceries...it gets a little tricky trying to buy for 2 families (for my family and for my parents). I have it down to an art, though, putting everything on my list in the order of the store shelves, starting in the cat food aisle, LOL. Half of the cart is my stuff, half is theirs...then the trickiest part is checking out and keeping everything straight! I'd be lying if I said I never screwed up and I paid for something of theirs (but my mom always paid me back and made it right). Add to that, she'd want some (this week's sale: $.99 strawberries) at Aldi's, plus dark chocolate, so I'd have to stop there too.... Add to that, I wanted some meat at another grocery store this week, so I ended up there too...Covid just makes all this 10x worse!!!
Two families! Now that's dedication. I don't think I could do it. Checking out takes quite a while for me too, I try to sort by the fridge/freezer stuff together and not squish the bread or chips and so on. I use self-checkout so it's one less person handling everything.

CharM, I try to follow the arrows then get annoyed that other people keep not following them and by the end of the shopping I just give up and go the wrong way too. There are very few people when I shop though (like 1 person in an aisle, if that) so I think it's probably fine anyway.

Cases here have been rising steadily so I try to only go every couple of weeks. I hope things get back to normal at some point....who knows when.

Chrys, your garden looks lovely! I have a brown thumb so I am in awe of all successful gardeners.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 10:52 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio this morning, and spent the day working in the garden.
Tangerine, thanks for the complement. I love being outside working in the summer.
AnMrsDe, my DH shops for us and his dad. He keeps the two orders separate, like you do. I'm so glad there are folks like you guys, who take care of their parents.
T2B, I'm sorry about your friend's mom.
CharM, it is no fun to have to do shopping with conditions like they are right now.
clerkin, enjoy your week with the little one. They are so much fun, and they grow so fast.
ASAS, Jethro is pretty much back to his old self.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:47 PM  
T2B

Cher, AsSweet, clerkin, Dorothy, AnMrsDe, Char, tangerine, Chrys - thanks for the kind words. The interesting/sad thing about this whole situation is other people in that family caught the virus but they still invited people over to their house to pay their respects. I don’t get it. The state is a hotspot.

Char - I’m not too confident of my future Spanish speaking abilities if you find it challenging considering your family background. Ha. I have no shame so I don’t care if I sound silly. And I do. Just ask my daughter.

clerkin - enjoy the time with your daughter. Thank God for a job that allows you spend time with her with out taking too much time off. One good thing about working from home, can move home office, if necessary.

Chrys - Good job with Totally Hot Cardio. The music is great. I like the workout but towards the end it starts feeling repetitive. And, horror, not many steps for all that work. I get better step counts doing my beloved Yv2 workouts.

grocery shopping - I’m not sure if it’s best to go once a week or every few weeks. I feel like I spend way too much when I go every few weeks although it equals to what I would spend if I was going weekly. It’s never fun. Other than grocery shopping, my want, love, need, for random shopping has disappeared. This whole situation has made me realize how much I spent on stuff that I really didn’t need. But... if things ever return to normal, I’d spend a little extra to boost the economy.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 04:38 PM  
CharM

Sugar and T2B - if you really want to work your brain, try these fun videos. They have a few like, "Can French, Italian, and Portuguese speakers understand Spanish?" They switch around languages, of course, and it's fun listening and reading to see how much one can understand. For the most part, knowing Spanish can give you the gist of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcfYGLwF0rM

Chrys, I'd been meaning to comment on your garden. It's beautiful. All your hard work is certainly paying off. I have a brown thumb like tangerine.

I went grocery shopping today, and surprisingly, it wasn't a workout. The parking lot was full but everyone was spread out, so I didn't have to do my usual walks around other aisles to avoid people. It was probably my quickest trip in months.

take care out there!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 05:47 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
grocery shopping - I’m not sure if it’s best to go once a week or every few weeks. I feel like I spend way too much when I go every few weeks although it equals to what I would spend if I was going weekly. It’s never fun. Other than grocery shopping, my want, love, need, for random shopping has disappeared. This whole situation has made me realize how much I spent on stuff that I really didn’t need. But... if things ever return to normal, I’d spend a little extra to boost the economy.
THIS!

We've been going every 2 weeks and we've noticed that our bill is actually LESS THAN twice our usual weekly total. All I can figure is that I'm trying to zip through there and not doing that random browsing you mentioned. TIRED of this!!!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts