Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-30-20, 10:05 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *May* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the May 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:08 PM  
Sissy B

Again, I know things are not normal right now, but please keep checking in when you can and let us know how you're doing/what's going on in your life whether you're recording your steps/workouts right now or not.
Old 05-01-20, 02:42 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been walking every day. I'm ready for whatever is stirring up my allergies to go away. I went and had the antibody test done yesterday. I'm still working mostly from home.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 10:58 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Friday my allergies were miserable, so I took a rest day. Yesterday we walked Jethro and I finished pruning roses and pulling all the grass out around them. I have lots of work to do out there, and I'm definitely not in gardening shape after so little of it last year. I'm sore today.

Chrys Dayley
Old 05-03-20, 09:58 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 5/1 - 5316 steps/2.25 miles
Saturday, 5/2 - 4984 steps/2.11 miles

DD & I have had a couple of lazy days. We've been exhausted so over the last few days we've watched Collection 5 and the latest holiday series of The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. This morning I got up and watched a church service online and then got packed to come back up to the condo with DD for the week. We drove up this afternoon. She goes back to work tomorrow and I'm still concerned about her being here on her own. Going to work will help, but she's very social so this has been hard on her. She'll start online classes again in June and she's hoping they will actually be able to go back to class in the fall. She's not big on the online classes, she calls it fake school.

Chrys - We're going to try and go to one of the local nurseries while I'm here and get DD some plants/containers to put on the patio to brighten up the condo. And I'm with you on being ready for whatever is blooming and irritating my allergies to go away. After we got up here we went to pick up takeout for supper and when we walked out of the condo I noticed something here is setting my allergies off too.
Old 05-04-20, 09:12 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 5/2 - Park Walk 54 min/2.38 miles

Hello Ladies! MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!!!

That's what's trending today. Thought I'd share it with you if you haven't heard it yet.

Still here, still sporadically walking weight lifting etc... Good news is I had a better workout month last month than I did in March. In March I worked out 11 days vs. 17 in April. So I am headed in the right direction.

Sissy, happy for you and DD. Sorry about the allergies. You too Chrys.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 10:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a dog walk today. My allergies are still terrible. I got my results and I don't have the antibodies. I went into work today, and will be doing that a few days a week from now until the end of school.
Chrys Dayley
Old 05-06-20, 11:27 AM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 5/3 - 3892 steps/1.65 miles
Monday, 5/4 - 2179 steps/0.92 miles
Tuesday, 5/5 - 2196 steps/0.93 miles

Chrys
-My allergies are actually better here. I've been waking up without a sinus headache since Monday. I'm still taking my Zyrtec though because I know my allergies will kick back in when I go home.

DD went back to work Monday morning. She had the day off yesterday so we worked on redoing some of her furniture. She sanded all the pieces and I helped her paint them. We redid a small bookcase for the hall upstairs, a storage table that is in the living room, and we're working on the lighthouse. It has shelves so it will give her a place to store her books and things by the front door. She's working today and they're picking blueberries. We'll finish repainting the lighthouse when she gets home.
Old 05-07-20, 08:34 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 5/4 - Park Walk 54 min/2.26 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch
Wed 5/6 - TM 32 min/1.5 miles; Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders; 5754 steps/2.57 miles

I'm going to try and use my smart watch more. I stopped wearing it during this shelter in place thing. I found it tracks good in a pocket so I think I'll use it that way instead of the wrist.

Chrys, congratulations on your return to work. At least your social circle expands a little even practicing social distancing.

Sissy, you and DD are so creative. I so enjoy hearing about the time you spend together.

We have sunshine blue skies today with temps soaring to a whopping 65 degrees!!! Storms are predicted to move through overnight so we are told to enjoy the sun while we have it. You know they say just 5-15 minutes a day of direct sunshine provides your body all the Vita D it needs for the day. Amazing isn't it, when you think of such a natural source of D and it doesn't cost a cent.

I'd be out there already but am trying to wait on a phone call. This lady and I have been playing phone tag for the past 2 days and I really want to get this done so need to speak with her. Yesterday she called just when I decided to get on the TM and I wasn't stopping. My TM workout was more important. So I am going to give her until noon, which is 3.5 hours. By noon it should feel pretty good out. It's already in the 50s. It dropped down into the 40s overnight.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 10:42 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 5/6 - 2399 steps/1.02 miles

I spoke too soon about my allergies being better. They were, for a couple of days, but I woke up congested again this morning. The temperature has changed, it's getting cooler here (which I love) and anytime the temperature fluctuates between hot and cold that tends to set mine off. DD's having an even harder time, but it may be because she's working outdoors.

We finished painting the lighthouse last night and we've done all the painting projects we're going to do for this trip. The cabinets in DD's bathroom still need to be redone, but we'll do that another time. DH is on his way up with the dogs so he can fix the leak at the washing machine. If he can't do it this time, we'll call a plumber. Then he'll stay for a few days and I'll go back home with him and the dogs.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers